All about us

Please be safe

Jiyong woke up late at night to hear his phone ringing. He snatched the phone up as quickly as he could.

"TOP?" He said excitedly

"Hey baby, I'm sorry I'm calling so late, I just wanted to say I made it to the base camp and I had to hear your voice." TOP answered

Jiyong smiled and blushed.

"I miss you already. Break your leg or something so you can come home!" Jiyong said jokingly

"You're funny cutie." TOP said laughing.

"I gotta go, but I call out when I get the chance okay? Love you" TOP said.

"Okay. I love you too. Bye" Jiyong replied.

Jiyong couldn't stop smiling for a while after that. He loved TOP so much, simply hearing his voice, even if it was a quick hello, made his heart flutter and made his day so much brighter. He never dreamed that when they first met, that they would be more than friends. TOP loved Jiyong too and wished he could be with him. When TOP's anxiety spiked, Jiyong was the first one to help him calm down. And sometimes, the only one able o do it successfully. He loved that man more than anyone or anything. Moreover, TOP learned to love himself, because of Jiyong.

~Later at dance practice.~

"Jiyongie?" Youngbae sang as he waved a hand in front of Jiyong's face.

Jiyong finally came back to reality and looked at Youngbae.

"Sorry, what?" Jiyong asked innocently.

Youngbae laughed a bit.

"Still can't stop thinking about him, huh bud?" Youngbae asked smiling.

Jiyong nodded but then frowned.

"Ahh Youngbae I'm so nervous. What if he doesn't make it back safe?" Jiyong said quietly.

"Hey. Don't talk like that, he'll be fine okay?" Youngbae said hugging Jiyong. 

"Anyway, come on man, we have to practice." Youngbae said helping Jiyong up.

"Yea you're right man." Jiyong said smiling.

Later that night, after Jiyong got home from practice, he tried calling TOP, however, there was no answer. Jiyong sighed and put his phone down.

"He'll call me when he can I'm sure." Jiyong said to himself.

The rest of the year flew by, Jiyong and TOP kept making phone calls and occasionally Skyping when they were able to. Finally, the day of Jiyong's birthday, Jiyong was really hoping TOP Would some how surprise him but that didn't happen unfortunately. He did however, send him a package in the mail.

"Package for Jiyong?" The mailman said.

"That's me. Thanks." Jiyong said taking the package.

He took it to his room and set it on the bed to open it. When he opened it, he saw a stuffed dragon, a handwritten letter, some jewelry boxes, and photographs. He smiled instantly. He hugged the stuffed dragon as he tried on the jewelry, which happened to be a gold necklace he has his eye on last time they were in Japan together. He looked through the photos that were of TOP in his uniform and him with his other military enlistment troops. Finally, Jiyong got to the letter.

"My dearest love, 

      How are you? How is the rest of the family? I'm sorry I'm not physically there with you on your birthday, but I wanted to at least write to you and send you a few presents so you know I love you and haven't forgotten your birthday. I hope you like them. I miss you so much. I think about you everyday and can't wait to see you again and hold you in my arms. I love you baby. Happy birthday."

Jiyong couldn't stop smiling. He called Youngbae as soon as he could.

"Youngbae!!" Jiyong cried happily.

"Hey Ji. You okay?" Youngbae said

"I'm good. I got a package from TOP! Hegave me a necklace, a dragon stuffed animal, pictures and a really cute letter." Jiyong said excitedly.

"That's great buddy. I'm happy for you. You know he'll be home sooner than you know it." Youngbae said.

Jiyong smiled.

"I hope so. Anyway, I'll talk to you later." 

"Alright. Bye."