FORTRESS 01

Fortress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   INCHEON International Airport was packed with all sorts of people from around the world. Amidst the crowd, there stood a petite eighteen-year old with a mixture of boredom and anxious look on her face. She had a sharp, almost cat-like eyes, straight nose and pink lips while her long hair reached the middle of her back. Her name was Jeon Somin. She sighed as Korea welcomed her with a heavy rain. She heaved another long breath as her eyes wondered around, taking in the scenery before her. There were people holding up signs and people who were hugging each other with tears of joy, probably, falling down to their face.

   Here I am, after 3 years of leaving this place.. she thought.

   She began to feel awkward as she stood there without company with her huge blue luggage on her side. “Where is Jiwoo..” She muttered under her breath, scanning the crowd for a familiar look. She kept her eyes peeled until she could feel it sweating that she had to rub her eyes under her round glasses to clear her sight.

   As if on cue, a girl with a slightly husky voice shouted, “SOMIN!”

   Somin looked to her left and saw a petite blonde girl wearing a pair of tight jeans and maroon hoodie waving enthusiastically at her. “Oh my god, Jiwoo!” She ran to the girl and they hugged each other tightly. "Girl! Don't you look hot!" She said as soon as they parted and took a few steps back to scan her from head to toe.

   “I look like a pig now, don't I?” Jiwoo pouted.

   "Uh-uh," she shook her head and leaned in to whisper. "Your assets are more enhanced now." She smirked.

   "Yah! Omomo where's my innocent Somin?" She jokingly gaped but then she shrugged. "Well, I guess it proves that you just came from a western country. Besides, my innocence are long gone from my boyfriend. You can keep up now." She said as she took Somin's luggage from her hand.

    It is now Somin's turn to gape. But then she threw a knowing look to her. "How's he?" She asked as they started walking towards the exit, linking arms.

   "Perfectly showering me with love all day everyday."

   Somin had actually known Jiwoo since they were kids. They went to the same primary school together and stuck together a lot. They also attended high school together but due to her parents’ separation, Somin decided to move out from South Korea to start anew and finished her remaining high school in United Kingdom. They still kept in touch with each other and Jiwoo had actually visited her there twice throughout the three years. Their parents were also close enough to know each other. To Somin, Jiwoo was her one and only best friend. She knew her inside out and vice versa.

 

   “Welcome to Korea, baby girl!” Jiwoo shouted as soon as they entered the car.

   Somin rolled her eyes but then her expression softened. “Thanks Jiwoo-ah. It'd probably took me months to settle down if it wasn't for you.” It was true. Jiwoo was the one who had been helping her a lot on searching for places to stay, physically checking the lots for her as well as registering for the university.

   “Ugh, you should’ve just stayed at my house for like, forever and you don’t have to spend money on rental or stuffs.” She put on an annoyed expression as the car stopped at the traffic light.

   “It’s just a small apartment, and I've troubled you enough.” Somin said firmly as if putting an end to that topic. "So, since we're starting school tomorrow, I'm probably gonna see him, right?"

   She flicked her eyes towards Somin immediately, an expression of mixed anxious and puzzled. "Who?"

   Somin threw and incredulous look towards Jiwoo. "Your boyfriend, duh?!"

   The instant look of relied flooded her face immediately and Somin couldn't help but notice it. "Why? Who were you thinking about?"

   "Oh, nothing," she said and forced a laugh. "I completely forgot tomorrow's going to be your first time meeting him face to face!" She slightly raised her voice, trying to look excited.

   It worked on Somin. "I know, right?!" She replied back enthusiastically.

   "What's the address again?" Jiwoo asked, keen to change the subject.

   “Oh, hang on.” Somin looked up on her iPhone and reread the address. “It’s Green Heights.. oh, there! I can see the entrance!” She shouted as she pointed to the right.

   The security guard stopped them and Jiwoo muttered, “Huh, at least it has some decent security so I don’t really have to be worried.”
   “Of course they do.” She rolled her eyes.

 

   THE APARTMENT was quite spacious. It had an open living room with a particularly nice, both simple and sophisticated design. The living room was als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter