Chapter 5

Make A Believer Out Of Me

     After Seulgi had walker her home, she immediately crashed into her bed. The house was quiet but it rarely had ever been lively. Her parents had worked hard to provide a comforatble life for their two kids, which she greatly appreciated. Those small moments when they could all be together felt like they were always making up for lost time, but that was okay too. Her older sister had moved out a few years ago, always being sure to call, but only coming home for the holidays. Awasof that was fine, everyone had their own lives to live, she was okay. Honestly, most of the time she had barely noticed, she knew how to keep herself busy by now.

     Twelve hours later she had woken up, bleary eyed and refreshed, entirely too early. She had made quick work of her morning routine hours before school would begin. Her phone had a few notifications but one caught her eye. Her smile formed on its own.

The bear (1) [8:46 pm]

     She tapped on the icon. Her favorite art friend had sent her a picture of herself sleeping face down on the desk from yesterday and a picture of a sleepy hamster. The caption read, "these spot the difference games are getting out of hand." Wow, was there ever a person so amazing and funny? Apperently there was. The text below it said, "hey Wan, I know you were tired today, but I hope you get some rest. If you need, we can get coffee tomorrow too! My treat. Anyway, goodnight."

     She typed her response quickly, hitting send as she entered the kitchen. Cupcakes were a good way to thank someone, right? She rolled up her sleeves and got to work.

     Seulgi was laughing with one of her dance pals, Irene, when she heard her name. Wendy seemed a little out of breath when she huffed out, "Seulgi, I've been looking all over for you. I wanted. Thank you for yesterday," a light blue box was offered, "you know for the coffee and for walking me home. Anyway I have to go to class see you later!"

     Irene and Seulgi watched the younger go. "Wow she has a nice , she looks a little different than your usual admirers."

     The taller girl groaned, "she's not some admirer, she's Wendy. And hey don't talk about her !"

 "Oh someone's a little defensive," Irene was clearly teasing, "I guess that is all yours."

     Seulgi sent an incredulous look, "are butts all you think about?" 

"Quite frankly, yes."

     The bear rolled her eyes, the older girl was so weird. She choose not to comment, instead inspecting the box. Neatly frosted, yellow cupcakes each had a letter on the top that spelled out "Seul bear." Warmth filled her chest, she loved them.

"Holy crap those look delicious! Can I have one?"

     Irene's voice had broken Seulgi's concentration. "What? No you can't have any. These are all for me." A small part of her refused to share Wendy. What? Okay so she was in a little too deep. So what if this was going to kill her diet, who was she to deny Wendy?

     By the time sixth period had rolled around, there were only three cupcakes left and Seulgi was on a sugar high fit for a five year old. She was so hyper that her usual greeting to Wendy had come with a hug and a near incoherent string of syllables. Wendy didn't seem to mind, especially after being convinced to eat one or two of the frosted treats. The duo managed to get work done too. Wendy now had a firm start on her own project and Seulgi had filled more pages of her sketch book with a certain girl. 

     They walked together down the sidewalk, making jokes about some of the less than likable teachers in the school. Gradually, they grew closer and closer to eachother, to the point that the back of their hands would touch. There was a crowd at the stop light. Uptight business employees and rowdy adolescents, all stopped together in a blurred mass of conversation and color.

Seulgi and Wendy squeezed their way through to the middle of it all. The light changed and Wendy built up her courage to grab Seulgi's hand, intertwining their fingers. The butterflies were getting harder and harder to control. She was too embarrassed. She could feel Seulgi's stare on her head. It felt like she needed an excuse, so she turned her head only to find that they were almost nose to nose. "I didn't want you to get lost."

     Friends stared into eachother's eyes for long, electrifying, periods of time right? Oh god, no they don't. Were Seulgi's eyes always so alluring? She wasn't attracted to Seulgi. No, she was just observing. This was all totally platonic. Yes, very platonic. Wanting to lean in was also platonic. She might have actually done so too, if no for a rude pedestrian shoulder checking her into Seulgi's chest.

     Seulgi wrapped her arms around the shorter girl, not forgetting to send a glare to that assailant. "Hm some people just have no manners. Are you ok Wendy?" She felt a nod. "Well okay, we do have to cross now, though. But I've got you." Seulgi kept an arm around her and Wendy leaned her head on a slim shoulder.

"Thanks Seul."

     The bench they had picked was perfect, it was shaded by one of the park trees. The soft, green grass was neatly trimmed and the smell of it filled the air. Wendy sighed contentedly. "You know I can't draw if you're leaning against me, right?" Seulgi wasn't complaining really.

     Wendy purposely leaned in more. "So what you already have the assignments done. Besides, I'm comfy."

"Now all I'm good for is being a pillow? Wendy, that cuts deep."

"If you were a pillow, you'd be my favorite."

     Seulgi sighed dramatically, "well as long as I'm your favorite." Her arm tightend, bringing the sorter girl in closer. "If I can't get anywork done then I might as well help you, huh?"

     Wendy laughed, "I guess you should."

---------

     Dudes, I am so sorry that I haven't updated in like five years! Writer's block and life have just gotten me, but it's chill. Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for being so supportive and patient! Btw there has been an increase in seuldy fics and they are lit, Just go along with it (please) is one of my favorites rn and the author actually updates. Low key don't know the author but 10/10