『3』

Off Screen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jordan is gender-neutral, but uses he/him pronoun 'n stuff (I don't even know his - I never think about it when I create characters).

And Jin is actually legit genderfluid - I just forgot to mention it before, whoops.

Hobi ran his hand through his slightly greasy, colorful hair, eyes never leaving the huge screens. The blinds in his room were all the way down, not letting any sunlight from the outside peek inside. His seemingly tired face was lit by the blue light from the two rectangular monitors, eyes wide and dry with dark circles underneath them. The warmth from the computer easily heating the whole bedroom making it even harder to breathe. His dark brown orbs watering just slightly because of the intense aroma that hung around - a mix of deodorant, different food and drink mixing all together, no fresh air inside for five days straight. He sleepily rubbed his eyes with a closed fist to get rid of the blur created by the tears in his eyes. Just few more hours, he thought to himself and continued to ghost his hands above the keyboard, typing in different codes and commands into the program. It's been two weeks since he actually touched his bed or even dozed off for at least ten minutes - his insomnia never kept him up for so long. He wasn't really feeling bad - well, not worse than normally - but he definitely wanted to just drown into the warm and soft cushions of his lovely mattress, bury his head into the still cold pillow and just close his eyes, not moving for hours.

As he looked at the clock in the corner of his screen, he smirked to himself and thought proudly, Russian Sleep Experiment? Full of bullcrappery - I'm up for so long and I don't recall running around, screaming or eating myself. He then tilted his head back and rubbed his neck, arching his back in the process and making some of the bones pop. His whole body was against him and he can't complain - he's been in this chair just typing in the same position for the majority of the time during these two sleepless weeks, going only for a five minute break to kitchen for some food or to the bathroom to at least take a little care of himself. He kicked his legs out and rolled his shoulders back, a whine escaping his lips. Shaking a little his sore wrists he came back to typing, furiously tapping on the keyboard and gluing his eyes to the screen. As he was in the middle of writing a code for the sequence in game he heard his door being not-so-gently opened - he didn't had to turn around to know who it was, as there's only one other person in this house.

"Jordan, I'm coding right now, whatever it is - it can wait few more minu-" His raspy and tired voice beamed louder than he planned to.

"No" A much younger and softer voice cut in before Hobi could finish his sentence "Your coding can wait to be finished after this oh-so-unimportant thing" The person mocked his tone and stepped closer to the boy sitting at his desk. 'Jordan' knocked off Hobi's headphones, quickly saved the progress he made and unplugged the computer. The colorful-haired boy groaned and turned to the side with his brows furrowed.

"What is it?" He asked with annoyed tone, hoping that it's important enough to make him stop his work. Right beside him was standing a teenager - 13 years old with his arms crossed. His right side of the head was shaved short, but seemingly already overgrown as the light orange roots were even visible on the other side where his lilac, wavy hair reached his shoulder. Skin tanned and slightly bruised from the quick and careless movements, covered in band-aids and even wrapped with bandages around his skinny forearm and just under his left knee. A white and slightly dirty and oversized t-shirt was draped on his small and futile form, a pair of light blue shorts peeking underneath. He wasn't wearing any socks nor slippers which made the countless bruises visible, toes red with skin ripped off in few places. His arms were crossed over his chest and his sky blue eyes burning holes in Hobi's head. It's clear Jordan hasn't slept very well either as purple eye bags accompanied his face and his eyelids were droopy. He was already wearing his piercing - two gold earrings in his right lobule and a simple industrial shining in the dim light that crept form behind the blinds - it meant they were going somewhere outside.

"Move your so you'll know what's up" With these words the young boy left the room and Hoseok's eyes trailed after him.

Jordan has been living with Hobi ever since he was nine because of some family issues and you could tell that the young game developer wasn't the best parental figure - letting his little 'cousin' pierce his ears however he wanted, dye his hair in unnatural colors, shave them as he wants and swear his soul out. The only thing he tried is teaching the boy Korean and the cultural differences between his birthplace - America - and his current home, so he knows what to do and what not. Still - Jordan never used honorifics or proper language when talking to Hobi or Namjoon as 'It just kills the feeling of closeness', but always knew when to drop his attitude and behave.

Hoseok stood up nonetheless an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter