Always Forever

Does She Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the past two weeks since the art show, I threw myself into my work. Occasionally I got a text from Kai checking in on me to which I promptly ignored. I wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to do about the current situation but all I knew was I needed space. All I could think of was how the once confident Jiyeon and the life of the party was no longer the same. Now I was just bitter and angry at myself. I had to become content with the idea of Kai being with other people and that if I wanted our friendship to remain intact I had to bury whatever restless emotions I had towards our relationship at least six feet under.

Part of my thoughts raged over how he could be so calm and collected with Ara in hand the morning after our night together. Although, I have to accept that what happened that night was of my own design and destruction. I stopped him when he made it so clear he wanted me. Which is exactly why I needed to accept her new place in his life.

However, these thoughts couldn’t help but swirl around my head all hours of the day. I had to answer him back.

 

The wind was chilly and small flakes fell from the sky as I exited the art building. TA Byun had spent the past two days helping me look over my projects and held the door open for me as I exited the building.

“Isn’t that your friend?” he whispered to me as I fixed my bag over my shoulder looking up.

There was Kai standing at the bottom of the marble stairs. His hands were tucked securely in his pockets as he stared at me with an uncertain gleam in his eyes.

I look up to TA Byun who stood behind me his arm passing the other side of my face as he held the door open for me.

“If you’ll excuse me,” I spoke gently as I walked away from him.

“I’ll see you on Thursday” he called out to me before retreating back into the building taking a second glance at Kai as he walked away.

I made my way down the stair to Kai who put on a small smile.

“How are you?” his voice broke through the cold air “I figured I’d find you here,”

“You guessed right,” I sighed feeling a bit tense in his presence. The fear of an argument creeping up inside of me.

“Are you ever going to want to talk to me about what happened?” His voice dropped as I met his level “I figured you needed time but I’ll be honest I can’t just sit by and act as if nothing happened,”

“I just needed some space. I felt overwhelmed the day of the art show and my work was not as good as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter