it wasn't me, it's her!

Honey and Carrots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a fine sunny afternoon. They were free from their schedules and the dorm was warm enough so the five of them could relax.

The two of them for the matter because right now Wendy could not just sleep or even lay on her bed. Reason? Seulgi and Irene were in their room.

Sure Wendy was used to it. One of them would always ask Wendy if the other could stay in the room she and Seulgi shared. Mostly Seulgi would be the one asking. Wendy suspects that Irene might still be a little shy about the whole asking thing.

She always agreed. She understood how hard it is for the two to hide their relationship to the public– if they were hiding it because sometimes they weren’t good at it.

She understood that given the schedules the two had rarely time for each other. She was cool with it. She supported her group mates. She wanted them to at least feel happy and spend the times where they don’t have schedules together.

All would be fine to Wendy if the situation was normal. If they were the lovey-dovey couple that they were. But the situation right now is different.

There was screaming.

Yes, Wendy would normally brush the thought off. She didn’t want to delve into whatever the couple’s doing when they were alone, in bed. Sometimes she’s just worried that the maknaes would hear but knowing how deep those two sleep she doesn’t give much attention.

Today though, it was really different. The screams were continuous and it sounded like the both of them were mad.

Are they fighting? Wendy asked herself in her thought. She shook her head so that she could convince herself that she shouldn’t interfere.

Couples go through this stuff right? They should know how to solve their own arguments. And knowing the both of them for long, she knows that the two would end up hugging each other the next day.

Minutes passed and even though the screaming stopped for a moment. It was not stopping completely anytime soon. Wendy’s becoming worried and considering the time the maknaes would probably be awake soon.

Of course, the burden was on her. She sighs, the burden was always on her ever since the two got together. First, they tell Wendy to keep their relationship a secret from the maknaes for the meantime. The two were planning to tell them soon but they were still waiting for the right timing– the right timing they clearly didn’t give to Wendy.

(How did Wendy find out? She doesn’t want to go back to that time. Let’s just say there was a room involved and some screaming.)

The couple though is making it way too difficult for Wendy to keep the secret. They were literally exposing themselves.

There are times where they would be kissing at practice rooms or at waiting rooms, there would be times that they’re doing weird stuff at the dorm and now they’re fighting–loudly for that matter.

Wendy was still torn but she thinks that she would interfere this once. Just this once, because right now she thinks that if anyone doesn’t mediate the conflict brewing from the room a chair might come flying through the wall.

She knows Irene too well and that isn’t far from happening.

She hesitantly walks toward the front door of her and Seulgi’s shared room. They were totally arguing. What could possibly be the reason, Wendy thinks first before completely opening the door using the spare key.

She wanted to at least first think of reasons why the couple could possibly be fighting so that she could come up with an advice of some kind. She could hear them sure but whatever they were fighting about wasn’t really that clear.

Was it because Seulgi passed the boundaries Irene set again when it came to skinship with other girls (not including their members, of course, well sometimes).

Was it because Seulgi somehow managed to mess up the laundry. God knows what Irene could do if ever that happens.

Or was it Irene-unnie’s fault this time. Did she manage to forget a significant event? Come to think of it their anniversary is relatively around this time Wendy thinks.

Did someone manage to forget their anniversary?

Before Wendy could even settle into a possible reason why the two are arguing she heard something that caused her to go to alert mode.

Something just broke. Like literally, there was a loud thud and the sound of something glass breaking was the last thing she heard. Wendy immediately fiddles with the key to open the door.

What the hell she thought, she never knew it would come this far. Are they seriously resulting in violence now? How serious of a fight was it?

Wendy slams the door open and sees the two girls picking up the pieces of something that was way too familiar for the Canadian to not recognize.

It’s her humidifier.

The two girls on the other hand momentarily stopped their poor attempt at rebuilding the broken pieces of Wendy’s humidifier to look at who could have opened the door.

It’s Wendy.

The shock was evident on the three girls’ faces. The situation was still hard to grasp, especially to Wendy.

How did her poor, innocent humidifier get involved in the couple’s argument? She wasn’t going to let this slide easily. There must be a good explanation behind the taking of her humidifier’s life.

The two girls that were inside the room stood up from their position. Both of them can’t look Wendy in the eye and none of them showed any signs that neither of them was going to talk soon. So the Canadian decides to speak up first, her humidifier needed justice!

“What happened here? Are you two fighting?” Wendy asks as she crosses her arms and walks closer towards the two.

The two didn’t speak up and their heads were down but they managed to nod their heads to signal no making Wendy more confused.

If they weren’t fighting then what was the screaming all about? How was her helpless humidifier dragged into the picture?

“Then what happened and why is my humidifier broken?” she wanted to ask as Wendy was just plain confused.

“It was unnie!”

“It was Seulgi!”

They say at the same time with their voices raised. They were also pointing at each other.

What is happening?

“Woah woah wait, if you two weren’t fighting then what was all the screaming earlier about?” Wendy grabs the two girls’ wrists and sits the three of them in Seulgi’s bed.

Irene seems to be pissed as she turns her head opposite Seulgi’s direction and mouths ‘hmph’ under her breath. Wendy knows that her unnie could act childish at times especially around Seulgi.

Especially when they have their fights over the smallest things.

Wendy, therefore, concludes that this might be a small fight that grew into something huge. Or whatever, at least she now knows it was an argument over a small thing. That’s a start.

Since she knew that Irene wouldn’t talk anytime soon she turns to Seulgi who’s just looking at the broken pieces of Wendy’s humidifier with a sad look. When Seulgi notices that Wendy was looking at her she decides to speak up.

“Sorry, Wannie. Sorry for breaking your humidifier, I know it’s really important to you it’s just that it’s really Hyunnie’s fault-“

“Hey! Kang Seulgi you were the one who broke it.”

“I did not break it it’s your fault.”

“I absolutely did not!”

Wendy couldn’t take this anymore. She’s annoyed and she needed context behind all this.

“STOP! Both of you stop!” Wendy says standing up from her position. Her eyes going from Seulgi to Irene.

Her eyes landed on Seulgi. This is right, she should ask Seulgi because Seulgi can’t tell a lie. Well, of course, she would lie about the part of the humidifier because Wendy still considers her a suspect and criminals don’t particularly turn themselves in, don’t they?

“You,” Wendy points at Seulgi who was forced to look up to her since her voice was commanding and Seulgi had no choice, “What happened here, tell me the truth Kang Seulgi.”

Seulgi ponders for a bit. Of course, there are a lot of things to consider. Her girlfriend was just on the other side of the bed; probably mad at her. Then there’s her best friend in front of her who just had her humidifier broken courtesy of the two of them.

Who should she choose?

Conflict management. She chooses to tell Wendy because if she doesn’t; she doesn’t have much of a choice anyway, Wendy would still bug Irene about it too so it’s better if she tells the story.

Irene’s way of story-telling would prove disadvantageous to Seulgi’s side. At least Seulgi was a reasonable person when it comes to this.

That Wendy knows as well.

“Uh you see Wan, we were playing Mario Kart,” Seulgi points at the abandoned game console so that her story would be more believable. It is the truth anyway, “and things got a little rough when Hyunnie kept losing.”

Before Wendy could react a pillow went flying on to Seulgi’s face. Who would’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter