Chapter 11

Bonding Desire

"Why do I have to have a psychopath for a father? Why couldn't my father treat me like a princess and make me a daddy's girl?"

"That's not a question for me Jagi." I huffed. "Maybe because you were fated to have an amazing family outside of your biological family. I mean you don't have a father, but you have an amazing boyfriend, and six other oppas that love you as if you're their actual little sister." I smiled as I thought of the amazing people I was currently surrounded by. Then I remembered the one who was missing: Taehyung. The house hasn't been the same without him. Day by day, the atmosphere grows gloomier and gloomier without him to bring laughter and make everyone smile. Even Hoseok hasn't been able to keep the liveliness of the house up. It has been a day since we contacted the NIS and FBI, and so far, they haven't taken any action. It was made public that Taehyung would not be participating in the next few events due to an injury. 

"What are we going to do about your father? Obviously, ignoring his commands won't get us anywhere." 

"Jungkook, if I knew of a solution, we wouldn't be in this situation right now," I exasperated. I dropped my head into my hands, tired of being asked the same question by everyone. He pulled me into his arms muttering an apology. Everything would be fine. I continued to tell myself that everything would be fine. My father would be arrested, Tae would be saved, and everything would be fine. Namjoon walked into the living room with a serious look on his face.

"We have an event tonight. We're not performing, but we have to make an appearance."

"How can we show up to an event looking this? We all look like we were resurrected from the underworld."

"We'll have to put on a face and make people think that everything is ok. That's all we can do right now. It might be good for us if people see Cathleen and Jungkook happy together. It'll be a distraction from Tae being gone. I nodded with a sigh. Kookie looked at me with worry, but I just shot a smile that everything was ok. They were BTS. People would start to wonder why they weren't doing anything just because a member was injured.

That Night 

"Hyung I don't think this is a good idea."

"Why do you say that?"

"We look like we're about to get married." I glanced at the two of us and saw what he meant. The boys all looked stunning in black and white suits, while I wore a classic white dress with long sleeves. I would never wear a dress like this for my wedding, but Kookie was right. We looked like we were about to walk down the aisle and tie the knot.

"Don't worry about it. If people read too much into it, we'll explain that you guys aren't even engaged. Just make sure you don't wear any rings. At least on your left ring finger." Kookie, who still didn't like the idea, sighed and nodded reluctantly. We climbed into the black limo, not fully prepared to take on the event without the seventh member. 

I sat alone at the table as BTS made their appearance on the stage. They joked around and acted as if Tae wasn't missing and was with them on the stage. Their time was almost up and the MC had one more question for them.

"This one is for Jungkook. We received a little memo from an outside source that you and your girlfriend have a big announcement to make. Would you mind sharing the news with us?" Jungkook paled. I felt the panic in his mind as he avoided making eye contact with me in the audience. 

"What do they mean a big announcement?"

"I don't know Kookie. Just play it off and say it's just a rumor."

"I'm not really sure where or who you received this memo from, but I must confess that there is no announcement concerning me and my girlfriend at this time. It's just a rumor." My phone buzzed and I looked down to read the text. My eyes widened and my heart began to pound. Jungkook must have sensed my fear.

"Jagi? Are you ok?"

"He sent me a text. He's behind this whole announcement thing."

"What?" I read him the text,anger bubbling inside of both of us.

"You don't have to keep everything a secret Jungkook. If you have something to say you should just say it." The MC was starting to get pushy. 

"He's angry that we've been ignoring his request. If we don't do what he says, he'll kill Tae..." I felt the tears well up in my eyes as I watched Jungkook take a deep breath and sigh. The members began to defend the maknae, but he raised his hand to stop them. He whispered something to Hoseok before the latter took off and disappeared back stage. 

"Hoseok is going to get a taxi and take you home. I would rather be safe and not have you ambushed when I announce it."

"Kookie... You're not really-" He cut me off.

"I have to! What other choice do we have? We underestimated this man. Just get back safely. The others and I can handle this." I wasn't convinced.

"Please stay safe. If anything goes wrong let me know. We'll call the police or something."

"Don't you go doing something that will put you in danger. I promise to keep you and Hoseok updated on what's going on." I nodded.

"I love you jagi." He shot me a small smile from the stage.

"I love you too." 

Hoseok had made his way to where I was seated and helped me stand up.

"I'm sure Jungkook has already filled you in," he whispered as we made our way to the exit. I nodded, not looking back at the one I loved as we left the banquet hall.

Jungkook

I watched as the two left the room before continuing with my plan. Time to put my acting skills to the test.

"Alright, alright," I began with a smile. "I have a feeling you guys won't give me break until I spill the secret." The other members looked at me in confusion, but I just waved them off.

"The other members don't seem to know about the secret either. Could this be their first time hearing this as well?" I nodded at the MC.

"Cathleen and I really wanted to keep this a secret for as long as we could. We were going to tell the members sometime this week, but we didn't really want the public to know about it for a while." Everyone was watching me in anticipation as they waited for me to make the big announcement. All of the cameras were aimed at my face ready to capture the big secret for everyone that was watching the broadcast to hear. I could do this. Tae's life was on the line. 

"Cathleen and I..." I had to muster all of my strength to get the words out with confidence. "are expecting. We'll be having a baby in eight months."