--oneshot

Of Bad Jokes and Cheesy Pickup Lines

“Yunho,” Jaejoong calls from behind him, “Hey. Hey Yunho.”

Yunho doesn’t turn around. He stills when he feels the other boy’s warm breath drift across his neck. “What,” He mutters, awkwardly leaning forward towards his desk, but it’s no use really because Jaejoong simply lifts his off his chair, elbows on his desk as he leans in too.

“Yunho,” The boy pauses and then speaks, his voice tinged with suppressed eagerness, “What did one ocean say to the other ocean?”

There’s a silence. Jaejoong is almost panting like a puppy in sheer excitement as he waits for Yunho to answer him.

But Yunho doesn’t, as usual. Only merely grunts an “I don’t know,” when he gets an impatient nudge.

“Okay,” Yunho turns his head slightly and sees the blond’s wide, toothy grin as he easily accepts Yunho’s unenthusiastic answer. He watches the boy do a dramatic pause before he squints his eyes slightly and then whispers out into the room,

“Nothing. They just waved.”

Yunho breathes out an unimpressed “wow,” before calmly turning back in his seat to face the whiteboard. The bell rings, signaling that it’s time for the lesson to begin, and there’s a strange tiny urge in his heart that tells him to turn back around, compliment Jaejoong’s joke and make him smile, but he pushes that silly little feeling aside for the rest of the lesson, trying to concentrate on his work instead.

Trying, really. Because in the middle of the lesson, he can’t help but think about Jaejoong’s joke and then there’s a goofy smile suddenly tugging at his lips, the whole delivery of the line now seeming so questionably funny. He covers it with the back of his hand, but as seconds tick by it just grows bigger and he has to cough awkwardly to hide his amusement. His fingers shake as he attempts to write down the notes on the whiteboard, but he’s trembling with holding back his laughter. It’s one of those jokes where it’s so freaking stupid to the point it’s hilarious.

He can practically feel Jaejoong’s curious gaze digging into his back, because naturally, Jaejoong spends half of his lesson staring at Yunho and also, the brunet is pretty sure he isn’t being subtle with trying to restrain himself from having a laughing fit. He bites his lower lip, shoulders shaking as he taps his pen against the table, forcing a blank expression onto his face but his brain slowly returns to that damn joke.

They just waved.

They just waved.

Waved.

A split second passes before Yunho bursts out into laughter in the middle of class.

 

“Hi.”

Yunho doesn’t look up. He’s quite embarrassed from what happened earlier. He got severely chastised for his laughing fit and for being so caught up in his amusement and dragging all the other students along. It was a strange mess of giggles in class, but in the midst of it all he managed to see a hopeful twinkle in Jaejoong’s eyes.

As if reading his mind, the blond-haired boy shifts slightly, wringing his hands together as he murmurs, “So.. um, so were you like.. laughing at my joke?” As quickly as he says that, he continues on in a shy and frantic rush, “or something else? What was it? Can you tell me too? I.. I mean you were laughing so hard and all.”

He sounds so nervous that Yunho almost smiles. Almost.

Instead, he decides to look Jaejoong right in the eye. The other male gulps, looking startled.

“Jaejoong-ah,” He his lips and then drops his gaze before lifting it, “What did one ocean say to the other ocean?”

There is a very long silence and Jaejoong blinks.

His lips part and then he whispers, seeming rather flustered, “Nothing… they just waved.”

Yunho smiles. He stands up. He can’t believe that all this time, it took a joke as lame as this one to get him to make a move. Jaejoong is merely standing there, all shy, and so cute that the little remaining nervousness Yunho felt vanishes completely. Trying not to frighten the other male, he takes Jaejoong’s hands in his, gently.

“Jaejoong-ah. Do you have a Band-Aid?”

The blond blinks, tilting his head slightly as confusion etches over his features. “A.. Band-Aid..” His lips part in an adorable ‘o’ as he concern suddenly fills his eyes, “Yunho-yah, are you hurt somewhere?”

“I—“ Yunho doesn’t even get to speak as the other boy is pulling away and moving to turn, his eyes b with worry as he hurriedly murmurs,

“Yes, yes, hold on! I have a Band-Aid in my bag, let me just g—“

It takes a single pull for Jaejoong to slam into Yunho’s arms.

However, it isn’t as romantic as it sounds, because there’s a desk that’s situated behind them and Yunho hisses as the edge of it digs into his back, sharp and painful. Also, Jaejoong is whimpering at the harsh and sudden impact his nose had with Yunho’s chest. He looks up, about to complain with his eyebrows furrowed, but then Yunho quickly shushes him with a wince before he pants out the words,

“Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.”

Yunho cringes internally at the absolute dripping cheese that leaks in those words. He even closes his eyes shamefully, not wanting to think about what had just come out of his mouth. The silence that Jaejoong holds onto, just standing pressed against his chest, is making him wonder if his pick-up line that much to the point it made the blond speechless. He his lips nervously, and it’s only now that he realizes that his heart is beating quite painfully hard. The thought of Jaejoong feeling it against him arises a slight panic and so he attempts to pull away from their somewhat awkward embrace, but he stills when Jaejoong slowly peers up at him.

Yunho holds his breath. Jaejoong’s huge orbs are gazing right into his own and he gets nervous.

But then it’s an almost comical sight when he watches a pretty pink tint across the other male’s cheeks, just at the same time as an incredibly shy smile begins to curve at his lips. Yunho is blown away. He is mesmerized and he can’t move from his position.

So he’s basically also basically frozen when Jaejoong leans up on his tip toes and pecks him softly on the lips.

But it isn’t exactly a peck since Jaejoong isn’t moving away. Their lips are pressed against each others, and Yunho is so dazed he can’t move. After a few seconds, the smaller male pulls away, his cheeks flaming red in embarrassment. A fist hitting his chest has Yunho blinking in alarm. Jaejoong grumbles, “Dammit Yunho, this is embarrassing,” and gestures to their lips, “Can’t you freaking kiss me back, god.” He’s muttering while looking away, all flushed red and cute, a sight that has Yunho immediately obeying. He leans down and kisses the blond.

 

A little while later when they’re sitting together on their chairs, playing with each other’s fingers and cracking more occasional jokes here and there with soft shy pecks in the middle, Yunho suddenly smiles.

“You know, to our kids in the future, I’m going to be like,” he shifts and then grins, “Your daddy won me over by the lamest joke I have ever heard in my life.”

“So you’re already thinking about having kids with me?” Jaejoong teases, nudging him and Yunho blushes, swatting his elbow away. But when he looks back, Jaejoong is blushing too, and he shifts closer, snuggling into him. “Well I’ll tell them, kids, your dad won me over by asking me for a Band-Aid.”

Yunho laughs out, the other male’s hair. He thinks of Jaejoong’s earlier joke and laughs even harder. Jaejoong has no idea what he’s amused at, but he joins in too. Their giggles fill the classroom, and they both know it’s the start of something absolutely wonderful between them.

 

A/N: i love dorky jae. 

thanks for reading and commenting!!!!!!!!! ♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥