Bitterness

The Girl Who Never Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13: Bitterness (EDITED)

My lungs are burning but I didn’t want to slow down nor look back. I just want to get away from Taehyung as soon as possible.

“I shouldn’t have come.” I muttered in annoyance, regretting my decision for coming and at the same time feel bad for punching him but that weirdo deserves that punch. I took a peek inside the classroom before entering it in hurry. Thankfully the class hasn’t start even though the bell already rang.

Are you crying?

I quickly shook that scene away. Get a grip of yourself, get a grip of yourself. I softly tap on my cheeks, hoping it will cool the stinginess away.

“What’s wrong with you? Why is your face so red? Are you sick?” Rose looked at me worriedly.

“Hm?” I paused at her statement.  For a moment there, I almost forget about my burning mouth. “Ah, Um. No, I’m not.” I hesitantly replied with a bitter smile. “I just accidently ate something spicy.”

“Something spicy?”

“Yeah. Anyway can I have some of your water please? I forgot to bring mine today.”

Rose gave a slight nod and casually passed her bottle. I wonder if Rose didn’t mentioned anything about my face, maybe I would totally forget about this spiciness. I wish. A big sigh of relief escape my mouth after I took a big gulped of Rose’s water. That kimchi could kill.

“Stupid kimchi.”

“Kimchi? Which kimchi?”

“Tsk. That weirdo Taehyung’s kimchi..”

I immediately stopped myself when I realized what had just spontaneously escape my lips. I hope Rose didn’t hear that. I took a glance at her but no luck, Rose heard it loud and clear.

“You met Taehyung??” Rose asked, looking genuinely surprised.

“Um….” I automatically avoid Rose’s eyes, keeping my mouth shut. Unfortunately, in my hesitation Rose found her answer.

“Heol. You did?!” Rose gasped.

“I swear it is nothing like what you are thinking!” I replied. It was too late for me to deny it after all. But how am I going to explain this without making her misunderstand about the situation?

“You seriously did?!”

“Well, I need to settle something on behalf of my mom. It’s because of my mom. My mom, okay?” If it’s not because of my mom, I swear I would’ve said no.” 

“What does Taehyung have to do with your mom?”

“Uh..About that..”

Do I really need to explain this?

 “He…asked me to taste his kimchi on behalf of my mom.” That is the simplest sentence I could figure out to explain it.

“Huh?” Rose raised her eyebrows questionable.

“H-He said it was something that his family must do to their customer. It’s like their tradition, something like that”

“Did you cry?” Rose asked and I instantly froze still. Why, I wonder? I try to utter some words but nothing goes out.

“Did you?” Rose repeated and I feel a throb on my heart.

“Why are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter