Chapter 2

The Girl I Saw At 4:04 pm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara POV

I look around me while panting heavily. There isn't much students around which is a good sign if you'll ask me. I would have the chance to be able to do something I love to do as much as I can. Besides I don't really look presentable right now so having no eyes looking my way judgementally is working in my favor.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Repeat. rEPEAT.

I've been trying to catch my breath for the last 3 minutes but it's hard not to notice the feelings on my chest right now. Coldness and Sadness are slowly drawing swirls on my heart which isn't a surprise especially after what I saw. 

It felt so familiar and foreign at the same time. Familiar because these feelings have become my friends for a very long time before. Foreign because it's been a while since I have let myself feel like this.

But I'm not going to start rekindling my relationship with Coldness and Sadness...

"Not now, Dara..not now" I tell myself. This isn't exactly the right time, let alone the right place for me to be like this.

I inhale deeply and exhale slowly while walking towards the entrance of the Journalism Department building.

 

As I reach the halls, I take note that there are only about 10 students flocking the tired floors of the hall. When I reached my designated classroom, I peek through the windows to see how many students are inside.

"One, two, three, four,..." I think there's about 8 people in the room. 

I let my mind wander while walking down the hall. I then turn left when I reached the end of the hall and started walking towards the washroom for girls aka the comfort room.

I figured I should at least make myself look decent on the first day of class because really...I look like I've been running all my life, literally. My T-shirt is basically becoming second skin now and I feel so icky. I would never run like that again...EVER.

"Never say never ahahahahaha" I heard a voice at the back of my mind. 

"Ugh shut up, self." 

I wouldn't have ran if it weren't for what happened, anyway...

 

I open the door to the washroom and thankfully, no one's around. I went inside one of the cubicles and started pulling my extra shirt from my backpack. Thank God I was able to bring one. I was able to change into the clean black shirt in 1 minute. Isn't that fast or what? 

I went outside of the cubicle and fixed my hair a bit in front of the mirror before going out.

While I was walking down the hall towards my classroom, I can feel someone's eyes on me. So, I look back to see if there really is someone but I saw no one. 

"Can this day get any weirder?" I silently mumbled to myself.

When I entered the classroom, I stood beside the door and started mentally counting the number of students inside the room. 10 students plus me so a total of 11...

The other people inside the room don't seem to mind whatever the hell I'm doing since no one even looked up when I entered the room.

Remember what I told you about having the chance to do something I've always wanted to do? Guess what? That was picking my seat. 

Being early on the first day of class let me do just that. Now I can see numerous of available seats for me to choose from unlike when you're late, you would be left with whatever seat is not taken yet which is a nightmare for me.

I saw that the seat I've always wanted was empty. It was the seat at the back of the classroom on the far right near the windows. I started striding towards the seat before anyone else inside the room just suddenly have a change of heart regarding his/her seat and deemed my seat as a qualified replacement.

I sit down as quietly as I can on the seat. The reason why I really like this seat is because being on this seat would let me do the three things that I love doing quite easily. Dwelling in silence. Uninterrupted wandering of the mind. And staying low key on the social ladder of the university. 

 


After a couple of minutes, students started pouring down from the halls inside the classroom.

* so raise your glass if you are wrong
 in all the right ways, all my underdogs
we will never be, never be...* 

Pink's voice entered my ears and I know exactly why.

I pulled my phone from the inside of the front pocket of my backpack. The glowing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter