Ch.9

A Path With No Destination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Doyeon’s POV

 

I sat at a table for two holding back the tears when suddenly an old lady, who I assumed owned the establishment, approached me. She placed a warm drink in front of me and sat down “Did u have a fight with a lover?” I shook my head slightly “it’s a little more complicated than that.” She nodded with understanding “Well business is a little slow right now so go ahead and tell me why it’s so complicated.” I thoroughly explained Yoojung and I’s past and all the events that had led up to this exact moment. She grabbed my hand gently and said “You should chase this girl with all you might. It’s not easy to come across a person whom you’re ready to give up your whole life for.” I looked down “But she may have someone else in her heart already.” “Well you’ll never know unless you try and if you don’t take a chance now you may regret it for the rest of your life.” She replied. Right in that moment I realized that she was right and that I needed to go see Yoojung right now. I thanked the elderly lady for all her help and made my way to the door almost running when I bumped into someone and stumbled to the ground. I quickly stood up, dusted myself off, and apologized. “I’m so-“ Halfway through my sentence I paused and finally realized who I had ran into. “Oh hi Doyeon.” Elly greeted me with someone behind her. “Oh what are you doing here?” I asked. She brought forward the person behind her and said “Actually Yoojung called me here.” I stood there paralyzed as my past conviction which I had just built up started to fade. “Well you two enjoy your meal then I said as I walked past them.” I could feel Yoojung’s eyes staring at my back, but I didn’t dare to turn around. 

 

Yoojung’s POV

 

I sat down at the table with Elly without exchanging any words. She also had an awkward smile on her face while I had an unreadable expression. Finally she broke the silence and asked me “So what was it that you wanted to talk about?” I shook my thoughts away and tried to recall what it was that I wanted to say. I began nervously tapping the table “Elly I have a confession to make actually.” She nodded her head which signaled me to continue “I think I still love Do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter