006

Lucky One

He wraps his hand around her waist as they’re entering the ball room. there are a lot of people from politicians, businessman and vice president. they greet their parents' colleagues before walks to Jaehyun's parents.

“good evening uncle and auntie” she greets Jaehyun’s parents

“evening, sweety… you look beautiful” Mrs. Jung gives compliment to her before kissing both of her cheeks

“where’s your parents?” Mr. Jung asks her

“I think they're talking with their friends”

“mom… dad please excuse us; we want to meet our friend”

“okay son” Mr. Jungs smiles and pats Jaehyun's back


 

Jaehyun and Hye Jin approach their friends. Suho, Taeyeong, Ji Yeong and Jongin gather near a table. Taeyeong is CEO of Hanhwa Group. He graduated from Seoul National University along with Suho. He’s friend with Suho and had crush to Hye Jin. But now, He treats Hye Jin like his little sister. He has brother, Lee Taemin. Taemin is COO of Hanhwa Group, He's friend with Jongin, Kyungsoo and Sehun. They attended the same High school.

"unni..." she greets Ji Yeong before taking a glass of champagne from waitress

Ji Yeong smiles to her. Ji Yeong wears Silk crêpe de Chine with cut-work embroidery and button detailing dress from Paolo Sebastian. the dress shows her long sling legs perfectly. Hye Jin looks around.

"where's Taemin oppa?" she asks Taeyeong

“he has something to do in Tokyo”

“Jongin-ah...” girl voice calls from behind them

They look at voice source and find one of their friends. Jung Krystal, CEO of LG Group and she is Jaehyun’s cousin. She graduated from Tokyo University. She's friends with Jongin too and Jongin had crush on her but she left town without news after they graduated from High School. Jongin felt heartbroken and mad at her. She was back to Seoul five months ago after her father chose to become the new CEO of LG Group but she never met her friends since she back to Seoul.

“Hi! Krystal” Taeyong is the first one greets her

“unni…long time no see” she greets before kissing both her cheeks

“hi Jongin… you look same” she smiles and kissing both of his cheeks

“what a surprise to see you here after years ago” Jongin mocks and gives smirk to her

there's a silence because of Jongin's words. They know how mad Jongin to her when she left them without news. Compared to all of them, Jongin was the one who felt angry but he can't forget about his feeling towards her after meeting Ji Yeong. 

“unni.. I miss you.." Hye Jin breaks the silence

"why didn't tell me that you and him are cousin? I was surprise when saw your photo at his home" she comments

"I'm sorry... I don't even know he's dating you until he called me three months... yes three months ago"

"ah unni, this is Ji Yeong, oppa's girlfriend" she introduces Ji Yeong to her

"oppa? Suho oppa?"

"no... Jongin oppa" she chuckles

“girlfriend?” she mutters and gives a hand shake


 

The time passes, they see their friends are coming. Kyungsoo comes with Seulgi. Kyungsoo always become Seulgi's knight for event like this. and Doyoung with Wendy. Kyungsoo is CEO of Hanjin Group. He’s the smartest amongst his best friends. Wendy is heiress of Hyundai Group. She’s friend with Hye Jin for long time ago. She’s cheerful and playful. She attends liberal arts school in Korea University while Kim Doyoung heir of GS Group. He attends business school with Jaehyun. He’s leader of Ho-Jin Hwe (theatre appreciation and critique club). Doyoung and Wendy have kind of 'thing' but they won't admitted yet.

“hey, Precious” a male wraps his hand around Hye Jin’s waist from behind and kisses side of her head

She so surprise by the sudden action from a guy beside her. she looks up and the guy beside her is Oh Sehun, Lotte Group Chairman's only son and Hye Jin's ex-boyfriend. They were dating in High school, but Sehun only dated her for his own benefit, for his own image. He didn't take their relationship seriously, he played behind her back. their relationship last for 2 years. At the end of their relationship, She caught Sehun was kissing other girl, he didnt feel guilty so she's hate him so much. She didn't tell her brothers about it because she afraid to ruin their relationship. And now he is back. He just finished his business school in Colombia University and now back to Seoul.

“Oh Sehun...” she gasps as she pulls his hand from her waist

Jaehyun looks annoyed. He gives her gaze: she can feel his cold gaze. She move closer to Jaehyun and grabs his hand.

“Oh Sehun!” Jongin exclaims and pats his back.

“you’re back, brat”

Jongin, Krystal and Kyungsoo give warm hug for him follow by Suho and Taeyeong. Sehun looks at Hye Jin confuse

"you're not giving me a warm hug?"

She silent and minutes later she shakes her head. Jongin looks at his sister, he can feels her sister feel uncomfortable by Sehun presence but she can't help it, Sehun is their friend and she's at Lotte Group party. Jaehyun looks at Hye Jin's face curious. why she acts like that? like she really hate that guy but the guy isnt. 

“Sehun-ah... this is Jaehyun, SK Group’s son and her boyfriend” Jongin introduces Jaehyun