A Match Up

The Masked Dancer

 

 

You and Hoya registered as competitors on the street dance showdown. Hoya seemed too confident that he would win. You on the other hand knew that you weren’t really feeling well that time but still you gave in to his deal, thinking that he would stop bugging you once you say yes to what he wanted.

The crowd of dancers and supporters began getting larger when the judge announced that two of the competitors were from Dynamite and Venom. The said groups were pretty popular around the place, so many people anticipated for the showdown between you and Hoya and started placing their bets on who they think would win.

The dance battle finally began. The names of the dancers performing that time were being screamed by the multitude of fans and supporters. You and Hoya stayed away from the mob for a moment as he did his warm ups while you were just sitting there.

After several minutes, it was finally your and Hoya’s turn to get on the stage. The mob went wild as the event master announced the names of the dancers the people have all been waiting for: Venom’s Hoya and Dynamite’s Hyewon.

The crowd parted as you confidently made your way towards the center. A lot of your supporters gathered there and yelled out your name. They were mostly big boys, making their cheers sound louder than Hoya’s female supporters.

Hoya flexed his neck and rotated his shoulders for his last warm up. The cheers for him got more earsplitting when he removed his black jacket, exposing his well-defined body in fitted wifebeater.

He stretched his arms while piercingly staring at you. “I’ll get you, Jung Hyewon.”

You crossed your arms and gave him glares. “…if you can.” You smirked at him.

The skies started getting dark blue mixed with orange rays as the sun slowly set and stars flashed one by one. The music suddenly changed and the genre was one of Hoya’s fortes in dancing. He his lower lip and started moving his body to the beat of the music.

The crowd went wild while yelling his name. You took a deep breath as you took off your shirt, revealing your toned abs in cropped wifebeater. “Let’s get it on.”

You stepped on the stage and did this dance routine: http://youtu.be/f4Jhb5RSqhc [just turn off the volume of this video]

The stage started heating up. The cheers were louder than earlier and the astonished mob didn’t even move their heads as they vigilantly watched the sizzling dance battle between the city’s most admired dancers. Hoya began executing more powerful dance steps.

*I can’t lose. I just can’t.* You said in your head. You felt your knees trembling in weakness but you ignored it and gave your all. You exerted all the strength left in you just to win the battle.

Raindrops started pouring down from the sky, making you feel weaker. Hoya noticed you, slowly losing your energy while dancing. As the music changed, your body seemed more exhausted and worn out.

*I…can’t…lose!* you shook your head and forced yourself to continue dancing even though you felt like falling down on the ground.

You growled as you exerted the energy left in you. All of a sudden, your sight turned black as your eyes gradually shut and the next thing you felt was the wet ground. The crowd gasped and several of your supporters called for help.

“Hyewon!” Hoya panicked and stopped dancing. He immediately kneeled on the ground and carried you. The event master decided to let the other dancers perform for a moment while they check your condition. “No need. I’ll just bring her home.” Hoya said. He excused himself to the crowd and exited the place.

The crowd was left wanting for more but, they had no choice but to stay there and support other dancers.

Hoya carried you as he walked under the pouring rain and headed towards their house.