chapter 7

Private guard

Taemin ordered the guards to release Minho, the royal doctor took care of his wound, the maids fed and bathed him, they dressed him in new clothes and made a bed for him so he could sleep. At night he was on the roads toward the rebels’ headquarters.

By that time, Taemin arranged their escapement, he wrote a letter to Mrs. Gyu and apologized for what he was about to do, begged for her understanding, he placed the letter on his bed before he dressed and packed for the roads, it was going to be a long ride.

It was almost dawn when Minho finally came back with Suho on his horse, his brother looked sick but impressive as always, Taemin ran toward them and threw himself on his brother with a big hug, welcomed him with tears of joy.

“Little brother…” Suho chuckled as he patted his back fondly.

“Are you hurt?”

“No…I’m fine, thanks to Minho” Suho said and glanced at the rebel who was still on his horse.

Taemin looked at Minho with appreciation in his eyes.  

“He told me about Appa as well” Suho said sadly as he pushed his hand into his pocket and pulled a little bag with a medicine in it “I could have saved him”

Taemin held his brother’s hands for comfort “he was sick for so long”

“I still had a little faith” Suho sighed and placed the medicine back in his pocket “it must have been hard for you, left alone to take care of the kingdom”

“Father never taught me how”

Suho nodded “I’m here now”

Taemin meant to tell his brother he’s leaving but found himself urging him to rest before he’ll turn to take care of the kingdom matters, it was only after Suho disappeared in his room he hopped on Minho’s horse, he wrapped his arms around his waist and leaned his head on his back “let’s go away from here” he mumbled sadly, thinking of all the things he’ll probably miss.

“Once we’ll leave, we can’t come back” Minho said, feeling the boy’s sad mood “are you sure this is what you want?”

“Yes”

Placing his hand over Taemin’s arm, Minho galloped through the palace gates.






Taemin opened his eyes when he felt the horse slowing down, the sun played with the trees, created beautiful shadows on the ground, he raised his head from Minho’s back, made him glance at him over his shoulder, he had no idea where they were but he knew it was far away from the palace.

“Slept well?” Minho asked with a soft smile.

“Hmmm…”

“It’s getting dark, we should camp for tonight”

Taemin nodded and Minho guide the horse through the wood toward the river.

Though Minho was sore when he got down from the horse, he reached his hand and helped the boy to get down as well.

Feeling guilty for his pain, Taemin reached his hand and touched Minho’s shoulder “are you in pain?”

“I’m ok” he said, though it was clearly a lie.

Taemin reached hesitating hands and united Minho’s hanbok to reveal his shoulder, he saw his bandage was stained with blood.

“It should be cleaned and re-bandaged” he said worriedly.

Minho smiled for his concern, he reached his hand and cupped his cheek lovingly, pulled him to his mouth with a soft kiss “come into the river with me, help me wash it” he mumbled against his lips.

“The river?” Taemin squeaked, memories of his drowning popped in his head.

“I’ll keep you safe” Minho promised as he slid his hand down to undress him, his heart raced when he pushed the fabrics from his body and exposed his beautiful ness.

Though Minho had seen him before, touched him so privately, Taemin flushed, he felt exposed, standing outside, so freely.  

With a little help, Minho undressed as well, his face changed with pain when the boy removed the bandage from his wounded skin. Taemin’s heart ached in his chest to see his suffering.

Holding the boy’s hand, Minho pulled him into the river, his little body shook as he hesitatingly stepped into the water, he held his hand in a death grip when water splashed on his skin, he could see he was fighting the urge to ran back to safety as he pulled him deeper into the water.

“Is it ok here?” Minho asked when they reached a point where water covered their waist.

Taemin nodded, it wasn’t too deep, he would be safe.

Minho smiled, he splashed water on the boy’s skin so he would calm and earned a soft smile from his lips, his wet hand pulled him closer to his body, wrapped around his waist as he lowered his mouth and kissed him hungrily.

Taemin groaned when Minho’s warm tongue invaded his mouth, he shivered when their bodies touched, arousal tickled every single nerve in him.

“I’m sorry…” he mumbled when their lips separated.

“What for?”

Taemin reached his hand and brushed his fingers gently over Minho’s shoulder, tears sprang in his eyes when he circled the wound, he had hurt the man he loves.

“You were angry for a reason” Minho whispered.

“I chose to hurt you”

“I’m not dead” Minho said and placed his fingers underneath the boy’s chin, forcing him to look into his eyes.

“What if I would have hurt you a little lower” he asked, placing his hand over his heart.

“You wouldn’t, you love me”

Taemin gulped, tears escaped his guard, his heart threatened to burst out of his chest from all the love he had felt for the man in front of him.

“Don’t cry…” Minho whispered as he wiped his tears.

Taemin snuggled into Minho’s palm and quietly mumbled “I love you”  

“I love you too. I wished I could give you everything you deserve”

Taemin raised questioning eyes at him.

“Bathing in a river, it’s not suitable for a prince” Minho said with an apologetic smile.

The boy shook his head with a teary smile “I had never felt happier before”

“How come I never knew you’re a prince?”

“Only my father’s confidence knew”

“Why?”

“Because I’m not a real prince”

Minho looked at the boy confused.

“I could hire the throne only if anything would ever happen to Suho, however, I would never be a real prince, I’m the mistress’ son. Mother was a maid at the palace, father fell for her, he said she was a real beauty, she got pregnant and when the queen found about it, she ordered to expel her from the palace, but father forbidden. After I was born, the queen jealous of all the attention mother and I received from father, she threatened to expose his scandal and put a shame on his head, I guess father couldn’t take that risk, he consulted with the officers and they all agreed mother should leave. Mother had no money to raise me, so she left me at the palace, the queen refused to take care of the mistress’ son, so father took Mrs. Gyu to be my guardian, she had been the mother I never had. When I was 5 years old, the queen died from a heart disease, father left to parent me and Suho by himself”

Minho stared at the boy for a long moment, let his words sink in before he smiled and pulled him to his lips, his tongue its way into his mouth, relished on his sweet taste while his arms hugged him tightly to his yearning body.   

“Prince or not, I love you just the way you are”