Firework

Heartbreak Awaits

Naeun breathed heavily as she looked at the building in front of her, she knew that if she went inside there would be 90% of chance that she’d see him. But she needed to talk to them. She was in standing in front of the SHINee dorm. 
You are Son Naeun. She told herself as she made her way to the entrance, the watchman bowed to her as he held the door open. She walked with her head high, shoulders squared. She looked around at the building she’d set up, with Minho and Onew busy with their dramas, Jonghyun releasing solo albums, key busy with a modeling and solo career, and Taemin in the army. They didn’t have time to personalize their building and asked her to do it. 
As she walked on the white marble floor, she couldn’t help but notice that the walls were mostly decorated by her painting, some were also from her artists. This was the case in most of her friend’s houses too, most of them were gifted to them by her but there were also lots that they bought. She sometimes wondered if it was out of appreciation for her work or they felt obliged to do so since she was a friend. She hoped it was the former.
When she reached the door of their recreation pad, she shut her eyes tight. She gripped the cold doorknob, hoping against hope that Lee Taemin won’t be sitting on the other side ready to give her that signature smirk she loathed.
She opened the door with a bang and yelled, “Which one of you gave the permission or the address to the devil to show up in my office first thing in the morning?!” she glared at all of them. On any other day, naeun would laugh at the scene in front of her. Key had spilled coffee over himself, probably surprised by naeun. Minho stared at her agape, with messy bed hair. He was taking a nap. And Jonghyun just looked at naeun like he had seen a witch from a horror movie while Onew was nowhere to be found.
“Who?” Minho asked once he snapped out of it.
“your beloved maknae!” naeun stomped towards the couch and sat next to key while Minho got up looking for tissues, muttering something about spilling the beans.
“w-we don’t know anything about that… what are you talking about?” Jonghyun asked genuinely confused.
“you stuttered. What are you hiding?” she looked at Jonghyun accusingly.
“you literally barged into our office and scared the wits out of us naeun, you expect me to be able to speak fluent French after that?” Jonghyun raised his eyebrow at her.
“ah! I don’t know what is even happening anymore!” she whines, looking at Key and mouthing a sorry.
“what’s happening?” Onew stands in the doorway, trying to flash a smile but giving up when he noticed naeun.
“What happened, what did Taemin do?” Minho asked, now genuinely concerned while waving Onew to drag a chair and sit in the semi-circle that he had made in front of naeun.
“the person comes to my office, sits in my office, looks me in the eye and talks about making some stupid deal!” her voice starts getting louder and louder as she put her face in her hands, rubbing her temples.
“What deal?” key asks, totally confused.
“I don’t know something where he wanted hand painted stuff for his comeback. Why didn’t one of the creative directors or set designers come for that?” naeun asked them.
Onew clenches his jaw and looks over at Jonghyun, “call Taemin.” he says, his voice cold and commanding.
“we didn’t know he was coming to ask you, the idea was just finalized yesterday.” Minho told naeun as quickly as possible.
“He’s on his way.” Jonghyun piped, walking towards the four.
“Oh no no no.” naeun got up and started walking towards the door, “I’ve had my uninvited Lee Taemin quota for today, please tell him never to show up in front of me ever again.” She grabbed the doorknob.
“Naeun-ah” key called out to her.
“No, please! I really can’t do it.” She turned around and looked at Key.
“Don’t run away, naeun-ah.” she heard Jonghyun's voice.
“No,” she whispered, turning towards him, “I need to run away. the last time I didn’t run away from him, he ruined me.” She felts hot tears run down her face. Dammit! “this time, I'm going to run away so fast, that he won’t even be able to catch up.” She continued, shaking her head. “I can’t, I just really can’t,” she sobbed, “let him ruin me again.” She turned around, ready to run away but bumped into someone’s chest.
She knew who it was, she knew his scent way too well. he wore the same suit he wore in the morning, she didn’t want to let him see her cry, didn’t want to show him the effect he still had on her. She could feel his lips almost touching her hairline. She kept looking down, refusing to look up when she heard him whisper, “No one’s here to ruin you.”
Naeun’s blood boiled, her nostrils flared as she raised her head with a cold, deathly glare. Taemin’s heart clenched as he saw her tear stricken face, he balled his hands in his pocket to resist engulfing her in his arms.
Slap!
Taemin stayed like that for an extended second, looking at the floor. He couldn’t look at her, he was ashamed and he had no excuse.
“It still disgusts me that I fell in love with a man like you.” Naeun spat, her anger not concealed one bit as she walked away just like he did all those years ago.
Taemin kept looking down, he had nothing to say to the people in front of him either.
“Why did you go there?” Onew asked his tone stern and scrutinizing.
“The divorce was finalized today.” he whispered.
 

___________________________________________________________

So guys, I know it's really vague right now, I swear chapter 3 will have answers to what's actually happening and all the character's backstory in detail.

Also, I made it to seven subs in a day! I know it's not much but to me it mean's a great deal since 7 people actually subscribed. Thank you for the 100 views too! 

Lots of love :*