『2』

Off Screen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The little bunny is having a panic attack and the flower boy is close to having one too. Pretty neat.

 

 

A young boy was crouching and watering some of the flowers inside the greenhouse behind the shop. He moved forward towards lilac flowers with purple tint and softly brushed their petals. He always takes the most care about them, not only because they are his favourite flowers, but also because he wishes that the happiness that they promise to him will visit him someday. Just as he was going to do his usual route of nursing the plants he heard his name being called by his co-worker inside the building. He quickly buttoned up his jacket, successfully hiding half of his face in it and grew some flowers inside the space left between the material and his skin. He took a shaky breath and hurriedly jogged to the shop, peeking inside to see a mint haired man in front of the counter looking curiously around the place. As his friend saw him, he motioned to him to come closer.

"Jimin-ah, come here, come here. We need some help" He said and moved his eyes towards the customer. Jimin just nodded and flattened his bangs on his forehead, making sure it makes his eyes unnoticeable for the others. He shyly toddled closer and looked at the man in front of him for a spare second, immediately avoiding his gaze. He cleared his throat and tried to speak loud and clearly.

"How can I help you?" He asked and started fiddling with the hem of his sweater's sleeve that was slightly poking out of the jacket, a bunch of flowers also covering majority of his hands. He felt the man's intense gaze and started biting at his lower lip, waiting for the uncomfortable silence to end and quickly serve the customer whatever he wanted. Few more seconds later the latter finally spoke up.

"I'm searching for some flowers with a particular meaning..." He trailed off with an uninterested tone. Seeing as he won't say what he needs, Jimin spoke up again, this time with a slightly shaky voice.

"A-and what is that meaning?" He looked up to see the man staring at him right into his eyes. He jumped a little and directed his gaze to the counter again, feeling even more anxious.

"You know - It'd be nice if you actually looked at me" At that the co-worker nudged Jimin's side with his elbow and the flower boy straightened his posture. He bit even deeper into his lip and looked up at the man, which seemed to smile a little after making the eye contact again.

"I'm sorry for him - he's just really shy" The man sitting on the chair in front of the cash register apologized and stared daggers at the younger.

"It's fine. Anyways, the flowers I look for should mean something like 'strength' and 'not giving up'" He said and scratched at the back of his neck. As soon as Jimin got that information, he started searching through his mental book of all the flowers and their meanings. He had a quiet wide knowledge about flower's symbolism, which gave him this job in the first place.

"I think gladiolus should do the thing. Do you have any preference about the colour?" He said and tried his best to keep his eyes at the man's face, jumping from his jaw shape to his lips and ears.

"I thought that depending on the colour the flowers have different meanings" The customer said and tilted his head a little to the side, showing his confusion.

"Well- Uh- Y-you're not wrong... But... A-actually it doesn't apply to the- the gladiolus" Jimin stuttered and shifted on his legs, already turning his gaze somewhere else, only to look back at the man and again at the floor. The stranger raised his brows and spoke up:

"I see. I'd like some light or faded colors, if that's possible" He shrugged and shoved his hands into his pockets, balancing his weight on his right leg. Jimin nodded and turned towards the back doors. He grabbed the handle and stopped for a moment.

"You- If you want, you can come with me and- and choose whichever you want" The black haired boy offered with shaky voice and waited for an answer. All he heard were soft steps against the tiled floor getting close to him. At that he opened the doors fully and held them, making some space for the customer to come into the greenhouse. As they both were already inside, the slightly taller man looked around the place with slightly wider eyes and opened mouth. He gasped a little 'wow' and looked at Jimin, this time with barely visible but definitely evident smile. The younger boy just nodded and his lips, trying not to accidentally swallow any petals that were covering half of his face. He motioned to the man to come after him and went deeper into the rather large garden. The plants made him feel a little better, making the atmosphere more cosy and welcoming. The happiness in the boy was visible by his walking, becoming lighter with each step he took. The mint haired man kept looking around and taking in the amazing sight of well-groomed plants freely growing with their friends.

It took them few more minutes to get to the big group of multicoloured gladiolus'. Jimin stood by side letting his customer look around and choose his preference. The man took his fingers to his chin and started to look over the flowers, searching for perfect colour or possible mix of few. Seeing how difficult the task appeared to be for him, Jimin decided to stand a little bit closer and cleared his throat.


"If you want, you can get different colours in one bouquet, I can help you with that" He mentally gave himself a high-five for not stuttering this time and looked at the man again. The latter just chuckled and nodded his head.

"I'd be glad if you'd do that. I'm not really good at these things" He said and straightened his posture, still eyeing the flowers. He then turned his face a little towards the younger and gave him a warm, reassuring smile. Jimin felt heat rising up to his face and quickly moved towards the flowers, picking some of them and already creating a bouquet. Some of the light coloured petals fell down and rested on black haired boy's sleeve. Worried about their state, he quickly looked them over searching for any damages done from bugs. Finding none, he started checking their overall health, hoping that he hasn't done anything wrong while taking care of them. He felt a hand on his shoulder and sharply turned to face the mint haired man that was now crouching next to him.

"Is something wrong? Your aura just died a little..." He asked with a slight concern in his voice.

"Oh- A-ah, I just think that-that the flowers may be in a bad state... They're losing some petals... I'm so sorry for that-" the flower boy apologized with shaky voice and before he even was able to continue he was cut off by the customer's low and relaxing voice.

"It's okay. If there are any ones in better state then you can just change them - if not, keep them like this. I actually like the concept of weak, slowly dying yet still beautiful flowers..." The last part was a mumble, but Jimin still caught on the words and raised his brow in confusion. Just then, he realized that the man never told him for what occasion he needed the flowers, but after that sentence the shorter one was pretty sure he's some kind of an artist - photographer, maybe?

They walked a little around, searching for some flowers in better state, but the mint haired man decided that he'd take the first bouquet which was still slowly losing it's petals. They went back inside in silence and the customer immediately went to the cashier, already taking out his credit card. As the payment was being made Jimin stood on the side looking at the dying flowers. 'What is wrong...? I'm pretty sure I did everything properly, so why a lot of them are in such a bad state?' He was really anxious now and could feel his hands shaking, making more petals fall onto his hands and floor. He kept his gaze in one place and felt someone else's warm hands cupping his own. His head snapped up just to see the slightly taller man looking at him with deep concern in his eyes. The younger boy's face went hot and red in no time and before he could even start blabbering random things, the other man spoke.

Hey, Jimin - right?" The raven haired boy couldn't move his eyes away from looking straight into the green orbs in front of him - definitely contacts, but still gorgeous. He nodded and the other man continued talking "You're okay there? If you're worry

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter