Chapter 2

Make A Believer Out Of Me

     Seulgi had always been a 'go with the flow' type of person. She figured that things would come and go as they may. Plans had never been her strong suit; the best things in life came as surprises. Sure, she had a rough idea of what she was going to do in life, but she would be fine if things deviated. She was happy and prepared for anything that life would throw at her.

     The bear had a feeling that she'd fall for someone. She was a little surprised that it happened so soon, and maybe more surprised that it was a girl. Not that she had a problem with it, she never really looked at guys, so she guessed that she had never been into guys.

     There was just something about that girl, Wendy, that had her completely enthralled. The girl was just so captivating. Seulgi felt something towards the other girl, she didn't know what would come of this, but the only sure thing about this was that Seulgi felt a burning desire to capture the beauty in all mediums. 

     Seulgi looked forward to her daily art class more than she ever had in all of her years. All assumptions aside, Seulgi wasn't stupid, sometimes she just wasn't able to read other people. Her academics were fine, however. She wasn't taking too many college level classes, but she was doing quite well for herself.

     Seulgi had been told off a few times during her other classes today, but she couldn't get the short brunette out of her head. Eyes had wandered off more times than she could count, tracing smooth contours, mentally mapping out highlights and shadows. All of lunch was spent trying to immortalize the image she had in her mind's eye.

     The bell rung for fifth period. A torrent of students rushed to their next class. For her, fifth period was English class, one of her worst subjects. Seulgi groaned internally, this class was so incredibly boring. She couldn't wait to leave for her final class, due in part to the subject of her infatuation. The teacher droned on and on, conjugates had never failed to make her drift in and out of sleep. A paper had been passed back out, the red ink staining the paper. An angry eighty-two glared back at her, not bad but not too great either. At least she was passing. 

     When the bell rung Seulgi was one of the first to get up. She needed to get to her oasis in the tedious life she lived. Art relaxed her, it was as if something overcame her whilst creating. A calm would settle over her and any stress would evaporate. The moments she put pen to paper were the moments she felt the happiest. Art could be stressful too, but she would look back and only remember the positives of the piece.

     In stead of going to her normal seat, she walked over to the spot she had occupied yesterday. Getting out her materials, she waited. Everytime the door opened, her head would pop up, searching. There! Her muse had entered. The pencil scratched at the empty page before her, hand recreating the breathtaking girl who cluelessly walked towards her. When Wendy grew closer, Seulgi looked down focusing intently at the rough sketch, refining.

     Wendy sat down, yet no conversation passed between them. Seulgi was so focused on her sketch that she didn't speak, only sending a smile to her seatmate. Wendy exchanged one in kind, much too tired from the day to engage in small talk. Though quiet, the space between them wasn't uncomfortable.

     Today, Heechul began to speak about their semester project. It was to be a series of pieces, in whatever media they chose, that would revolve around a central idea. Before meeting the girl besides her, Seulgi would have fretted over her subject, but now she knew. On the other hand, Wendy felt nervousness settle in her gut, what in the world was she going to do?

     Seulgi could see how unsettled the other was. "You okay?"

     Wendy turned, face draining, "yeah, I just don't know what I'm going to do. I mean, I can barley draw a circle. What am I supposed to do?"

     Seulgi tried to console the poor girl, "you could always draw a person, a boyfriend maybe?" Seulgi didn't have to mention a boyfriend, but she wanted to gather some information. There wasn't really a point to liking someone who was already taken.

     Wendy pulled a face, "god no, I don't have the time for a significant other. Maybe I should draw my textbooks." Her statement was finished off with a self depreciating chuckle.

     So she was single! Seulgi's smile stretched further, forcing her eyes to become sharp crescents. She might have also paid more attention to the other girl saying 'significant other' instead of 'boyfriend.' A rather feminine giggle escaped her and she wondered where that had come from. "You could always draw books then."

     Wendy laughed, "you're not helping." She shifted in her seat, "what are you going to base your project on?"

     Seulgi almost said 'you' until she realized that it would probably be creepy coming from someone the girl had just met. "Not sure. Maybe I'll just paint what inspires me and make up some crazy way on how they're all related." That garnered another captivating laugh from the shorter girl. The bear swore that she would do whatever it took to hear that from the shorter girl as often as possible. "In fact, would you mind if I painted you?" Smooth, Kang, smooth. She could feel the warthm spread over her cheeks, combined with the warmth in her chest, and butterflies in her stomach, made nervous sweat a real concern. She wished that she could tell her body stop, now was not the time to be all awkward and sweaty.

     Wendy's expression quickly morphed into one of confusion, "you want to paint me?"

"Yes? I mean if you don't mind!" Seulgi's brain was working hard to produce a reasonable reason.

"I'm okay with that, but I'd probably pick a different model."

    Seulgi frowned, what was this girl talking about? "I'll stick with you."

     Wendy bashfully looked down, "oh, okay." She wasn't really used to people being so straight forward with her. It was kind of flattering. "Do I have to pose or anything?"

"Not if you don't want to. You can just continue your work."

     Wendy couldn't see how that would make for a good painting but she didn't know much about art either. Seulgi was excited, she had permission from her muse now and she was not going to let this opportunity go to waste. She started to capture the beauty in front of her. For now it would be just black and white on paper, but later she would go back and bring it to life with color on a canvas.

 

-----------------

I really don't know where I'm gonna take this, but that's life right? I want to release chapters on a schedual, it's just that school is starting for me in a few days and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to write. Positive responses do help.