Chapter 4

Make A Believer Out Of Me

     Wendy had forgotten to ask Seulgi what time they would go to the park on Friday. She found herself in front of the dance studio, the deep bass thrumming through the thick wooden door. Muffled hip hop filled the empty hall. She peeked in through the window, catching sight of the group of girls currently performing. Wendy stared in wonder for a moment, before finally opening the door. The group had walked over to the side of the room while the next song was being prepared.

     Wendy looked around for Seulgi, it took a bit because there were too many tall people wandering about. Her target sighted, she prepared to walk over but the instucter called out Seulgi's name. The bear threw an apologetic glance at the shorter girl, walking out to the center of the room, alone. The song started, Seulgi tapped her foot in rhythm. All traces of the goofy grin vanished, replaced by a charismatic smolder. When performing it seemed like Seulgi was a completely different person. She was no longer the cute, care free, bear. The dancer had become a fierce seductress, exuding grace and poise.

     She was in her element. The music flowed through her. Executing the moves had left her mind, she just felt the movement. She let the music control her. The song was coming to it's and Seulgi could feel her adrenaline rushing. She wouldn't trade the feeling for the world. This is what she wanted.

     Wendy's eyes were fixated on the dancer. Who knew that the goofy senior could do something like this? The performance was breathtaking. She felt slightly disappointed when the song ended. The beaming smile aimed at her managed to lift her spirits however. Thundering applause was drowned out my the loud hammering of her heart, she hadn't even moved and yet she felt as though she had just ran a mile. Seulgi walked up, water bottle in hand. "Hey Wendy! I didn't know you'd stop by. Sorry for the wait. Is there something you need?"

"Oh? Um, yes. I just wanted to ask if we were leaving together after school or meeting at the park?" Wendy's treacherous mind kept repeating the word together.

     Seulgi had taken a sip before answering, "I was hoping we could walk there after school ended. If that's ok with you, I mean." Had Wendy not wanted to walk with her? She made sure to grin, sharp eyes forcing into dark crescents. 

"That sounds great! I'll see you tomorrow then. I should probably get going, lots of home work to do and such." Short legs crossed the room surprisingly fast. She left with a quick "bye."

     Seulgi was baffled at the hasty exit. Wendy seemed almost as nervous as the day she met her at the art door. And was she babbling? How odd. She mumbled, "okay see you later then," under her breath.

     Wendy clicked her seatbelt into place, internally berating herself for being so nervous around Seulgi. Why was she so nervous with a friend? She intended to go home and maybe erase the embarrassing memory with some studying.

     When Wendy walked into art class the following day, she was practically dead on her feet. She had spent a large portion of her day buried nose deep in text books. Yellow highlighter ink had stained her hands even when she managed to wash it all off. That wasn't all, she had been rudely awoken at dawn by the smell of poop. Her dog, affectionately named after her evil cousin Yeri, had decided that her room was the perfect place to do its duties. Consequently, she had to be the one to scrub and disinfect her carpet at five in the morning.

     It had taken Seulgi only a few seconds to realize how tired the other was. Wendy wasn't usually disheveled and her books had never appeared to be shoved into her bag. The shorter girl was very tidy at all times. So maybe she paid a little too much attention to her muse, sue her. "Wen, are you alright?" The younger girl let out an unintelligible grunt. "Okay that did not answer my question."

"Tired. So tired."

     Seulgi patted Wendy's head, "it's ok. Do you want to get coffee with me before we go to the park?" The girl in question nodded, lowering her head to the table laying face down on a page heavily marked with charcoal. Seulgi winced.

     Wendy accepted the damp napkin from the other girl. She had slept through the entire class and ended up looking like she had lived in a chimney. Thankfully, Seulgi had covered for her. "Did I get it all off of my face?"

"No you have some right here." Wendy scrubbed at the indicated spot. She paused throwing a questioning look at Seulgi. "No you missed it. Here, just let me." Slim fingers plucked the napkin out of Wendy's hand. She gently wiped at the charcoal with a look of concentration. The look that made Wendy feel something, what it was she had yet to find out. Seulgi retracted her hand, "there all done." She locked eyes with Wendy's. She could feel her cheeks heating up. On the other hand, Wendy was too sleepy to even notice the proximity. The shorter girl walked back to her bag gathering her stuff while Seulgi stared off in her direction.

     The duo lazily strolled to the café. The door rang as they entered. Seulgi took Wendy's order and ushered her to a seat before heading off to the barista. The bear returned with two very sugary and very cafinated drinks in hand. Wendy greatfully took her drink, thanking Seulgi profusely. 

     The two girls were in no rush to finish their coffee, they were both enjoying the conversation the flowed between them. The paper cups had long since been empty. Seulgi nodded to the window, "looks like we lost track of time." 

     Wendy in turn faced the glass, the street lamps were on, casting a yellowish hue onto the city streets. The sun had probably set some time ago. "Yeah I guess we did, but we didn't get any work done." Seulgi had to hold back a squeal at the younger's pout.

"It's okay. We can meet up again... I mean if that's cool with you."

     Wendy's smile could blind her and she would be happy with that being the last thing she ever saw. Was that too sappy? Probably. She watched as her companion's lips shaped around the words, "I would love to, how does tomorrow afternoon sound?"

"It's a date."

 

----------------------------

Wow, sorry for never updating consistantly! School has been pretty busy and I had kind of ran out of inspiration. This story was somewhat meant to follow how my school year was going to go, at least in terms of meeting girls and such. But I forgot that I am totally hopeless in that department so now I'm just winging it. By it I mean both my life and this story. Hope that's cool with you readers.