Eleven

LOVE : Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lee Amy's POV

1st August 2017

"Anybody who is looking at you right now will be thinking that you are watching a romance movie." Ri Mae said while looking at me with an amused expression.

We were watching a horror movie in my apartment since both of us were free from schedules for the day. Both me and Ri Mae sat side by side on the couch facing the TV. It was a three-sitter couch but somehow she sat so near towards me that I was pressed towards the arm rest, leaving me with no space to move. She was sitting with her knees folded to her chest while hugging a pillow that was resting on her knees which obscured her view from the TV. I sat with my legs crossed while holding a bowl of popcorns. The movie was one of Aeri-ssi's project. I have always wanted to watch this movie since it garnered a lot of attention for its storyline but couldn't due to busy schedules. It was not like the typical horror movies whereby they were just plain scary due to the sound effects and the make up without a proper storyline. As expected of Aeri-ssi's project.

"Luckily we are not in a theater otherwise the ticket money will be a waste. What do you watch if you keep covering your face with the pillow?" I while popping popcorns into my mouth with my eyes glued to the TV, fully concentrating on the movie.

She snorted. "That's what normal people do! Nobody watch a horror movie with a calm expression while stuffing popcorns into their mouth!" 

I quirked an eyebrow. "Really? Then what is the point of watching if you are going to cover your face most of the time?"

"Well.. for adrenaline?" She gave a cocky grin.

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, normally couples watch horror movies so that the guy will cuddle the girl. How I wish I have a boyfriend right now to cuddle me.." She sighed.

I snuggled closer to her. "Do you want me to cuddle you instead?" I asked, looking at her with a mischevious smile.

She backed away a little and showed me a disgusted face. "Eww.. no way!"

"Tch..then get out of my apartment." I kicked her legs, acting as though I was offended.

"Aww..don't be so cruel..it's just a joke.." She hugged me with puppy eyes.

"You only said that because you don't want to leave." I feigned a sulky face.

"That's because I want to stay longer with you." She smiled and hugged tighter.

I turned back to look at the TV. "Yea yea.." I purposely let out a long sigh looking resigned while munching my popcorns looking as though I dont believe her.

She let go of me and slapped my arm. "Hey! Do you really think I dislike you cuddling me?" She said looking upset.

"Wow wow.. can you please chill? I was also joking with you." I smiled, amused with her sudden change of expression.

She looked away. "I dont like when you do that." She muttered.

"Woah.. you can joke with me but I can't joke with you?" I looked at her in disbelief.

"No. It's just that I dont like when you think that I dislike you."

"I knew you were just joking so I just played along with you. Why are you taking it seriously when I'm not?"

"Really?" She looked at me curiously.

"Of course! Don't you know me?"

"Nope. I will never know what you are thinking." She said with a serious tone.

Both of us stared at each other. She was staring at me with anticipation as though she was waiting for me to say something that she wished to hear.

What does she expect me to say? "What do you mean by that?" I asked not knowing what she was implying.

She sighed. "Anyway, aren't you suppose to be rehearsing for your script reading? Are you that confident already?" She tried to divert the topic by teasing me.

I continue staring at her, feeling dumbfounded. What was that just now? "Ri Mae.. What are you-"

Before I can complete my sentence, I heard someone punching the passcode of my apartment door.

"Is that who I think it is?" she asked looking at the door.

"Who?" I asked back wanting to know whether she guessed correctly.

"Your sister." She said smugly.

"Bingo."

"I'm not surprised if a stranger barge into your apartment though.. you used the same number for ages already." She snickered.

I slapped her arm.

"Hey! It hurts!" She rubbed her arm with a scowl on her face.

"Oh man. Now is the . Why must she come at the most interesting part?" I complained.

"You can just continue watching it. It's going to end soon anyway." She said it like no big deal.

Before I can reply her, my sister opened the door dragging her luggage.

"Ha. I knew it's still the same pass-" She screamed before she can continue her sentence.

"Eiiiiii! Turn off the TV now! Oh my god! It's so gross!" She covered her eyes.

"Now you know what I'm talking about." I told Ri Mae as I turned off the TV. "Hey Big Sis! Still a scaredy cat as always.." I teased.

"Yo Little Sis! Since when do you like watching horror movies?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know.. since ages ago?" I shrugged.

"Hi Unni!" Ri Mae waved at my sis.

"Why do I always see you whenever I come here? It's like this is your home. Aren't you supposed to be working?" She rolled her eyes.

"Well.. my second home to be exact. And nope.. I dont have any projects these few days, so, I'm free from schedules at the moment." Ri Mae grinned.

A little girl with two ponytails then popped out from behind my sister, hugging my sister's leg.

"Hey little Jinri!"

"Jinri! Come here!"

"Aunty Mimi! Aunty Maymay!" She ran towards us and climbed on our couch squeezing herself between the two of us and drapped her arms over our necks pulling us closer to her to hug the both of us.

I patted her head. "Wow..big girl you are already!"

She giggled.

"Who do you miss more? Me or Aunty Mimi?" Ri Mae asked playfully.

"Of course is me! Right Jinri?"

"No, I miss Aunty Maymay more." She giggled.

"Yay! High five!" Both of them high-fied each other.

I tickled her. "So naughty huh.."

"Hehehehehe..Aunty Mimi! I miss Aunty Mimi more!"

"That's good." I smirked at Ri Mae. She stuck out her tongue.

"Both of you are acting like kids." My sis shook her head.

"Oh yeah.. Unni!" Ri Mae addressed my sis.

"Yea?"

"I heard from Amy that you got a new job here..Congratulations!" She congratulated cheerfully.

"Thanks." My sis gave a friendly punch on Ri Mae's arm.

"Amy said you are looking for an accommodation.. have you found already?"

"Not yet.. I guess I have to stay here for the timebeing." She grinned at me sheepishly.

"Unni..you know I don't mind right? You can stay for as long as you want.. In fact, you don't have to search for one.. there is spare room here.." I assured her.

"Yea..Unni.. it's better to use her spare room, otherwise it will only collect dust.." Ri Mae snickered.

I glared at her. "Says the person who never cleans her room." I grumbled.

"Nah.. I want to find one that is near to my workplace and also near Jinri's school. By the way, when are you going to change your passcode? Are you still thinking of him? How many years has it been already, huh.." My sis showed me a concerned look.

Ri Mae looked at me with a confused expression and then turned to look at my sister. "Wait. What do you mean him? Did Amy had a boyfriend?"

"You didn't tell her?" My sis looked at me in surprise.

"I-" I struggled to explain. "It was in the past. He's my ex anyway. There's no need for you to know."

"There's no need for you to know huh.." Ri Mae repeated my words bitterly.

"I-" I tried to explain.

She cut me off. "I told you everything about me, Amy! I even told you about all of my ex boyfriends even though they were bad memories because you are my best friend! And what? There's no need for you to know?!" She looked at me with an incredulous expression.

"Ri Mae.. It slipped off my mind.."

"Slipped off your mind?! How about the time when I asked about the passcode? Why didn't you tell me about him? What about the time when I told you about my ex boyfriends? You could have told me at that time!" She gave me an unbelievable look.

"You never ask me!" I exclaimed.

"What?! Why must you wait until I ask you? I even told you all of my problems without you asking me."

"That's because I'm willing to hear...."

She scoffed. "And what? I'm not willing to hear? Do you think so little of me?" She looked at me with a hurtful expression.

"I..no.. that's not it.. who knows you will feel irritated if I keep ranting to you.."

"Irritated?! You never trusted me at all after all these years of knowing each other.." She said bitterly. 

"Of course I trusted you! It's just that I have never thought of it because it was in the past..  of course I will tell you if I have a current boyfriend....."

"It's not only that you know.. you never tell me your problems.. you never rely on me.. Am I not good enough friend for you?"

"No! You are my only best friend! You know that very well! It's just that I'm used to handling my own problems.. I don't want to trouble you!"

"That's the problem! What are best frien

Please log in to read the full chapter