chapter 3

the guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They stare unbearably of having a blow when they are still awake in the house, without warning it happened in a jiffy before their eyes and now. A huge wolf snores loudly inside their house while a pair of men has an intense look in their eyes. Soyoon clears out , giving a distraction for the men to break the ice between. 

“So…” 

“I’m freaking out,” Jeonghan cuts in, deadpans, has no surprise at all on his tone yet his eyes remain upon Joshua who is still on his hold. 

She clears out again, taking them to pinpoint at her unless they really want to have a bickering in the middle of the night. Assume it as a blessing because their house is far from any catch of neighbours’ circle, so the chaos previously would not wake them up and run to Yoon’s house. “It’s nap time and I don’t want to hear any fight in this hour,” she fusses. 

Joshua nods. “I will get back to home and clear your memories from far.” 

Jeonghan tightens his hold, “I don’t know who you are—”

“That Joshua oppa, if I’m not mistaken,” Soyoon butts in, giving a snarl to them as a warning to keep the voice low. 

“I don’t want to forget everything and anything at this rate and you should consider myself.” 

“I do, so that’s why I want to erase your memories about this night.” 

Jeonghan frowns. “No, for my good, it shouldn’t be. I will live with this memories.” 

Joshua shrugs then looking away and clenches his fist. “Then let me erase about my existence, there.” Jeonghan widens his eyes. 

Before the latter can defend it, his sister speaks up. “No, my brother is like a dumb without remembering his rush so better for him to live like an ordinary people who enjoy his romance, every single bit,” her jaw bridles every word she means. Although it is not her problem, seeing his brother absence-minded about the one who stole his heart priorly and Jeonghan had no clue for these times. 

The wolf wakes up suddenly, growling for no reason and speaking directly to Joshua’s mind. Jeonghan and Soyoon are taken aback, beholding of the wolf and gulping. 

Joshua turns to the side, laying his hand upon Glacier and squeezes it until the wolf bursting into the dust. The hunters are dropping their jaw, owlishly blink their eyes. 

“Do you have to tail me like this?” Joshua eyes the latter who gripping hard on the edge of his sweater. Eyes twinkle with so much amusement containing, lips part as he is enchanted by the beauty of the forest. It is far beyond his expectation to see a dull teal painting the forest when they step deeper into it, it is brightening moss green with a slightly white and dark brown lightens between. It is a drawing living real before his eyes. 

He speaks nothing, but his eyes do otherwise, speaking all over words he has. Because he has not ever encountered a beautiful sight before, particularly seeing those things with a man around him. 

They enter a familiar area to his memory, seems unreal at first but Soyoon manages herself to not go crazy about it. Because they enter a castle. 

“Yours?” She asks. Glacier glances. “The wolf's den and Joshua’s hiding place.” 

Jeonghan tips his head, sneaking a glimpse of Joshua with the baffled look. “You don’t have a house?” 

“I have. Not long ago.” He shoos him, then putting off his robe as he pats Glacier to disappear before their eyes. Howling as he ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter