Thank You for Being Born

Songfic: Say U Say Me

 

You probably hated me all day
You still don’t know me, stupid”


 

“Yah! Why did you bring me here?” Saetbyul shrieked at the entrance of a hair salon as she swung off N’s grip on her wrist.

“It’s a surprise.” He grinned. “Stop whining and get your in.” He pushed her back. “You seriously need a makeover.”

N had arranged a surprise meeting with the VIXX members. His dongsaengs were getting on his nerves, annoying him all day to set a gathering with their hyungsunim (sister-in-law), excluding Leo. He was neutral about it.

The boys found it amusing that their hyung actually grew a lot mature ever since the incident at the hospital a month ago. The way he handled the media wasn’t Cha Hakyeon but N.

He reckoned that the rumors the public created were rather bizarre and ridiculous, saying how he took advantage of popularity to go against the celebrity’s contract.  As a result, their CEO Y.Bird stepped forward to reveal the truth during an impromptu press conference.

 

“PD-nim, what are your thoughts on this matter.”

“Is N going to be banished from the team?”

“Will he be on hiatus?”

“Is this the end of his career as an idol?”

The CEO raised his hand, instigating the attendees to be quiet to let him speak and they complied. “I have nothing to say about this. I just want to address how reckless you are to create such uproar on the situation. As a reporter, shouldn’t you be reporting facts instead assumptions, instead of getting swayed in public’s opinions?” He sighed in frustration.

“I knew Saetbyul since VIXX’s trainee days. She auditioned and is officially our trainee in Jellyfish Entertainment four years ago with Hakyeon-i. The truth is, they are both orphans I discovered performing on the street. But Saetbyul fainted after her audition performance, it was then I found out about her disease and decided to fund for her medical fees.” He paused to catch his breath.

“I admired the kids’ spirit of standing by each other no matter what were the circumstances. Hakyeon-i did not dump her for being sick. He practiced hard to achieve their dreams, to fill up the void and that became the eventualities of VIXX’s success today. Therefore, I ask the public to watch over this couple wherever they go. Saetbyul is on the road to recovery, please do not bash her. Kamsahamnida.” He stood up, with a ninety degrees bow, he walked to the backstage calmly. The reporters hurdled forward with more questions, cameras flashing incessantly but was impeded by the security guards.

 

Saetbyul got a short bob cut with hazel brown dyes that matches perfectly with her eyes. The stylist then applied light make up on her as requested by N and she was detested. “Ugh!” she muttered under her breath. “He’s so gonna get from me.”

“Is there a problem?” The stylist thought she heard something.

“Ne? Aniyo.” Saetbyul forced a smile.

N waited at the side, chuckled at how cute she was when she puffed her cheeks from the madness.

 

“Next. Shopping!” He grabbed her wrist and dragged her on the street of Myungdong. They entered a shop selling night gown and she involuntarily flinched at the price.

“Hundred million won! You gotta be kidding me.” She gasped.

“It’s okay.” He assured, reaching for something in his pocket. “Tadah! I have my eomka (credit card) with me. Eomma ka-deu!” He grinned.

“I can’t accept this.” She shook her head and realized, “and why are we here again?”

“Told ya’ it’s a surprise.” He came across a light purple dress by his eyes with a strap sling across the shoulder and coated with glitters. It wasn’t fancy or exaggerating. It was simply innocent. “Here, try this.” He reached for it and passed it to her.

Saetbyul pouted and sent him a glare before going to the dressing room. “This better be good.” She muttered.

 

Your birthday comes only once a year
How could I forget?”

 

For four years, N’d missed her birthday, Christmas, Lunar New Year, Chuseok (Thanksgiving Day) and other festival that were supposed to spend with the family members. Now that it was official, he was eager to spend them with her every year.

“We’re here, Saetbyul-a.” He unfastened his seatbelt and turned towards the front passenger’s seat to find her head pressing against the shoulder of the seat. She fell asleep apparently after a day of makeover that she loathed.

N smiled softly then reached out to adjust her bangs gently. She looked angelic with her eyes closed and her lips pursed slightly upwards. He leaned forward to caress her cheek and planted a kiss on her lips. Thank you so much, thank you for my love, for being born today, for coming to me. He whispered.

Saetbyul fluttered opened her eyes and found herself looking into N’s bemused face. “My kiss works!” N beamed, pinching her cheeks softly.

She blinked several times and looked around her. They arrived at a Korean BBQ restaurant. She then shifted her gaze on herself and saw the dress she was wearing, still confused.

“Milady.” N opened the door and leaned forward to unfasten her seatbelt which had Saetbyul blushing.

 

“The only thing I can do is
To love you even more”

 

“Saengilchukhahamnida~” They were greeted with a birthday song and the maknae line happily threw confetti in the air as they entered the restaurant.

It took Saetbyul a minute to grasp the situation until she finally let loose and clapped along as they sang.

“~saranghaneun hyungsunim, saengilchukhahamnida~” her cheeks turned flare red at the word hyungsunim and she jabbed N in the stomach with her elbow.

Now blow out the candles, hyungsunim.” said Hyuk.

Saetbyul stunned before blowing the candles. “Hyungsunim?” she asked.

“Hyung told us to call you that.” Hongbin blamed with his infamous smile that appeared like a smirk.

Saetbyul sent a dagger’s glare towards N and the latter felt betrayed, waving his hands by his face, desperately wanting to clear his name. “I did not.” and he straightened, “but why? shihleo? (You don’t like it?)”

“Since when I said I’ll marry you?” She harrumphed.

“Then who you’re gonna marry if it isn’t hyung?” Ken pried.

“Leo!” She beamed and scooted over to Leo who was sitting quietly at the side, locking her arm into his. Surprisingly, Leo played along and patted her head.

“Yah, you two! What do you think you’re doing?” He seethed with tone of jealousy. The boys laughed and teased at their hyung’s reaction.

 

“It still feels like a dream
An angel is looking at me and smiling”

 

The VIXX members and Saetbyul made conversation among themselves with Leo as usual grilling the meat. They had fun chatting, talking behind N’s back, feeding each other. N was unfazed. He couldn’t be grateful enough to have Saetbyul alive and sitting in front of his eyes.

 

 

I’m sorry I couldn’t express my heart for all this time. I guess I was too shy to say I love you. Will you open your eyes?” He sang his heart out, sincere and genuine with his feelings, willing for her to wake up.I'll never change, I promise you. Now, I'll never let you go girl.

Her eyes slowly opened, glistened with tears. “Oppa, saranghae.”

 

...THE END...