Taking The First Step

At The First Second of Dawn

Bloop bloop bloop~

 

Min smiled at how her new pet fish was swimming freely in the tank. It was decorated with some Java Ferns and a filter thanks to some tips from Nam Joon earlier. She dropped in a few pellets of fish food, which Nam Joon was so persistent in giving her a packet for free although she had been refusing the idea so badly. There was no need for a staff to treat a customer that well but she relented since he insisted. The fish was already looking much happier, which made her heart at ease.

 

You’re such a loner, she laughed.

 

Changing into her comfortable pajamas, Min slipped into her bed with a cup of hot tea. A hot cup of Chamomile tea always worked wonders in making her fall asleep and she needed it just then after a long day.

 

Zzzz zzzz. The screen from her phone lighted up. Time was close to 12:00AM. Who could it be, she thought. Thinking it may be Ae Ra or the girls, Min quickly grabbed her phone off the table. To her surprise, it was from an unknown number. She was certain it was either a wrong number or a spam message but Min opened the message anyway.

 

New Message (Add to contacts?): Hello~ I’m Kim Namjoon, the staff who attended to you at HS Fish Aquarium earlier. Just wondering how is your fish coping in the new environment?

 

That’s strange, how did he get my number?

 

Min pondered for a moment before remembering she was told to fill up a customer survey form at the counter after making payment earlier. The purpose was to assess the staffs, aka Nam Joon’s, working performance and she thought it was the least she could do to help the poor guy in his work. He looked like a diligent worker and writing in some good points may earn him some cookies with his boss. Min chose to remain anonymous because it was stated on that slip of paper that customers would receive a text a few days later just to make sure the fishes were in good hands. After much persuasion, she finally relented when he told her customers can also get notified with offers, sales and other promotion in the store if they left their name and phone numbers on that slip of paper. Nobody says no to discounts.

 

Snapping back to reality, Min typed back her reply.

 

Min: Oh hi! I think its doing well. Thanks for the tips and the free packet of food. You really shouldn’t have.

 

New Message (Add to contacts?): No biggie! Glad to be of some help.

 

“He really loves his job huh,” Min chuckled at the thought of Nam Joon. “Ah what a long day, I should really go to bed now.”

 

Sipping one more mouthful of Chamomile Tea, Min switched off the room light and snuggled into her covers. The goldfish seemed to be asleep as it was still, swaying slightly in between the ferns.

 

“Goodnight friend. I hope it’ll be a better day tomorrow,” she whispered as events that happened that day started playing in her mind till her eyelids were too heavy to open.

 

A few moments later, there came another text.

 

New Message (Add to contacts?): Feel free to contact me if you have any queries. I’m here to help. Goodnight ^^