Both Ways

A CHANGE OF EVENTS

Years later to where the girls have their ability to control their strength and are going to middle school just like all the other kids. Minhyuk is in his toughest year at work with the economy problems affecting his sales to a huge extent. Just like every other day , Bong Soon is helping  the police depsrtment in solving a case and making sure the city is crime.

Another normal day goes by with everyone busy with their work.They come back home after their long days to rest. " Girls, the dinner is ready! Minhyuk! Come down, screams Bong Soon from the the dinner table. running down the stairs come both the girls and Minhyuk like three kids. " I married the best.", thought Bong Soon. Helping their mother lay out the table, the three of them helped her in a hurry knowing that she would scream at them if they don't.  Bong Soon was a very organised person. She ensured that everything is in the right place and matched with each other. If anyone came to their house they would usually be shocked of the organistaion of the house , with labels everywhere and the place being so clean at all times. Bong Soon made sure the kids would have assigned chores to do so that they dont take everything for granted. Quickly plating up the table, they all sat down to say their prayer. A quick prayer was made before all meals to that the lord for blessing them with the food. The girls have told the parents that they didnt believe in God but their mother insisted them to do the prayer for the food as their dad found it very different compared to his lifestyle. Minhyuk discovered this tradition only when he went to eat with Bong Soon's family. He decided to inculcate this tradition into his daily lifestyle as  his family was very difficult and different and they never even talked about this type of tradition. Finishing the prayer , they started to eat. Due to all  of their busy schedules, dinner time was the only time they were together and could talk. Minhyuk had called it their 'Family Time'. None of them would miss this time as this was the time they felt together and united. " Girls, how was practice?" asked Soon. " It was ok. We were benched again due to our fouls." , said both of them simultaneously about their basketball practice match. " It's ok. It happens all the time. Just do your best next time." , said Bong Soon.  " You have been awfully quiet today. Is something wrong?", said Bong Soon showing a lot of concern towards her husband's blank face just staring at his food. " Something has been bothering me for a while, but it's nothing. Something at work." Bong Soon , knowing that he wasn't ok, let the topic go considering the children with them at the moment.After the quiet dinner, the kids helped clear the table and wash the dishes while their parents sat in the living room in silence. 

" I know something is wrong. I know you too well for you to hide it from me. You can tell me everything and you know that. ", said Bong Soon to end the ten minute silence that surrounded them which was something new to both of them. Taking his time wondering whether he should tell her the truth, he decided not to as she was already stressed with her job and didnt want to stress her even more. " It's just something at the office. The economy is not only causing problems to the profits of the company but is also laeding me to think that i have to cut off a few people from the company. In order to do that , there will be a lot of work and formalities. I just wish I didn't have to do this." " Well, I guess your employees will understnad your plight for doing so. If you need any help, I'm always there to reduce your stress.", said Bong Soon smiling at her husband who she is used to seeing happy and cheerful. Seeing him like this made her sad and she didn't want to leave his side. They continued to sit in silence. 

Minhyuk had lied to his wife for the first time in their 10 year marriage . The problems at work were a secondary concern at the moment. At work they had called an astrologer a week ago to ensure that everything would go well for the company. The astrologer didn't just talk about the comapny but also about Minhyuk. The astrologer told that the company was going to be able to get through this tough  time even though there may be a few problems in the middle. The company will continue to excel. This wasn't the thing that disturbed him. The astrologer brought him to the corner and asked him whether everything was alright with him. Minhyuk with confidence," Everything is great. There could be nothing wrong with me. I have an amazing wife and two beautiful girls. I'm as happy as I could be." Looking into his eyes, the astrologer made a point that changed his mood and his thoughts as well. " You may think you are great, but truthfully you aren't honest to yourself.There have been rumours about this in the past. You  must have dismissed it in the past, but it may be true to some extent." " Could you be more specific about what you are talking about?" " uality." In shock, Minhyuk Just stood still till secretary Gong slapped him back into the world. " Is everything alright?" asked Gong. "Ya! Everything is alright. Nothing to worry about at all!" Looking at him weirdly , secretary Gong just let him be. 

"I have to work late. Will be back tomorrow morning. Love you!" Putting the phone down after talking to his wife, he sat in the dimly lit room trying to finish his work. He couldn't concentrate after the ststemnet made by the astrologer. Their discussion was repeating in his head again and again. Out of frustration , he slammed the notebook in his hands on the glass table in his office.  The rumor had haunted him for years. His career was affected due to this rumour and so was his love life. He was blackmailed, stalked on occassions and even recieved threats. He later discovered that these rumours were spread by someone he is close to. He shut those rumours down when he dated and then married Bong Soon. Those words and the stares he got from many still scared him. Unable to control his thoughts and emotions, he slept.