Rain & You

SeSom One-Shot Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The playlist for this chapter:

Yellow – Coldplay I’m Yours – The Script Rain – Taeyeon Flower Way – Sejeong (it suit the mood!)

A sudden crisp air filled the room, sending chills throughout her body. She stirred from her sleep and curled deeper under the covers. She tried to get back to sleep, but the sound of water hitting the roof prevented her from doing so.

She turned to look at the other side of the bed. Empty. She sighed.

She got out of the bed and walked to the window. A breezy wind was blowing straight into her face as soon as she opened the window.

It was ten o’clock on the Sunday morning and the rain was pouring heavily. She smiled. She loved rain. The rain seemed to always could improve her mood.

She shut her eyes, trying to feel the weather. She loved the smell of rain that fell on dry land. It gave a fresh, earthy, and comfy feeling. She loved to hear the sound of rain drenched every corner of the earth. She loved to see raindrops falling from the tip of the leaf.

Feeling a little bit cold and hungry, she opened her eyes and closed the window. She came out of her room to get some food.

She was just about to open the cereal box when she saw a plate full of pancake and a glass of milk on the table. She furrowed his forehead. A few seconds later, she realized what was happening. She took a seat and her eyes twinkled when she saw a piece of post-it note stuck to the glass. She smiled brightly after reading the note and started to eat her brunch.

She was already done washing the dishes when the rain was getting heavier. So, she decided to make a cup of hot chocolate which a perfect match with the current mood.

She grabbed her jacket before walked out to the terrace. She took a seat and placed her hot chocolate on the table, enjoying the rain from her balcony.

A smile was plastered on her face as she watched people pass by with their umbrella. She had good memories with umbrella and rain. That was why she loved rain so much. Because of rain, she met her. Because of rain, she found her love. Because of rain, she felt alive

She couldn’t help but recall those memories.

 

The rain started to fall when she walked home. She stopped at the storefront and searched her bag. She frowned when she didn’t find what she was looking for. Umbrella.

She decided to keep walking home before the rain was getting heavier and the day was getting late. She loved rain after all.

After walking for about five minutes, she was drenched from head to toe. She smiled. It was a pleasing feeling. Her home wasn’t too far from there, so she quickened her pace.

 Suddenly, the rain stopped. So, he stopped walking as well.

She glanced up and there was a yellow umbrella protecting her from the rain. She turned her head with a blank face to see a stranger holding the umbrella for her.

“Why did you stop?” The stranger spoke.

She remained silent. But, her expression changed to a confused one. The stranger understood the face.

“Ah… you’re going to catch a cold if you’re letting the rain drenched you,” the stranger gave her a sincere smile. “Come on. I’ll walk you home. Or, do you want to borrow my umbrella?”

She snapped out of her mind and scrutinized the stranger from the head to toe. The stranger wore the same uniform as hers. Kim Sejeong, read a name tag on the stranger’s shirt.

Feeling eyes on her name tag, the stranger felt the need to introduce herself. “You’re right. My name’s Kim Sejeong,” she looked down to the wet girl’s name tag. “Jeon Somi?”

The wet girl cleared . “Yeah. Jeon Somi.”

They shook hands. “You’re the new girl, aren’t you?” Sejeong referred to the new transfer student at her school.

“Yeah,” she answered with trembling lips. Sejeong saw it.

“Come on,” Sejeong grabbed Somi’s hand and started walking. “You have to change your clothes as soon as possible.”

They walked in silence for five minutes. Somi suddenly spoke when they were getting near to her apartment.

“Thank you,” she said while looking down. “You don’t have to walk me home. I’m already drenched anyway.”

“It’s okay. My house is also in this way.”

A silence filled the air again. After few minutes of walking under quite heavy rain, they arrived at an apartment complex.

“This is me,” Somi spoke when they arrived at the lobby. She raised an eyebrow when she saw Sejeong was shaking the umbrella, trying to get rid the water off before closed it.

“What a coincidence!” Sejeong smiled. “This is also me.”

“Are you serious?”

“Yeah,” They walked to the elevator. “Which floor do you live on?”

“Fifteenth.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter