Part 1: Losing Hope

SeSom One-Shot Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The playlist for this chapter:

Need You Now – Lady Antebellum My Immortal – Evanescence When You’re Gone – Avril Lavigne Better That We Break – Maroon 5

The thing Somi hated the most for the past weeks was how fast the sun rose each day, mocked her about the sad reality. She woke up as the sun was shining brightly on her face. She groaned and covered her face with the blanket.

“Somi, wake up. You need to go to the International Affairs office,” her Mom knocked on her door.

“Fine,” she sighed. Do I really have to go?

She came down half an hour later. She found her family was having breakfast. She grabbed one piece of bread and put strawberry jam on it. Then, she kissed her little sister and bid goodbye to her parents.

“Som, make sure you take care all of the papers today. Is Sejeong picking you up today?”

“No,” she wore her shoes and walked to the door. “Chaeyeon Unnie will pick me up. I’ll wait for her outside. Bye.”

Not too long after, Chaeyeon arrived at her house. She went into the car and found Yoojung and Doyeon already there.

“What are you guys doing here?” Somi asked as the car drove away.

“Chaeyeon Unnie picked us up! She wants to borrow my book.” Yoojung who sat in the front seat answered.

“Ah…” Somi replied halfheartedly and had her gaze outside the window while her attention wasn’t even there.

As Somi’s cousin and the oldest person on that car, Chaeyeon sensed something was bothering her younger sister. She turned her head at Yoojung who sat beside her and found Yoojung gave her the ‘What is wrong with her’ look. Yoojung gave her a sign to asked something to Somi.

“Somi-ah, are you okay? Something bothering you?” Chaeyeon glanced at Somi through the rear-view mirror.

Somi startled by Chaeyeon’s voice. “H-Huh? No, everything’s fine, Unnie.”

“Your face told something different, Som.” Doyeon said. Somi just shrugged her shoulder and rested her back.

“Is it about Stanford?” Doyeon questioned chaught Somi off her guard.

“N-No… what are you saying,” she stuttered. Doyeon smiled, fully understood that it was really about Stanford.

“Did Sejeong said something about it?”

“It has nothing to do with her, Doyeon. Why are you so nosy in the morning?” She glared at Doyeon who was laughing. “Chaeyeon Unnie, I have class. You don’t need to drop me at the office.”

“Okay. But, aren’t you have paperwork to do?”

“Yeah, I’ll ask Sejeong to accompany me later.”

“Ah, okay then.” Chaeyeon drove those three beagles to the campus while Doyeon and Yoojung tried to cheered Somi up by doing something silly or telling absurd jokes.

They were undergraduate students at one of the best college in South Korea majored in Business and Economics. Yoojung, Doyeon, Somi, and Kyulkyung, Nayoung’s girlfriend, were in their second year. Chaeyeon, along with Sejeong and their friends, Nayoung and Chungha, were in their third year.

They were the most popular, influential, and admired student at the whole campus. Not only because they were beautiful or good-looking, they also played the important part in student’s club. Each of them held relatively higher position in the club, like chief executive, leader, or manager. The coolest person between them was Sejeong. She was the Student Representative of their campus’ Student Association. That was why Sejeong became the busiest person ever. And Somi sometimes hated that fact. Like right now.

“Where are you?” Somi called her directly when she arrived at the campus.

“Student union building. I have a meeting right now. Can you wait for me?”

“Fine. I have a class. Let’s meet after my class is over, kay?”

“Okay. I’m so sorry, baby. Don’t go anywhere without me.”

“Okay. See you later.” Somi ended the call and head to her class with Yoojung and Doyeon.

===

At the class, Somi couldn’t focus at all. This was her last class before she had to leave this campus for six-month period. Yup, she got a scholarship to let her study for six months at Stanford. She was happy, of course. Got to learn Accounting, which was her major, abroad was her dream since high school. But, that was before she had this person who was invading her space, her life, since she got accepted at this college. Somi was very scared to be separated with her girlfriend.

Sejeong and her other friends were very supportive of her decision to accept that scholarship. Sejeong never complained about everything related to the scholarship because Sejeong knew that was Somi’s dream. And she wanted to become a supportive girlfriend, hence she was willing to be separated with her.

But, the whole campus knew that Somi and Sejeong were inseparable. Wherever you saw Somi, Sejeong was always beside her. Sejeong reasoned that Somi was very delicate, thus Somi had to be protected at all cost. Somi usually just glared at Sejeong if she said that.

Sejeong would treat Somi as her princess. Chungha frequently said that Sejeong was spoiling Somi too much, it would be hard for them if they had to be separated. Sejeong just ignored Chungha’s words, and the latter would kick her in the . That was why, their friends were very worried about Somi decision to accept this scholarship. They repeatedly asked Somi and Sejeong if they truly okay with this. The couple would just give them an assuring smile that everything would be okay. At least, they hoped so.

===

“Where’s your princess?” remarked Chungha as she took a seat between Sejeong and Nayoung.

Sejeong ignored the remark and continued to eat. Sejeong was done with her meeting while Chungha and Nayoung’s class was over, hence they were eating at the cafeteria. Not too long after, Kyulkyung joined them.

“Sejeong Unnie, Somi said she’s going to the Student Affairs with Dodaeng. She asked me to tell you that.”

“Thank you, Kyulkyung.” Sejeong smiled and kept eating.

“Yah, isn’t she supposed to go in two days?” Chungha asked.

“Yeah, so?” Sejeong raised one of her eyebrow.

“Why are you so calm? I mean, you’re not gonna see her for six months.”

“I’m going to see her six months later, right? Then, it’s fine.” Sejeong left their friends dumbfounded. Her friends didn’t believe Sejeong, who was crazy in love with Somi, would let Somi away from her so easily.

“Glad you have such thoughts, Sejeong-ah.” Nayoung spoke. Sejeong gave her a smile.

For about thirty minutes later, Yoojung, Doyeon, and Somi were in sight. They entered the cafeteria noisily while laughing and giggling.

“There they are.” Chungha was the first one to noticed the beagles. Sejeong turned her head to the same direction as Chungha and smiled when she saw her girlfriend. Then, she stood up to greeted her.

“Hey, baby.” Sejeong opened her arms when Somi appeared near her. Somi let her body fell into Sejeong embrace. Suddenly, she felt gloomy as she hugged Sejeong back. Yoojung and Doyeon took a seat across them and started to eat their food.

Sejeong was the first one who tried to release the hug. Not until one second after she loosened the hug, Somi pull Sejeong’s body into another hug. Tighter this time. Sejeong giggled because of her girlfriend action, but she hugged her back. Not too long after, Somi released the hug and looked at Sejeong’s eyes. Sejeong then pecked her girlfriend lips and received a pinch on her arm.

“UNNIE!” Yoojung shrieked as she saw what Sejeong did. “Go get a room both of you.”

“Did you just kiss her, Unnie???” Doyeon eyes widened. “Seriously? In here? Oh my God, my dog’s hormone is better than yours.”

“Yaaah, it’s just a peck.” Sejeong replied only to get a slapped at the back of her head.

“We’ll get going, Unnies. Got some paperwork to do.” Somi excused herself. She grabbed Sejeong hand and pulled her out of the cafeteria.

“Seriously, how come those two be separated more than a day?” Chungha spoke when Somi and Sejeong were gone. The others just nodded their heads in agreement.

===

“Do you want to come over?” Somi said as she unbuckled her seatbelt.

“Nah, it’s too late. I’ll visit you tomorrow.” Sejeong helped her.

“Okay, then.” Somi was about to opened the door when Sejeong’s hand stopped her for doing so. She raised her eyebrows, confused.

“You forget something.” Sejeong said.

“What?”

Then, Sejeong eagerly kissed Somi’s lips. Somi’s eyes widened because the sudden move. Sejeong knew Somi was shocked, so she loosened the kiss a little bit and start to kissed Somi slowly. Sejeong’s hand already on Somi’s left cheek, tried to assured her.

After the moment, Somi started to enjoy the kiss. Well, this wasn’t their first kiss. And Sejeong was a freaking damn good kisser. But, the sudden moved from Sejeong that made her caught off her guard.

Feeling Somi enjoyed the kiss, Sejeong started to kissed her passionately. Somi opened a little, making a way for Sejeong’s tongue to entered . Felt this opportunity, Sejeong hastily using her tongue. Somi stifled a moan. Hearing that, Sejeong hungrily kissed her and released the kiss only to kissed Somi’s weakness point, her neck. Once Sejeong’s lips touch her neck, Somi let out a moan. She could feel Sejeong smirked on her neck. So, Somi pulled Sejeong’s face up and kissed her lips again.

They were kissing for another five minutes. They let their feelings, emotions, worries, and fears controlled the kiss. That was why the kiss was different from the usual. Sejeong was c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter