Happy Birthday (Baekmin)

Hey Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is a Baekmin chapter dedicated for Minhyun's birthday~ the setting of this story is Baekho's visit to Gocheok Sky Dome for Wannaone's debut. Hope you guys enjoy it!

The way to Gocheok felt very long, like it was never gonna end. Although Baekho had s beside him, he still felt lonely. That day, Baekho and the other Nu'est W members emptied their schedule for the sole purpose of supporting Minhyun's debut. It was supposed to be a happy day since Minhyun would start his flower path way with his temporary group as Wannaone's Minhyun, and Baekho felt compelled to feel happy for his best friend and soulmate. However, Baekho's heart betrayed him. His heart ached so much at the thoughts of being separated with his loved one for about 18 months with almost no contact at all, except for maybe some meetings on music shows.

"We are going to arrive soon. Prepare yourself." JR's voice woke Baekho from his daydream. Baekho buried his sadness deep inside, pretending to be happy for his friend's debut for both that friend's and his sake. Sometimes he felt jealous towards JR and Ren, who got to stay together after the end of the show. But he knew that all of the things that had happened was out of their control, and he had to accept the reality.

Thousands of fans had crowded the venue, waiting for the official debut of the long awaited group. Some fans noticed Baekho's entrance and Baekho tried his best to keep smiling, hiding the bitter side from his bittersweet feeling. He felt a hand squeezed his arm and he saw Ren's gentle smile towards him. Ren was one of his closest friend and the younger must have realized Baekho's sadness despite the smile he displayed. He gave a small nod to the younger, to give assurance that he was fine. He had to be fine.

Soon after, the show started. Fans' scream was so loud that it was deafening the ears. Baekho gave his whole attention to a certain person who was standing on stage, the person he had missed. Watching Minhyun introduced himself as Wannaone member was painful, but watching Minhyun's sincere smile immediately soothed his pain, bringing a smile back to Baekho's face. He glanced to his sides and he could see JR, Ren, and Aron's proud smile for their friend whom they had already considered as a brother.

Minhyun was mesmerizing as always. For Baekho, he was the definition of perfection. The way he moved and stared at the crowd was screaming elegance and iness, and Baekho was captured once again by his charm. Baekho felt like Minhyun's eyes landed on his, and for a second, time stopped for him, but then he thought that it was impossible for Minhyun to recognize him in the middle of thousands of people. Without realizing it, the showcase ended. Not only Minhyun, all the performers had performed perfectly, leaving the crowd in an awe.

"Come on, let's go to the backstage." Baekho was dragged by the other members to the backstage, where they would meet Minhyun. Many people already filled the backstage, most of them were the families of Wannaone members. Baekho recognized Jeon Somi, who must have come to support Daehwi. Some Produce 101 contestants also came to give their support. Baekho focused his eyes on finding Minhyun, who was being hugged by his parents on on side of the room. He quickl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter