Prologue

Does She Know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There a stood on the beach my heart aching as I stared up at the stars. The words I’ve been swallowing back for so long are now leaving bruises on my heart and there was nothing I could do to stop them from sinking in deeper. I exhaled watching my breath turn into steam as it hit the frozen winter air. Everything felt as if it were slipping through my fingers.

“Jiyeon,” his voice called out to me like the push and pull of the waves.

I sighed as I turned to face the godlike boy before me. His sun kissed skin glowing amidst the falling snow.

“Kai,” I called out to him in surprise as he walked towards me.

“Why did you leave without saying anything?” his husky voice warmed my heart as he pulled me into his warm arms “I was worried,”

“I wanted to watch the sun rise without the extra noise,” I replied pressing my face onto his chest.

If only this could last forever.

“Next time tell me before you leave,” he whispered as he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

Oh, how I wanted to tell him I loved him.

“Let’s go back to the house,” he chuckled as he pulled away from me.

I instantly felt cold. I just wanted it to be him and I.

“Okay,” I smiled timidly as he took my hand in his leading me back to the house.

It was my 21st birthday and everyone was celebrating. Confetti scattered the floors and empty champagne and beer bottles littered any flat surface. The music was blaring as everyone danced and had a good time.

“Hey, let’s head to the beach and watch the sunrise!” Kai yelled to our group of friends our hands still intertwined.

They began stumbling over one another as they all headed to the beach. I watched as all my friends had the times of their life gathering their coats and running to the beach, basking in their youth. I looked up to Kai who had a finger pressed to his plump lips as he pulled me upstairs after everyone left.

I smiled to myself as we entered my room where he shut the door behind us.

I undid my coat and scarf draping them over my desk chair before walking towards my bed.

“I wanted to have moment with my birthday girl,” he smiled to himself as we laid down on m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter