Day One (Part 1)

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16: Day 1 (Part 1) EDITED

“Lisa, did you finish the milk all by yourself?”

It was just another hectic morning for someone who fail to wake up in time for school (again) when mom ask about the ‘milk’. Crap, I thought to myself as I recalls how I feed my neighbourhood’s dogs with that milk. I didn’t expect mom to notice the milk was gone.

“Milk?” I fake a puzzle look as I gulp nervously.

“You know, the one you found in front of the gate?” She ask.

“A-ah, that milk,” I swiftly avoid her eyes and fix my expression as if I did nothing wrong.

“Yes mom, I finish it all last night”

“Seriously? All of it?” My mom give me a weird look and I simply nodded.

“What if the owner come back to find it?”

“I don’t think so,” I confidently reply and mom could only answer with a shrug. No one would come and claim it because I knew it was for me.

“Please forgive me for the kimchi”

Who else would have put it in front of the gate with that note if it’s none other that weirdo?

“Kim Taehyung,” I mumbles to myself. Did he really feel sorry for pranking me or he just don’t want to waste that milk away? I have no idea. I never could tell what he is thinking from the very moment I met him years ago. Slowly, the memory of our first meeting creeps into my mind.

“Lalisa!” I didn’t need to take a second look to know mom was angry when she opened the door. I lowered my head, silently embracing myself for the scolding as mom approaches me. “Why didn’t you answer my call?!” Mom scolded. “And what happened to your knee??”

“I fell from the bicycle,” I replied, keeping my head low. Mom shook her head at my respond.

“It’s only been a week since we move here, for god sake!” Mom whined. “And you’re back on hurting yourself?!”

 I had to admit I was pretty mad back then. Ever since I notice I couldn’t cry out any tears, I am fearless. I didn’t mind doing dangerous stuff which explain why I always end up having wounds here and there. It just the fact that I can’t cry somehow makes me feel heartless, as if I couldn’t feel a thing.  

“I am so disappointed with you, Lalisa Manoban,” Mom said with disappointed face before slammed the door, leaving me alone outside. Didn’t even bother to go inside, I instead turned myself away from the door. That was when my eyes meet his.  

Standing alone across my house, a boy wearing a plain green shirt with short pants was staring right at me. That was the very first time I saw him, Kim Taehyung. I have no idea how long he was standing there. Did he saw I got scolded? I couldn’t tell by the way he was looking at me. A minute later, he silently leave. I never see him again until few days later where I spotted him at school and surprisingly, he lives nearby too. Despite the fact he is my neighbour, we are definitely not friends. Probably just a mere acquaintance. He—”

“Lisa, stop your daydreaming or you’ll miss the bus!”

“Huh??” I almost choke when I turn to check the time. Panicked, I stuffed half of the sandwich that was left and rushes to get my socks on. I can’t believe I spend my time to think about that weirdo!

I hope he will stay away from me today. I silently prayed as I leave the house.  

----------------------------------------------------------

“Alright, class dismissed!”

This is surprising, I thought to myself as I stared blankly at the time. School is over and I didn’t encounter him at all. I couldn’t believe my prayer actually got answered. It’s not like I’m complaining though.

“Lisa~” Rose, who already pack her bag is coming towards me with a big smile on her face, obviously radiating happiness. “Heol, look at your face” I scoff as I started to pack my things. Seeing my bestfriend happy put a smile on my face too.

“Is it that great? Having your tuition cancelled?” I asked, despite knowing her obvious feelings.

“Super great!” She exclaimed excitedly. “Yah, you know it better than anyone else how long I’ve been waiting for this!”

I couldn’t help but smiles at her respond. It’s understandable because this only happen once in a blue moon. The last time her tuition got cancelled probably was last year. I mean, having force to attend all those tuition right after school must be tough. I don’t know how Rose could keep up with all of that. She truly deserves this break.

“Too bad you can’t join me,” She pouted.

I give her a sorry look and shrugged. “Bad timing,” I commented and she reply with a sigh. Rose want to spend her day off with some food hunting. Believe it or not, Rose has never once get the chance to explore the area nearby since she usually will go straight back home for tuition. That explain her excitement. Too bad I couldn’t join because I need to replace Jisoo’s duty at the library.

“Take care and don’t get lost,” I firmly reminds her.

“I will!” Rose replied before she bid me goodbye. “See you tomorrow!” After Rose disappear from my view, I leave to the locker to keep some books. As soon as I open it, a piece of paper falls out. “What’s this?” I pick it up and unfold it without much thought.

This evening, would you join me on a date after your duty at the library is over? You may refuse if you find it a bother.

“Huh?” My eyes widened at the first two sentences.

In case you accept, please reply to my ‘Good Evening’ later with ‘Good Evening’. In case you refuse, please reply with ‘Aukulu Ddu Du Ddu du Sambodhi’.

“Auku-u, Ddu, Sambo— What?” I can’t help but snorts. The way I’m having a hard time to pronounce it makes it funnier. “This is so stupid,” I giggle as I put my books inside and lock my locker. I read the note once again before I crumpled it and throw it to the nearest dustbin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter