One

Super Hot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December 2014.

 

The end of the year, the busiest time of the year for students of Multi Art High School. Due dates, semester tests, projects, everything. Students were brisling about with textiles, make up tools and such, especially around the project hall. For the third grade students, they just finished showing their mentor their design ideas for their finals.


“Oh.my.freakin’.god” a lanky male with blonde hair sighs exaggeratedly, his arms swung around a shorter female.


“I can’t believe Mrs. Goh rejected my ideas. Again!”


“Well, that’s Mrs. Goh for ya”


“You’re not helping at all here.” He said with a deadpan look. The shorter one just shrugged at him before she too, busied herself with her portfolio.


“Have you had a model yet?”


“Yup”


“Really? Let me see your portfolio” and as if on cue her name was called to enter the hall.


As soon as she entered the hall, she was greeted by the sharp eyes of a few of her teacher, including her mentor. She goes to the projector, and preparing the mannequin. A fat sigh slipped past her lips before she put on her best looking smile before she start presenting her project ideas.


It was not until an hour later that the said female steps out of the hall, a bunch of other students raised their heads instantly. The lanky blonde male greets her. “How did it go?” and again she just shrugged her shoulder. “I’m good to go” and cue repetitive groans was heard from the crowd. Her name is Kang Hyora, a third year student majoring fashion study. The lanky man, Hyunjae, was one of her friend, they walk together to the park where the rest of their friends waiting.


“How did it go?” one of them asked. While Hyunjae just pouts and shakes his head, Hyora make an ok sign.
“Have you got a make-up artist Hyora-ya?”
“Nope, I… don’t know who to ask” Hyora scratches the back of her head. “All of my make-up junkies are busy with their own project, and I don’t know about students in 2nd and 1st year.”
“You know, I met this junior one time. She’s SO good, you should definitely contact her. And she’s only in her first year” she nodded her head albeit a bit exaggerated.
“What’s her name?”
“Ong Miyoung”
“Ong? Not Hong?”
“Ong”

 

***

 

With that in mind, Hyora goes to the make-up department looking for that girl named Ong Miyoung. She walks through the hallway peeking into numerous of classes and labs. She was about to withdraw from her searching and go back, when she stumbles upon a class way to the end of the hallway. A faint of music being played was heard and she dare taking a peek inside.


“Excuse me” Hyora exclaimed, making the other girl divert her attention from her mannequin to the source of the sound.
“Yes? Can I help you?” she asked, putting down her make up brush.
“Uhm... I’m looking for someone named Ong Miyoung” Hyora said, scratching her nape.
“That’s me” she smiled.
With a single blink of an eye, Hyora was already in front of the said girl, hands cupping both of her hands. “You have to help me, Miyoung-ssi”


And that’s how both of the girls take a step into their blossoming friendship. With Hyora’s final project coming up, she and Miyoung are required to meet up a lot of time. They’d be staying up late at the local library to finish the project or they would crash at each other’s houses. They basically become attached to each other supporting whatever the other do, until Miyoung moves into Hyora’s house a year later. They have a lot of things in common- you can tell by just looking at their appearance.


Hyora and Miyoung are both eccentric, not-so-edgy but could easily be found in crowd. Hyora is 5’3” with fair skin. She wears wig in daily basis – dark brown wig at school and colorful wig for other occasions. Actually she dislikes heavy hair accessories, it makes her scalp itchy and can be uncomfortable in summer, but she has to hide her original hair. She cut it very short when she almost lost all of her hair from PPD allergy. If you see a petite woman walking at downtown Seoul with colorful hair, oversized sweater, ripped black legging, and ankle boots, it could probably her.


Miyoung, on the other hand, is a slender 5’5” lady with dyed long hair. Her skin tone is close to tan and what makes her stand out is her make-up. She likes to put uncommon colors on her face but somehow it ended up amazing. Her make up skill is known among art students, instagram and editorial models, not to mention she has become one of most wanted bridal MUA when she was only 15. Make up is her passion and she wants to make money out of it.


Both of them are single, and they enjoy it. They can be found chilling at coffee shops with Urban Zakapa or Standing Eggs’ songs playing in the background. They would go to karaoke booth together to sing their hearts out and ended up grilling meat and drinking soju at pojangmacha. They haven’t even legal but their mischief leads them to a table filled with barbeque grill, jokbal, and alcohol, but they know when to stop and never go home in drunken state. It continues until Hyora graduated and enters university, while Miyoung decides not to follow Hyora’s step to be a college student. She prefers to focus on her MUA career after high school.

 

***

July 2017.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter