chapter 8

the guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They are lost. Looking at each other, they find no answer. They can not go out from the cave. The puppies get back into their slumber mode as they sense something off without their parent and the guardian. They have to stay alert even when they are sleeping. 

Jihoon looks around, his Alpha gets thinner as they kidnap for three days. Well…it has been three days after they felt sunshine glowed their fur and anything else. They don’t feel alive at all for now although they have been fed by food. Coups does not have a want to touch it though Jihoon knows the wolf feeling starved. He needs a run. He needs his children. So does Jihoon. But they can’t help it too by the reason, they are in a cage. 

“Babe…” 

Coups lifts up his head weakly. “Yes?” 

“Please eat, even for a bit, you’re gonna weaker if you keep forcing yourself starved like this,” he persuades. Coups shakes his tail, sweeps the ground as he folds his paw and ducks his head under his paw. 

“I’m okay…I will eat after we get home.” 

“Husband…we’re Alphas, we have to be strong.” 

The wolf smiles bitterly. “…we are, but I’m strong as long as you’re with me.” 

Jihoon chuckles. “Stop being a sappy wolf, you have to eat, don’t try hibernating as if you are a polar bear.” 

He snorts. “I am a wolf. An Alpha. A husband of Jihoon, the former Alpha of Lee packs before he chose to be mine,” he can sense the other Alpha is smiling right now, “but from what I have learnt with Teddy the bear…I can shut down my instinct to eat when I sleep. So I have to hibernate, wake me when Joshua pick us up from this hell.” 

He closes his eyes right away before he gets another scolding from his little cute husband.

Jihoon lets out a resigned sigh. He gives up. Because of all things, the silly thing he heard before, there is a slight of a good answer that he can not deny. At least he should give a try so they won’t feel starving after not touching the meal which the vamps offer to them. 

He lets out another sigh. It has been a week for him, he guesses. He has been long inside the dark chamber, without a light. Without a visit after one time, Jeonghan has left him. Except for the ones he feels uneasy around, the vampires. They go to and fro, checking upon him as an excuse. He knows what they ask for. 

The blood of the pack. The blood of the spiritual wolf. 

But Joshua will not ever let it pass easily. He has to save the pack and Glacier by his own hand, regardless of who he faces and the result he will get. 

“Shua…” 

He stays still. “…you again.” 

“With me,” Jaehyun butts in. Joshua grimaces when he hears that noise. He snorts. 

“I know what you want, but at least—it is thrice annoying to hear your voice.” 

Jaehyun unfolds the cover from Joshua’s eyes and smiles when he finds Joshua staring intensely at him. “You’re lucky, we love you so much. This family love you and truly want you to be a part of us. Besides, you already have a hunter…” he blabbers, “that’s so cute.” 

“For your information, I don’t have a time for your hospitality. Also, I don’t want to be part of your community.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter