Java Berry

SeSom One-Shot Collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The playlist for this chapter:

Falling in Love at the Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg Doo Wap - I.O.I Everything - Michael Bublé

“Unnie, I’m going to take out the garbage.”

“Hm,” says the older girl who is busy searching in the computer.

*Ding-a-ling*

The bell is ringing, means the front door is open and slightly touch the bell. With gaze still fixed on the screen, she welcomes whoever come to the shop.

“Good morning! Happiness may come from a cup of coffee!” she shouts their motto in monotone voice because her focus still on the computer.

Later on, she sees a hand tapping the countertop. Because she thinks she has a customer, so she looks up.

“Hello, what can-…” she’s fascinated by a girl in front of her. The girl has perfectly brunette hair which slightly wavy at the bottom part. Her eyes are the most dazzling eyes she has ever met. Her lips reflect the color of apple. She doesn’t fully close her lips, so she gets a glimpse of her foreteeth. Damn, she looks so gorgeous. Thinking it’s rude to gawking at her customer, so she brushes her mind off.

“Ehem,” she clears . “Sorry. What would you like to order?”

“It’s rude to greet your customer without looking at their eyes, you know.”

“Oh! I’m so sorry, Miss.” She repeatedly bows her head. “I didn’t mean to be rude.”

“That’s okay. I forgive you. Be grateful I’m in a good mood.”

“Thank you, Miss.” She smiles and bows her head again. “Can I take your order?”

“Hmm…” she scans the menus and furrows her eyebrows. “I usually have a macchiato in the morning. But I kind of bored for having it on every morning. So, do you have any suggestion?”

“I do,” the barista smiles and picks up a cup of coffee. “Do you like Frappuccino?”

“Yeah, I think I do. What do you have in mind?”

She starts writing on that cup. “I hope you can guess what it is when you drink it.”

“Oooh, interesting. I hope so!” she grins widely.

“Uh… sorry, what’s your name?”

“Right. Jeon Somi. Just write it as Somi.”

Somi. What a beautiful name. “Alright. That’ll be four dollars. And please wait at the pickup counter there.”

Somi walks to the counter after pays for her drink. She then observes the barista when she’s making the beverage. Seems like she’s a pro. Because the barista takes a little long time to make the drink, Somi decides to sit down on one of the chairs.

“Miss Jeon? Jeon Somi?” the barista calls her. Somi stands up to pick her drink up.

“Enjoy the coffee. Hope you like it and please come back here to enjoy our coffee.”

“Will do! Thank you… Sejeong?” she reads the barista’s name on the name card attached to her apron.

“Yes. Kim Sejeong. Nice to meet you, Miss Jeon.” She smiles so widely until her eyes turns into curves.

“Just call me Somi next time, okay? Thanks again. Bye.” She bids goodbye and leave the shop.

==

On her way to the office, her focus seems to always be at the phone screen. That’s why, she drinks her coffee unconsciously until the coffee is gone.

When she realizes it, she already reached her office. She was just about to throw the cup when she gets a glimpse of a hand-writing under her name.

The writings read: Beauty is power, a smile is its sword. Have a nice day. Cheers! =D

She smiles and calls off her plan to throw away the cup. So, you like writing a quote on the cup, huh? She takes a mental note to visit the shop again tomorrow and looking forward to the quote she would write on her cup.

She takes a picture of her cup and the writing as well before literally throws away the cup. She doesn’t want to throw that away, but it’s a used cup. So, she doesn’t have a choice. I have it as a picture tho.

==

“Unnie! She’s here!” the young girl excitedly informs the older girl.

“Shhh!” she puts her index finger near the younger girl’s mouth. “Shut up, Mina. Hurry, clean up the table!”

“Huh. You ditch me for her.” She shows a dejected face. Sejeong just shakes her head while smiling.

She shouts their motto as usual when the stunning girl enters the shop.

“Good morning!” Sejeong greets her joyfully.

“You’re looking to their eyes. Good.” She giggles.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world, Miss.” She shows her eyesmile. “May I take your order?”

“The same as yesterday.”

“I presume that you like the coffee?”

“Very.” She shows a thumb up. “What’s in it? I taste strawberry.”

“Correct. It’s Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with a little strawberry sauce and java chips. I drizzled some mocha on top of it.”

“What did you call it?”

“I don’t know. Java Berry, maybe?” Sejeong answers while reaching for a cup.

“You haven’t named it yet?” Somi raises her eyebrow.

“Uh-huh. It’s a special menu. For a special customer.” Sejeong winks playfully.

Somi rolls her eyes. “I like Java Berry.”

“Then, Java Berry it is.” She smiles. “That’ll be four dollars, Miss. And please wait over there.”

Somi feels so weird. It’s only yesterday she met this barista girl, yet she feels so comfortable and relax around new people. Somi is an easy-going person, well what can you say when she’s totally an extrovert. But, she has never been this comfortable around stranger. Maybe Sejeong is also an easy-going person that can get rid of awkward feeling. Sejeong gives this old friend vibes.

“Miss Jeon, your drink is here.” Calls Sejeong.

“I told you to call me Somi, Sejeong.”

“But you still my customer. So, Miss Jeon.” She smiles apologetically.

Somi sighs and picks her drink. “Fine. Thank you for this.”

“My pleasure. Goodbye! Have a nice day!”

“Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter