004

The Reunion

Minah had her arms crossed as she sat on the Range Rover’s driver seat, the twins were at the back being quiet, and they could sense that their mother was in a very foul mood.

She glanced at the peonies beside her; she shook her head and leaned back on her seat.

“Samchon!” Minjung suddenly cried out, Minah followed her daughter’s gaze before sliding down the car.

“Noona, what were you~”

“Eomma tricked me!”

“What?” Taeyong paused, her brows met briefly.

Her brother sighed before opening his arms to her.

“I got a call from her secretary, she said eomma collapsed and she had a heart attack, so I got on the first flight to Seoul and,” Her lips quivered, Taeyong shook his head.

“Eomma’s out of town, she left for Jeju yesterday.”

Minah groaned.

“Well, maybe to hide from your wrath.” He muttered before going to the car, he smiled as the twins greeted him.

“She tricked me into coming home, TY. This isn’t fair, I was so worried.”

Taeyong glanced at her.

“Noona, it’s been six years.”

She looked away.

“I was here two years ago.” She defended.

“Yeah, because it was a layover, you were here for seven hours.” He rolled his eyes at her.

“How are you two doing? Do you want to go with samchon?” He said before lifting Minjung in his arms.

“When is she flying back?” Minah asked.

“In a few days, I guess. So, stay for a bit.” He urged, Minah paused.

“I...I heard about what happened with halmae and,”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Taeyong quipped before setting Minjung down, Minah frowned.

“How about lunch?” He spoke.

“Taeyong, I can~”

“Dopr it, noona. I don’t really care what halmae thinks.”

Minah closed .

“Lunch at your favorite café then, I’ll invite Sehun hyung and Yuta.”

 

 

“You haven’t met her, huh?” Yuta asked Nanhee.

“She hasn’t?” Sehun looked up from his phone.

“You know her; she doesn’t want to be here.” Taeyong squeezed her hand briefly.

“Back durig high school, we used to head straight here after class.” Sehun grinned before picking up the menu.

“So, your mom…lied to her about being sick?” Nanhee asked.

“Yeah. Noona’s pissed that she was tricked, so I think it’s right that eomma left for Jeju.”

Sehun and Yuta chuckled.

“And the twins? Are they okay?” Nanhee asked.

“Yeah, noona took them with her.”

“That’s good then, but is their father okay with them traveling abruptly?” Nanhee blinked, Yuta paused. Sehun’s brows rose.

“You don’t know who their father is?” Sehun spoke.

“Well, I was curious, but I didn’t know how to ask.” She smiled carefully and glanced at Taeyong. The youngest Lee blinked, suddenly realizing that he never mentioned it to her.

“Well,”

“Hyung!” Yuta looked up, Taeyong’s eyes widened.

“You invited him?” Taeyong balked at Sehun, the latter smirked.

“Cool, huh?”

Taeyong just puffed his cheeks and leaned back on his seat.

“She is so going to kill you.” Taeyong muttered under his breath, Nanhee just looked at him curiously.

“Oh, Nanhee you’re here too.” Kai greeted before taking his seat.

“We should order steak.” Yuta spoke.

“I want seafood.” Nanhee chimed in.

“Oh, they’re here.” Sehun spoke, his eyes were on the doors, and the twins came running.

“It’s…Minah unnie, right?” Nanhee sounded nervous, Kai tensed in his seat.

“Are you prepared to meet our ice princess?” Sehun mused, Taeyong just shook his head.

“Appa!” Minjung said happily, Nanhee’s brows rose up.

“A—ppa?” She turned to Taeyong, then Minjung ran to Kai. Sehun chuckled as he saw realization hit the girl.

“How are you? Did you sleep well?” Jongin made the girl sit on his lap, Jonghwan came next, and he bumped fists with Yuta before going to his dad.

“Look at our Nanhee, she’s shooked.” Yuta chuckled and nudged Sehun, the two high-fived.

“You grew taller.” Kai grinned before placing him on his other lap.

“Appa, are we going to eat now?” Jonghwan murmured.

“Wait, so, Kai and~”

They heard the other diners started to murmur.

“Isn’t that Lee Minah?”

“It’s her!”

Nanhee looked up just as a young lady stepped in, she was dressed in a pair of black wide leg slacks and a sky blue off-shoulder blouse and a pair of black patent heels, her long black hair was down and it framed the doll-like features perfectly.

Hi.” She stopped before them, Nanhee was gaping.

“Noona!” Yuta welcomed her with a hug.

“Noona, this is Nanhee,” Taeyong stood up, Nanhee swallowed nervously, and then the girl faced her.

“I know, it’s nice to meet you.” She smiled before reaching out to hug the girl.

“Yes, the same here, uhm,~”

“Just call me unnie. I never really had a younger sister, all I had was Taeyong so,” She winked at her before asking her to sit.

“Yes, thanks, unnie.”

“Hello there, old friend.” Sehun said lazily, Minah smirked before kicking his shin.

Mommy!” Minjung called, Minah looked at them, she paused. Kai stood up with a small smile.

“Long time no see,” He said, Minah nodded before letting him hug her briefly.

“Whew. Awkward, now go sit down, let’s eat.” Sehun stated, Taeyong snorted and Minah just kicked his shin again.

 

 

“So, what’s the plan?” Sehun asked as desserts were served, Jonghwan was already on his chocolate cake.

“I might be flying back in two days, the kids said they want to stay for a bit,” She glanced at Minjung who was chatting with her father animatedly.

“So, I have to arrange that.”

“But,” Sehun said quietly, Minah followed his gaze. Taeyong and Nanhee were talking; Minah saw how her brother looked at the girl.

She smiled to herself, Taeyong looked so happy.

“I have nothing against them, don’t worry about me.”

“Which is exactly why you should stay,”

“Sehun,”

“You have no idea what’s happening, huh?” Sehun said, Minah looked at him.

“What?”

“There’s been word that your grandmother is looking for a wife, for Taeyong.”

Minah blinked, she met eyes with Jongin briefly. She looked away.

“Taeyong may not say it. But we both know that having you back comforts him.”

“But, I really can’t stay, Oh.”

 

 

“So, she’s here? Finally here?” Mrs. Lee asked in glee as her secretary walked in the room.

“Yes, she’s already contacted director Lee.”

“Yes!” She cheered; her secretary just shook her head.

“But, samonim, lying to the young miss…is a bit too much.” She winced.

“It worked! She’s home. Did you get her passport?” She asked conspiringly, she had asked Taeyong’s cleaning ahjumma to take her daughter’s passport as soon as the girl got in Taeyong’s house.

“Yes, I hid it like you asked me to.” She sighed, the LeeSan samonim clapped her hands like a child.

“Samonim, still, what if the young miss and vice president Kim cross paths? You know how much she’s been avoiding that.”

“She will just have to deal with that. Besides, Kai’s not a bad catch, I don’t understand those two. And, Minah has to help her brother, I cannot deal with my mother-in-law, eommonim can only be tamed by another Lee lady.”

“Samonim, you lied to your daughter and led her to think you were dying.”

“I gave her peonies. That’s enough.” She said adamantly.

The secretary just shook her head.

 

 

“Noona, we’ll go ahead.” Taeyong announced as they walked out of the building.

“Yeah, we’re staying at your place.” She said to him.

“Oh, and Nanhee?” Minah called, Yuta smiled before walking to his car.

“Come and join us for dinner later, Taeyong’s cooking.”

Taeyong started to protest, but Minah just eyed him, he pouted.

Nanhee chuckled before nodding. Minah watched as Taeyong took the girl’s hand as they walked towards his waiting car, her brows met briefly.

“I’m heading first. Don’t call me.” Sehun pointed out before leaving.

“Eomma, can we go with appa?” Minjung asked, Joghwan nodded. Kai looked at her, unsure.

“Sure, if your father’s not busy.” She said without meeting his gaze.

“The car’s waiting, mister Song will be~” The twins ran to the familiar man waiting by the Rolls Royce Phantom.

“Ahjussi!” Jonghwan squealed, Minah chewed on her lip.

“Min~”

“I’ll get going then,” She spoke, Kai reached for her hand.

“Minah, wait,”

She faced him.

“Let’s talk.”

“Later. Let’s talk later.” She stated before shaking his hand off, Kai looked away. Then he saw the white Range Rover speed out of the parking lot.

 

 

“I have things to discuss with you.” Kai said quietly as he took out a small red box from his pocket, he opened it and studied the diamond ring briefly before walking to his car.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++