A Deal

The Masked Dancer

 

 

 

 

The night after Dynamite’s steamy dance battle with Venom, you woke up with a worn out feeling. But, you still managed to get up and meet your co-members.

It was a hot afternoon. You were practicing at the empty alleyway with Dynamite. While in the middle of executing the new dance routine taught by Yunho and Hyoyeon, you suddenly stopped moving for a while as you felt a little dizzy.

Noticing that you were not your usual energetic self, U-kwon immediately approached you and gave you a bottle of water. “Hey, you alright?”

You exhaled hard and tried straightened your back. “I’m good.” Then, you continued dancing.

U-kwon held your shoulders and faced you. “I think you’re not.” He held your hand and brought you to the bench. He observed your face as you sat down and took a gulp of water.

“You look pale and tired.” He looked at you with a concerned expression. Being with you for almost 12 years, U-kwon can truly say what you feel just by looking into your eyes.  Seeing that you seemed exhausted and tired, he knew that you weren’t feeling well that time.

“Go home and take a rest. I’ll just tell hyung that you’re sick. Don’t worry, I’ll teach you the steps tomorrow.” He smiled as he gently patted your head. He then approached Yunho and told him about your condition. Yunho stopped demonstrating the steps to Minwoo and Minzy for a second as he walked towards you. “Why didn’t you say earlier?” He bent over and checked your face.

“Appa, I don’t want to miss this practice so—“you explained, but Yunho spoke again. “Go home. You better rest.” He rubbed your back.

You stared at him and slowly nodded. “Yes appa…” You stood up and showed a weak smile at your co-members. U-kwon looked at you from a distance as you made your way out of the alley. He suddenly ran towards you and held your hand. “Maybe I should go with you.”

You glanced at him and beamed. “Go back, you have to practice. I’ll be fine.”

“Are you sure?” He blinked. You nodded and squeezed his hand.

“Be careful, huh?” U-kwon kissed your forehead and ran back to the alley. You waved him goodbye and continued walking.

While on your way home, a man blocked you. He was wearing a black sleeveless jacket, showcasing his bulging biceps. His scent seemed familiar to you. You looked up and laid your eyes on his face.

“What?” You asked while slipping your hands inside your pants’ pockets.

“Last night, I came to think how stupid I am to let you win.” Hoya said with gritted teeth. “You know I actually hate losing, right?” He smirked.

*Ugh. Here’s Mr. Arrogant again…* You puffed air through your nose and rolled your eyes. “Excuse me Howon-ssi but, I have to go.” You continued walking but, Hoya grabbed your hand and pinned you against the wall.

“There’s a one on one dance battle happening right now at the third street and I want you and I to join. Prove me how good you are. Show me what you got.” He hissed in your ears.

“And what do I get if I win? Recognition? Ugh, please. I don’t need it.” You roared as you glared at him.

“Then let’s have a deal, shall we? If I win…” He pressed his forehead against yours as you waited for what he was about to say. “…we’ll go on a date, just the two of us.”

Hoya glared sharply into your eyes as if he was about to melt you with his killer stare. You gulped and started breathing faster.

“But if I win, I want you to stop bugging me. Don’t ever show up and stay away from me, you got that?”

Hoya flashed a cocky smirk. “You know I wouldn’t let that thing happen.”

The two of you shared death glares to each other. He his lower lip and slowly let go of you.

“Follow me.”