Chapter 12

Bonding Desire

"I really don't like this Hoseok. We can't leave him there to fend for himself."

"Cathleen, relax. He has the other members with him, plus our security guards. There may be chaos over the next few days, but it'll all die down eventually." I fidgeted in my sleep, not happy with being left in the dark like this. 

"People are going to realize sooner or later that I'm not growing. That's not something we can hide once it gets to the point where I'm supposed to be showing a baby bump."

"I really don't know how this is all going to work either. All I know is that we need to get your dad before he puts us in more danger." I nodded. 

"This is really going to put a stress on your popularity... It's all my fault. If I didn't have a psychopath dad, never started dating Kookie, never met you guys at the concert... Everything would be fine. Tae would be safe. You guys would be successfully promoting. I would be at home studying." Tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

"Would you cut it out?!" I stared wide-eyed at Hoseok, taken back by his outburst. He never rose his voice. "I'm sorry Cath, but you can't start letting thoughts like those take over your mind. That's how your dad wins. You can't control who your parents are, I have never seen Jungkook happier since he started dating you, and I speak for all of us when I say that you've brought something really special to our family. You are our family now. So, get those thoughts out of your head and focus. I know you're smart enough to figure out the next move." 

I had never felt more fired up. Hoseok was right. 

"We're taking him down. Tomorrow night."

Jungkook

Silence. No one in the venue could say a word at the unexpected news. Even though it was a lie, it felt real because of the reaction I was receiving. I cursed under my breath. What do I do now? Namjoon stepped up beside me and leaned into my ear.

"We need to get out of here before reporters come to bombard us," he whispered. I nodded and we quickly bowed and exited the stage. I heard the MC trying to cut through the silence and close the show as we headed to the car.

"Kookie, are you alright? What happened?"

"Nothing. We got complete silence. We just bowed and left."

"Don't get on Twitter. Or any social media." I sighed as I laid my head in my heads. Of course our fans wouldn't take it well, and the media must be eating this up as if they hadn't eaten in days.

"PD-nim is going to announce a temporary hiatus of all BTS activity at a press conference. We all need to stay at the dorm and not go out until it's been deemed safe." We all nodded. 

"I'm sorry hyungs... this is all my fault. You guys have to put your careers on hold for my problems." My head hung in shame.

"Jungkook-ah. They're not just your problems, especially since Tae is in danger. You're our family. What are your problems are ours," Namjoon affirmed. I smiled weakly at them, as they all seemed to agree.

"I've got a plan Kookie. We're attacking tomorrow night."

"Tomorrow night? Why so sudden Jagi? It's not safe for any of us out there!"

"I want this to end. I'm sick and tired of having my life be controlled by a sick mad-man who just wants to use his "daughter" to get out of jail." My eyes widened.

"Jungkook what's wrong?"

"Cathleen is ending it tomorrow night. And there's no stopping her. I've never heard her so fired up before. It's scary, but really hot at the same time." They all laughed.

"Alright then. What's the plan?" She let me in on the plan, and I relayed it to the other members.

"It's almost scary how genius her plan is," Yoongi mumbled.

"I hope she understands who she's going up against," Namjoon sighed. "He's completely insane."

"Hyung, we're going to keep you safe, don't worry. He won't be able to get to you."

Cathleen

"That's insane."

"You're crazy."

"But totally genius, and it just might work." I smiled proudly at the leader's words.

"You can't be serious hyung."

"Sorry Kookie."

"How am I supposed to do that?!"

"Easy. Just pretend you're dead," I smirked.