Angel

Chased
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo was stoned for a moment, his mind thinking about what Woohyun had just said. The book. The thing he was looking for. With the existence of the book, he could finish it all and avenge his team. His father could be jailed with that amount of evidence. It would be close to impossible for his father to get away with the book in police’s possession. A light of hope shone through his eyes, he might have the chance to end it all, now that he knew that Woohyun really had it before all of these incidents.

 

“So Sunggyu really gave it to you?” Myungsoo asked, feeling proud for a moment that his guess had been correct.

 

“Sunggyu hyung is really a genius. He told me a moment before we were chased that he needed me to protect something in case something bad happened to him. He did not exactly say anything specific about it, but he mentioned something about our last mission, and that he was sorry to drag us all into this.” Woohyun started to explain, tears welling on his eyes, threatening to fall down. Myungsoo wanted to wipe the tears away, but he was frozen on his spot, waiting for Woohyun to continue his story.

 

“At that time, I was not thinking much about it, I thought Sunggyu was just being paranoid. Afterall, our missions had always been dangerous. I just laughed it off and told him to relax for a bit. He usually would have slapped me or teased me back, but he just stared at me with a serious look at that time. And then I realized that Sunggyu was telling the truth about the danger of this mission.” Woohyun continued, looking down at the ground, reminiscing his last conversation with Sunggyu.

 

“Did Sunggyu hyung... Did he know that our enemy was going to attempt on our lives?” Myungsoo asked softly, cringing from imagining the pain Sunggyu must have been through knowing that someone was after his life and possibly his team.

 

“I don’t think so. But he knew that he was going to die. He confessed his love to me just before he set off to face our enemy. It was really unlike him, as if he knew that we would not be able to meet each other again, at least in this life. And like a fool I could not say I love you too properly to him.” Woohyun’s tears fell as he clenched his fist, pain drawn all over his face. Myungsoo did not say anything as he went closer and embraced the older in a comforting hug. He knew that Woohyun must have so many regrets, one of which was not being able to have a proper relationship with their leader. All of the members knew that Sunggyu and Woohyun had special feelings for one another, but both too proud to actually admit it.

 

“Don’t cry, hyung. I’m sure Sunggyu hyung knew about your feeling. We all knew about it and Sunggyu hyung was the smartest one out of all of us.” Myungsoo said softly to lessen Woohyun’s guilt. His grudge for the man in the mask kept getting bigger, he wanted to make sure that the evil man would rot in jail and pay for what he did.

 

“I hope so.” Woohyun started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter