Chapter Seven

Champion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was walking to the accounting section, I told my father to bring me the money I was saving.

“Baek jeongyeon” I said to the accountant.

She was checking the screen in front of her while I was counting the money in my hands.

“”It’s proceed”

“Excuse me?” I gasped “Look again miss, there must be something wrong”

“3000$ paid!” she smiled at me humbly, I was confused.

“Take this as a part of your first salary” said jiyang, nayeon’s father as he walked toward me.

“But I didn’t accept your request yesterday”

“My daughter wants you to be her bodyguard, beside… I’ll give you 7500$ as a salary”

I opened my mouth wide and he laughed “It looks like my daughter trusts you and want you to be around her so I will fulfill her wish”

He held the hoodie I was wearing and sighed “First we need to do some makeover to you” he touched my hair and frowned “Follow me”

I compiled, I gasped when I found a silver land rover waiting for us he talked to his driver as he opened the door for him.

“Sit in the passenger seat” the middle-aged driver told me and I sat. It was painful to put the seat belt but I managed to do it.

Our first destination was the hairdresser shop.

“Oh nooo miserable!” the hairdresser showed his unpleased expression while touching my hair.

After few creams and after showering it for more than two times, he finally was cutting it now.

He swept it to the right after he cut it short. Jiyang clapped his hands and told me to follow him back to the car. Our second destination was a suit shop.

He was choosing everything and I was just holding them, the prices were making me almost faint but he is a billionaire after all.

 

It’s been forever since I’ve worn a suit.

I came out of the changing room, I ed the jacket and stared at him “Sir” I grabbed his attention after he was reading through a magazine.

He pursed his lips and stared me from head to toe. The two girls that accompanied us were also gossiping and giggling at me.

He stood up and hit my shoulders “STAND UP STRAIGHT!” he scolded “Your shoulders are always down!” I complied and stood straightly “Welcome baek jeongyeon, you are now officially an employee under my hands”

I yelped and bowed my head, It’s the start of a new life.

 

Chaeyoung’s POV

Hani was with us as I arrived at mina’s house, I opened the door and came in, her father wasn’t there. So it was safe for them to enter. I grabbed the empty suitcases they keep on the closets, mina was packing her brother’s stuff such as outfits, books and the few toys he owns.

She opened the closet and saw her outfit, I think she only has one long pant, the rest are so short shorts or crop tops. She was about to grab them when I held her hand “Don’t” I soft-spoken.

“But these are the only outfits I have”

“I’ll buy you more and better than these”

She smiled at me and nodded, eventually we left this awful house and went to mine. I told Jackson to bring up some food.

Mina and her brother were sitting in the living room next to each other, so humbly and uncomfortably.

“Noona, why are you staying with him?” asked hani.

“Hm? He looks different”

“Will you marry him as he said?”

She caressed his hair “I don’t know sweetie, I don’t know”

I came to the living room holding some fast food that made hani smile happily. We were eating silently until I took a deep breath. I was about to say something when hani cut me off and talked to his sister about a random show he is addicted to it.

After we finished eating he went to the bathroom, so I looked at mina and took another deep breath,

“Chaeyoung listen” she cut me off… why is everyone cutting me off today? “You really don’t need to do it” she said bluntly.

“Do what?” I was confused.

“What you said to my father”

“Marrying you?”

She yelped and nodded “I can just stay somewhere and work and-“

“You won’t survive alone, I need to protect you” I changed my place and sat beside her, holding her two hands with mine just made electricity fill my body “I want to start a new life with you like you need to start a new one too”

“But I don’t want to force you” she said with tears forming in her eyes.

“Shuuush” I wiped the tear as soon as it dropped “I promise you to make these tears fall because of joy”

She smiled and looked down shyly but I lifted her head up and smiled at her “Smile more”

She hid her face with her hands and giggled, I felt my heart fluttering and flying aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter