polaroids

Honey and Carrots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi can't recall the last time she ever took a polaroid picture that Bae Joohyun wasn't the subject. She was busy looking at the shots she had taken from today and she can't help but smile at how effortlessly beautiful the girl was. There were ten polaroids in her hands and she needed only two for her project and it was so damn hard for her to choose shots because the word beautiful isn't enough to describe Bae Joohyun. 

She succeeds in choosing two photos, she inserts them in her journal and notes that these were the photos that would go in her project. She looks at the remaining photos at her hands, scanning through them again, smiling like an idiot every time she sees the face of the girl. She might be going crazy now, that mere pictures of the girl were enough to make her heart flutter like crazy. She reaches the end of the stack, the last one was a picture of Joohyun in front of an old convenience store.

It was one of the improvised shots — it was a photo Seulgi took just for future references, it was also where Seulgi just told Joohyun to do whatever pose she wants because again it was only for future references. But Joohyun's beauty was really no joke that Seulgi's intention of only getting a reference shot was then turned into one hell of a great photo. Too bad it couldn't get into the project as it didn't fit the theme of it. 

Seulgi grabs a box under her bed with the words "references" scribbled at the top of it and she puts the extra polaroids inside them. The box was filled with other polaroids that didn't get to be part of her project, at least thirty polaroids were in there. Seulgi laughs when she realizes the number of polaroids she had of Joohyun, if she wasn't keeping these as references and if Joohyun wasn't her model or if she wasn't Joohyun's friend people would think of her as a crazed stalker, but she thanks the universe that Joohyun was her friend and the girl has agreed to be her model for her little project. 

 

Today was the last day of Seulgi taking polaroid pictures of Joohyun, it saddens Seulgi a little that she wouldn't be able to take pictures of Joohyun's beauty after this without looking like a complete creep, she was her favorite model after all.

 

"Hyun-ah, just do whatever you want ok, just ten shots for today!" Seulgi instructs Joohyun as to what she was supposed to do.

 

Seulgi realized from looking at the convenience store photo that Joohyun looked more beautiful than she already was when she wasn't restrained to do one particular feeling or pose. Seulgi noticed Joohyun's brows had furrowed because of confusion.

 

"But, what am I suppose to then? Just play around?" the other girl asks as she points to her surroundings. They were at a playground this time for the shoot and Seulgi couldn't have put it much better.

 

"Yes Hyun-ah, act like the child you are," and she gets a smack from the other girl but she doesn't mind it. She's used to getting smacked or hit by the other girl anyway if anything teasing Joohyun was one of the things that make her happy. 

 

"Hyun-ah! Last shot for today!" Seulgi counts down as Joohyun was about to push herself on the swing, clicking the camera and with a flash coming out from it and Seulgi had realized that this may be the last polaroid picture she will ever take of Joohyun. Seulgi snaps out of her thoughts when the picture starts to come out from the camera she was holding and Joohyun quickly approaches her.

 

"Hey let me see, did it turn out good?" Joohyun tries to grab the picture from Seulgi which had just come out from the camera.

 

"Yah! Hyun-ah wait a second it's still not finished," Seulgi swats away Joohyuns hand and she swears she had seen the girl pout and she resists the urge to just pinch those cheeks. Seulgi shakes the polaroid she was holding to fully reveal the photo of the other girl. When she thought that the polaroid was ready to be viewed she stopped shaking it. 

 

A bright smile and sparkling eyes filled with joy greeted Seulgi the moment she saw the last photo she had taken. It displayed happiness and brightness that she thought anyone who would look at it would immediately be happy. Seulgi had always thought of Joohyun as something like the sunshine who brought brightness to her world, it sounded really cheesy in Seulgi's mind but she can't deny that it's true, Joohyun was like that, her smiles were easily one of Seulgi's favorite things.

 

"Hey can I see it now Seulgi-yah?" Joohyun demands, Seulgi was almost embarrassed that she might be staring at it for too l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter