Promise

Complicated

Woojin did not know how and why he end up roaming around in one of the convenience store far away from their dorm. All he remember was winning the rock paper scissor together with Minhyun hyung. 

"Woojin-ah" he has been standing like a statue for the past two minutes while waiting for his hyung to finish the payment. It's embarrassing since people started to throw glance at him. What a weird kid. 

He turned his head and saw Minhyun hyung carried two plastic bags of god knows what inside. Being an obedient kid he is, he hurriedly took the plastic bags from his hyung, earning him a smile and a pat on the back. 

"I still need to buy some things, can you wait here for a moment?" Minhyun hyung asked him, his dainty fingers pointing at a store just across the one they are currently at. Woojin only nodded and decided to sit on one of the bench outside the store. 

His mind wandering to possible lunch menu he can make since it seems like he won the rock paper scissor only to be pointed as a chef of the day or something. He was still thinking about whether he should cook chicken or meat when he hear a familiar voice. He looked left and right and the moment his eyes landed on certain figure, he swear he can't breath. 

Woojin tried his best to ducked down because he will never ready to meet the other after breaking their promise to stay together forever. How weird and lame it sounds now he is thinking about it again. However, one can't really hide themselves from someone they knew for a long time. Not to mention, people always stole glance at Woojin like he is a rare species or something. 

 

"Woojin? Park Woojin?"

A pause. Woojin has a panic attack and he cant bring himself to look at the other.

"Ya Woojinie!" A pinch on his cheek which causing an unmanly shriek from him. He turned his head, his eyes meet with the eyes he swear always sparkling. 

"Ugh what are you doing here?" Nice one woojin, you are weird. 

The other only laugh and shook his head in disbelief. "I should be asking you that, this store is near my company, what are you doing here Mr. Park woojin?" 

Okay first of all, Woojin misses this boy so much like he misses his annoying laugh and beautiful smile. Second, he is not from Seoul so he didn't really know the area. He was practically dragged here by Minhyun hyung. 

Seeing the confused face on Woojins, the other boy chuckled "Wait here" he said alas. Woojin didnt have any choice but to sit back and wait for his friend to come back. He feels so ridiculous for not knowing what to do but its been like this in front of the same boy since the first time they met. 

From the corner of his eyes, he can still see people stole glance at him whenever they exit or enter the store. He only sighed and looked at Minhyun hyung across the street still rummaging through some things inside a basket. Then someone sit beside him, the boy hands him a popsicle, strawberry one or his favorite. He smiled at the boy "thanks seobie" 

Hyungseob grinned and begin to eat his own popsicle. The two enjoyed their popsicles in silent for a while, the atmosphere is so good, its not awkward and the silence is comfortable. 

"So, how are you?" Hyungseob asked him, the sound of them eating their popsicle is so loud that Woojin is kinda flustered.

"I'm fine yeah..great. A little bit busy but its alright." 

"Oh...." Hyungseob nodded in acknowledgment. Park Woojin you should asked him back you moron. 

Woojin didnt understand how he can't find his voice and he really think he should say something, anything right now.

"I miss you" . its not this. 

He can see from the corner of his eyes that his friend stopped eating the popsicle, his hand froze mid air. 

"like yeah its been a while..." Woojin mumbles mostly to himself because this is just too awkward. He didnt remember holding his breath but he exhaled in relief when he can hear Hyungseobs laugh beside him, his shoulder shaking uncontrollably. 

"Woojinnie, whats with your face?" Hyungseob poked his cheek, he still laughing at whatever he thinks is funny. "I miss you too, you know." He added and Woojin smiled, the biggest since they announced his debut.  They are only looking at each other and Woojin chest tightens with the strange feeling he felt whenever he is around Hyungseob. He want to let it out, want to say anything to let his feeling known. 

"Hyungseob..." 

"Hm" The boy tilted his head cutely. Stop.

"I.."

"Woojinah!! Help me!!" 

What a nice timing. Woojin really like Minhyun hyung but this time he wanted to curse. The said boy only smiled weakly at Hyungseob.

"Is that Minhyun hyung?" Seob asked him as his eyes looking at the figure that was jumping in excitement across the street. Woojin nods his head but his eyes never leave the boy. 

"Ugh i think i need to go." He sighed. His friend looking at him and smiled softly

"Let's meet again on the stage, when I debut." Hyungseob said, there is a certainty on his eyes. He gave Woojin his pinky finger and both of them linked their fingers together. 

"Promise?"

"Yes. Promise"

This time, Woojin hopes neither of them will break their promise.