Two

L'HOMME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       Second Chapter: D-368

 

Two days ago, I made a huge decision. After talking to him for a few minutes outside the building, I ended up inviting him inside for a drink. That’s when I found out about his situation: it turns out that he ran away from home because he wanted freedom. Seonho’s parents kept him locked inside their house, saying it’s too dangerous to go out. I couldn’t agree more especially for a boy who seems sheltered. However, as much as I wanted to tell him to go back, I could feel that no matter how hard I try to convince him, he’d just ignore my pleas.

 

Aside from that, I also found out his tolerance towards alcohol is as low as the temperature in winter; two shots and he was already out of it, singing and dancing inside the apartment. It was a memorable experience, I doubt a completely sober Seonho would ever act that way. That night, I found out more about him and he listened to me more than any of my friends could.

 

He told me he was a big fan of SNSD, and I told him I liked 2ne1.

 

I loved bibimbaps, and he liked kimbap.

 

But what I couldn’t possibly forget was how he finally had the guts to look at me straight in the eyes. His face was flushed red and his lips curved into a smile. Seonho’s chin was resting on his right palm as his elbow was on the table for support. He looked at me for minutes, his eyes never leaving mine even for a couple of seconds. I was completely dazed by his actions, but I admit I liked the atmosphere between us. The longer he looked at me, the more I felt my body heat up. Half of me knew why, but half of me tried to believe it was because of the alcohol. Nonetheless, I shrugged it off. Little by little, his face came closer and his lids slowly closed.

 

“Hey, where are the cups again?” Seonho’s words cut my thoughts. I saw him at the kitchen rummaging through the cabinets with two ramen packets in his right hand. I continued to watch him as he pouted his lips and furrowed his brows in frustration. He was wearing my clothes, gray shorts and a black t-shirt that’s a little too big for him. On the other hand, I was sitting on the couch across the kitchen. Trying to keep myself busy by watching him do his work.

 

After hearing his story, I finally decided to let him stay in my apartment until he finally finds his own. Seonho promised he could cook or do the laundry, do his fair share in the chores. He’d also look for a job and help as much as he can with the bills. “3rd drawer from the left” I told him. He looked at me for a second and smiled. “Thanks” Seonho replied as he opened the drawer and took the cup. I watched him as he turned the stove on and waited for it to boil, preparing the ramen in the process. 

 

“How do you like your eggs cooked?”

 

“Just leave it be. Don’t mix” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter