An unsettled Gryffindor and an idiot Slytherin

The early bird gets the Golden Snitch

An unsettled Gryffindor and an idiot Slytherin

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On a normal day, Junmyeon would have gone to the Prefect’s meeting grumbling all the way there, wondering in what insane state of mind had he been when he had asked to become a Prefect in the first place. The meetings didn’t really serve any purpose, it was just a place for all those other posh students who thought that Prefects were the next generation of Ministers of Magic to complain about anything silly.

This time, however, things were kind of different.

Not only because there were surprisingly actual important things to discuss, seeing all the strange and inexplicable things that were happening, but because Junmyeon was happy. Merlin, he was beyond happy: walking down the hallway, hand in hand with him, was Yixing.

After what he felt like a dream on Christmas Day, they had decided to take things slowly. They had known each other for years, there was no rush.

As he gently squeezed his boyfriend’s (God, saying that word still made him melt) hand, he turned his head and drank the view of Yixing half-asleep face. He was practically walking with his eyes closed, hair all curled up in a nest were T-Rex was napping like always. They had spent the night talking, like many others since they had gotten together; idle talk, about nothing in particular and sometimes breaking up sentences with a yawn or a sneeze. It was relaxing, almost peaceful, and everything Junmyeon had ever wanted.

“Really Xing, there was no need to come with me. You could have stayed and slept another hour” he said, nudging him with his elbow.

“Mwanted to come ‘th you” Yixing replied, his mouth still kneaded with sleep.

Junmyeon felt himself blushing to the tip of his ears and said nothing. Time with Yixing flied so fast and he was always wanting more, but their sleeping habits were becoming quite deranged, even for him. The Hufflepuff had developed this power on him where when they together he could only hear the sound of his voice and his voice alone. If he hadn’t known it didn’t exist, Junmyeon would have sworn Yixing had put a spell on him (Ha! Another great cheesy line crafted by the one and only Kim Junmyeon).

That was the reason they were lazily walking through a hallway full of students talking about them and he couldn’t even hear them. Everybody and their mother had known about his crush, and now that he had finally confessed his feelings, people were gossiping nonstop.

A Ravenclaw girl even came up to them and congratulated him, to which Junmyeon had replied with a happy “Thank you” and a thirty-two toothy grin.

Finally, they made their way to the Prefect’s Room where Kris was waiting for them. He was leaning against the wall, hair styled up and a perfectly composed expression on his face, but Junmyeon knew him too well not to see the calculating twinkle in his eyes.

“Hey there” he greeted him, followed by Yixing’s “Heyo”

“Hi” Kris said, a weak smile on his lips.

Junmyeon shot him a perplexed look, because there was clearly something wrong in Kris’ reaction, but the Gryffindor said nothing. He shook his head and returned to lean against the wall, sighing.

Yixing saw his queue and patted Junmyeon’s shoulder.

“I think I’ll go nap for a while. Wake me up when you finish”

The Ravenclaw began nodding when Yixing leaned in and kissed him on the cheek before waddling back to where he had come from, leaving Junmyeon with his eyes ready to pop out of his skull. Only when he heard Kris’ laugh he finally snapped back.

“Seems like someone still doesn’t believe he landed himself a boyfriend”

The Ravenclaw hid his embarrassed look behind a cough, but still, it was true: he really couldn’t believe it. He had been chasing the idea of a one-sided love for so many years that now that it was not true anymore he didn’t know how to react (except for melting down into a puddle on the floor every time Yixing smiled at him, of course).

“Look who is talking. What is it this time, Tao put poison in your drink again?”

“I wish it was that simple…” the Gryffindor paused, as if to find the right words. “I just have no idea what to do. That kid is so frustrating: one day he’s the devious son of a Dementor and another he’s as sweat as honey and I can’t stop thinking about him”

Junmyeon nodded in agreement. From what he had gathered from Kris’ tales, Tao was somehow of an enigma: there was no way of predicting how he would react or behave. He seemed to have taken an interest in the Gryffindor but they didn’t know of which kind and there was no other way of knowing if not asking. And even in that case the reply could come in the form of a laugh or a slap in the face.

“What would you do, if you were me?”

Kris looked like he was one the verge of having a mental breakdown and Junmyeon could relate all too well: with Yixing being as dense as he was it had been the same. He scratched his neck, trying to find the right words.

“I think… people are all too different for there to be a sure method. If not I would have confessed to Xing a long time ago. The only thing you can do is…” he paused for a more dramatic effect “Go for it”

Kris said nothing, clearly unamused.

“I know it doesn’t sound like this great piece of advice, but there is nothing else I can say. That’s what I did, and look where I am now.” A group of other Prefects had gathered around the room’s door so Junmyeon patted Kris’ back and walked inside “Cheer up big guy, your chance will come for sure”

The Gryffindor sighed, following his friend inside the room and muttering under his breath.

“If it doesn’t kill me first”

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We were fearing the action of a remnant of Deatheaters, but our investigation pointed out that there was no trace of the Dark Arts involvement.”

Professor Choi was reading off the Headmaster’s note left for the Prefects, all listening carefully to his words. Hogwarts had faced worse dangers than a couple of minor incidents like that, but in time of peace one always fears the war. If the threat was not going to be revealed, next time there could be a more serious accident.

“Our best hypothesis is that we are dealing with a magical creature infiltrated in the castle. As you all know there are various magical entrances hidden throughout the castle, so we will proceed to close them all, just for the time being.

We will continue with the night patrols, but be aware that there not the possibility to kill anymore. If there is a scared creature causing this ruckus, we have the duty to return it to his original habitat”

Junmyeon heard the room fill with sighs of relief. They were all ready to hear the worst news, that it as the second coming of something ominous, but at the same time it was even more confusing. Magical creatures weren’t supposed to be able to enter the castle if unwanted. Had a student sneaked that something in? and what kind of creature was it? Was it dangerous or not? 

These and more questions were the ones thrown at the professor from the Prefect but of course there were no answers.

Sitting next to him, Kris was thinking the same thing: they had to be on alert and further investigate. There was a thin line that everybody knew could be easily crossed and go from meaningless pranks to a bloodbath.

They had to get to the bottom of that, before something ugly could happen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I was wondering”

Tao turned his head from his plate to his friend, a piece of chicken meat still hanging from his lips. The Great Hall was even noisier than usual with gossips going around like mail owls from table to table. There were conspiracy theories about the strange accidents, but also apparently the two people everybody had betted on had finally gotten together and many students were going around collecting their money. What was so important about that Prefect and the other Hufflepuff Tao didn’t know, but one of them was his favorite Gryffindor’s best friend, so he had listened.

But now more pressing matters were mining his peace and quiet: Luhan.

In those past few days he had become somewhat of a ghost of himself. He refused to talk about what had happened, but he was sure there was Sehun involved. How could he not be? Luhan refused to see it, but Tao had never seen him so worked up about anyone else in his life, and that had to mean something.

“No Lu, you can’t Avadakedavra anyone today. Your mother would kill me if she knew I let you”

Tao watched as Luhan wrinkled his lips in distaste, pushing away his plate of soup.

“I know that , thank you very much. I was wondering if it was better to Obliviate me or him. Or both”

Clearly, what had happened had had a huge impact on Luhan, but Tao was starting to get seriously worried.

“You’re not serious, are you?”

Luhan opened his mouth, then closed it and weakly smiled.

“Of course not.” He replied, his tone suggesting the exact opposite “But what can I do?”

“Well, you could start by telling me what happened. If I don’t know I can’t help you”

“I… He… We…” Tao watched in marvel as Luhan began turning from pink to red to a dangerous purple, before turning his head in the other direction “Never mind. It was nothing important”

“You’re the worst liar” Tao laughed “But think about the positives”

“Oh yeah? What positives are there in me kissing bloody Oh Sehun?” Luhan angrily whispered, then immediately widened his eyes in shock as he realized what he had revealed.

Tao, just as stunned, tried to hold himself together, but after a few seconds of dead silence, he broke into an hysterical laugh. Because out of all the things he had imagined could happen, that was the only one he hadn’t thought about, and of course, knowing Luhan, that was what had occurred.

“Good Lord, Lu! Are you serious?” said the Slytherin, tears running down his face. “Tell me you are, I beg you. This is too funny”

Luhan had possibly gone a shade up to a very hazardous crimson and just nodded, not trusting himself to say a word. Tao could almost feel his embarrassment surrounding him like an aura.

That were the moments when he was glad to be alive to witness Luhan majorly fail at life. Because, let’s be honest, further than that there was just nothing.

“Okay, okay. Stop muttering hexes and I’ll stop laughing”

Luhan meekly hid his wand back in his pocket, an evident pout on his lips. He began telling his friend the story from the beginning, how his potion was supposed to make him avoided by people and instead it had had the opposite effect, even though he was sure he had put all the ingredients listed in the book. An then…

“Lu, you know I love you, but this time it really was your fault.”

“Yeah, thanks. I know this, snothead.” Luhan murmured, slumping on his chair “Do you still think there can be positives now?”

The Slythering scratched his head, feeling cornered.

“I know you don’t want to hear this, but… are you sure there is nothing between you and this guy?” Luhan opened his mouth to interrupt him, but Tao ignored him “I’m not saying this because of the kiss, that wasn’t your fault, but I’ve never seen you so interested in someone like this before. You know… there would be nothing wrong with it if you-“

“Nothing wrong? NOTHING WRONG?!” Luhan suddenly stood up, turning many heads in his direction, but only few were interested. By now all Slytherins were accustomed to Luhan’s temperament.

“I hate Sehun, you understand? Hate, and there is nothing more to it. Do I make myself clear or do I have to draw you a diagram? Me and him could never…”

But Tao had stopped listening. Both because he too was growing used to Luhan’s wild mood swings, both because he had seen who had just entered the Great Hall and was now standing behind his friend with a perplexed look on his face. And apparently he was not the only one who had noticed, because his House had gone silent.

“Lu”

“No Tao, I’m not finished. That son of a troll…”

“Lu, turn around”

With his ears still fuming in rage, the Slytherin did as he was told and immediately blanched. Because of course his of bad luck would follow him even that day.

“How long have you been there?” he asked with a faint voice, feeling one step away from fainting.

“Enough to know that maybe we should talk.”

Tao could see Luhan beginning to panic, his hand trying to grasp something to hold, but, as the good son of his mother, he regained his composure in barely a second, feigning ignorance.

“I don’t think there’s anything to talk about. You know better than me that it was just the potion’s fault. I would never do such a disgusting thing”

He knew that, even if they had gone back to their lunch, the other Slytherins were listening, so he hushed his voice and sat back down to his seat, but in his heart he was still panicking. Tao tried to shoot him a reassuring gaze, but Luhan’s attention was all on the Oh’s heir in front of him.

“I hadn’t thought otherwise, Lu” Sehun replied with a mocking expression, but something felt off.

Somehow, Tao thought, the look in his eyes was insincere and Luhan’s was just as bad. He weighted his head on the palm of his hand, hiding a smile: those two weren’t being honest with each other, and knowing his friend, the truth would come out sooner than later.

“You know” Sehun continued, raising an eyebrow in a sarcastic mock “If you had wanted to go on a date you should have just asked”

Luhan felt himself about to catch on fire. How dare he? He was the heir of a family of respectable origins, who did he think he was, that son of a demon father and even more malevolent grandfather? He if he thought two couldn’t play the same game, he was wrong.

“Oh yeah?” he replied, mimicking the other’s conceited expression “Then let’s go on a date, since you want it so much”

“Are you sure? Aren’t you scared you’ll end up embarrassing yourself again little Slytherin?”

“If there’s one who’s going to embarrass himself it won’t be me, trust me.” And I’m not little, you , “Hogsmeade?”

“Hogsmeade”

“Deal”

“Good”

“Good”

“Okay”

“Con you go now?”

“No, you go”

And so both stormed away, leaving Tao to practically choke on his own laughter. When he finished Lunch he went back to their room, finding Luhan huddled inside his covers with a blank expression on his face.

“Well mate” Tao said, plopping on the bed next to him “Seems like you got yourself a date”

He hadn’t even finished the sentence that a soft “Incendio” resonated in the room and the edge of his robe caught fire.

That was going to be a fun date, indeed.

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi folks! Me alive! 

Just let me say, HAPPY 6 YEAR ANNIVERSARY to Exo. You wouldn't even believe how proud of them I am and how much they bring a smile on my face. They deserve the world. <333333

So, this was supposed to be the second half of the past chapter but it felt to long to post all together (especially after the Valentines one was so long) so here it is. A lot of people were telling me that you were waiting gor Luhan and Sehun after what had happened, so here you are. Of course Luhan would do something impulsive and stupid and Sehun would go along, what did you expect XD. And don't worry, I've something planned for Kris too (actually, I've something planned for everybody *evil laugh*) so stay tuned for that.

Also, my computer was dying so I didn't get to reply to the last chapter's comment, but I wanted to say thank you lovely people who continue to read my story, Love you lots <3

As always, let me know what you think in the comments, I love reading those. Bye ^__^