Sulay Staying Afloat

Staying Afloat

Lay loves food. Not because it tastes good. Not because he needs it to live. Rather, because it’s straightforward. There’s nothing hiding under the food, no tricks. It’s just food.

 

To him it’s like his cupcakes are equations and he must use certain formulas and algorithms to solve them. Certain numbers make it sweeter, others make it more bitter. Some make it moist, other’s dry. It’s simple to Lay.

 

Food either tastes good or it doesn’t. Lay finds comfort in this black and white comparison. And he’s a master at making his food taste good. He prides himself in it. He prides himself in his ability to manipulate the numbers, change the formula on a whim according to what he thinks his customers might like.

 

With food it’s all on the surface. However this is not the same for most things in life. And although Lay’s understanding of food can be applied to certain things, for others it causes him to be embarrassingly oblivious. When he sees everything as simply as he sees food, he’s failing to take in account the natural dishonesty and deception that’s all around him.

 

This is the case on the Monday morning that a man with raven black hair walks into his bakery.

 

Lay’s lips curve upwards into his classic blinding smile.

 

“Welcome to Lay’s Bakery!” He greets happily, and the man responds by adjusting his bangs, acknowledging Lay with a small nod.

 

Lay’s smile is enough to disarm most people and that’s when he offer his sweets, the cheapest first, and then slowly increasing the price, all the while sprinkling in chuckles to make the customer feel at home. Because he’s in competition with so many other bakeries, Lay has to squeeze as much money as he can out of the customers that come in.

 

Lay eyes the customer down. He’s wearing dark tight jeans and converse, with a simple black shirt. This would suggest his confidence and Lay would often leave customers like that to choose something to buy on their own. However the way he carries himself, shoulders slouched and bangs covering part of his eyes makes Lay think he might be shy and more unwilling to initiate a purchase. Lay narrows his eyes, he’ll have to take a risk here. Offering a specific food before the customer has had time to make a choice of their own can be disastrous, however if the raven-haired man is as shy as Lay suspects, it’s probably the best course of action.

 

“Can I interest you in our newest red velvet cupcake?” Lay offers up a cupcake dusted with red on a napkin. The man seems taken aback by the sudden offering.

 

“Oh, sure” He stutters, and Lay’s smile widens.

 

That was easy.

 

He packages the cupcake in a box. He is about to recommend adding in a simple chocolate cupcake to compliment the red velvet when-

 

“What else do you have?” The man asks.

 

Lay raises an eyebrow curiously. A question? Maybe he’s not as shy as Lay thought.

 

“Well I recommend the chocolate cupcake to compliment the red velvet.” The man nods and Lay pulls out the chocolate cupcake. He prepares that also and the man suddenly points at a cupcake with green icing near the bottom of the rack.

 

“That one also.” He says, and Lay smirks. He has no problem with that.

 

The man moves over to sit at a stool near the counter. He watches as Lay bends over to take the mint cupcake. The man his lips, admiring the baker’s rear end. Lay straightens up with the cupcake in hand, not noticing the other man eyeing him.

 

“That one also.” The man adds, pointing to a vanilla cupcake with rainbow sprinkles beside the one Lay just took. Lay pauses a moment, considering this.

 

Is he just listing out cupcakes? It doesn’t seem like he has a specific theme in mind or taste. It seems random. Lay shrugs, he doesn’t mind as long the man ends up buying all of them in the end. He once again bends over to take that cupcake and the man leans forward in his stool, checking out Lay’s . And once again Lay doesn’t notice as he straightens himself up and packages this cupcake also.

 

“Anything else?” Lay asks, not sure what to expect from the man anymore.

 

“Yes. Your name.” The man requests, flashing a smirk. Lay returns the favour, smiling brightly, he points to the front of the bakery, “It says Lay’s Bakery there.”

 

The man shakes his head, “No I mean your real name. It’s not Lay is it?” He asks although Lay suspects he already knows the answer.

 

“No.” Lay responds. “It’s Zhang Yixing.” He adds, seeing no harm in giving out his name. If it’ll make this man buy cupcakes he’ll give out his address. After all he’s just here to buy cupcakes, why else would someone come to a bakery?

 

“That’s a nice name,” The man comments, and Lay replies with a smile, sort of wishing this man would just get on with his purchase.

 

“Now, is that everything?” He asks again, and the man gets up from his stool.

 

“Yep, how much is it?”

 

Lay totals up the four cupcakes, “6 dollars and 28 cents.”

 

The man pulls out a five dollar bill and two one dollar bills. As Lay is placing all his cupcakes in a bag, the man casually holds the bills up to Lay, and then drops them on the floor.

 

“Oops. Thought you were ready.” He apologizes, and Lay shoots him another smile, briefly wondering how many smiles he’s had to flash already. He bends over to pick up the bills and the man once again leans over the counter to take a peek. And Lay once again doesn’t notice as he hands the man his change.

 

“Hey, Yixing, honestly, I don’t know how to say this…” The man begins, scratching back of his neck embarrassed. “See, I want to bake some cupcakes for my mom on her birthday rather than buy them all the time but I’m just not good enough, could you maybe, teach me? I’ll pay obviously. I mean, if it’s not too much trouble?” He asks, and for some reason Lay almost refuses although he’s not sure why. He could always use the extra money and he did enjoy teaching people how to bake. Teaching them the formulas and algorithms. He smiles one last time, nodding. “Sure.”

 

The raven haired man smirks, “Great. Today I’ll come pick you up at closing time? We can do it at my house, after all that’s where I’ll probably be making the real thing.” He explains and Lay sees no problem with this. But he does see Junmyeon having a problem with it. “Could we do it here instead?” He offers.

 

The man frowns for a second before shrugging, “Works for me.”

 

A friendly wave and the man is out of the door and Lay is feeling pretty good about himself. He just sold 4 cupcakes which usually doesn’t happen, and he also got a quick job. Now to just explain it to Junmyeon, which may prove to be a little hard but over the years he’s gotten pretty good at convincing his boyfriend.

 

Before he starts to plan how he’ll manage to sway his stubborn boyfriend, the door swings open with the telltale chime.

 

“How goes the bakery?”

 

A smile spreads across Lay’s face, a genuine one this time. “Minseok!” He greets cheerfully, moving around the counter to give his best friend a hug.

 

“It’s so good to see yo- what the are you wearing?” Lay deadpans, as he stares wide-eyed at his friend’s outfit.

 

First of all he’s wearing jeans which is already a very severe no-no for Minseok. Second, those jeans are ripped. And not just one small rip that Lay would write off as the wear and tear of clothing. No, there are multiple large rips on these jeans enough to expose large sections of Minseok’s legs. And they’re tight. They hug Minseok’s thighs highlighting the muscle and Lay can only imagine how great his friend’s looks like. And on top Minseok is sporting an uncharacteristically tight button down with the first 2 buttons undone revealing some of his tan muscular chest and shoulders.

 

Eventually Lay tears his eyes away from his friend’s seriously y outfit to notice that his cheeks are dusted with a very light blush.

 

Minseok self consciously covers himself up with his broad arms, “C-Chen made me wear it… I feel so stupid.” He mumbles, widening Lay’s smile even further.

 

“You look really able.” He observes, and Minseok nearly chokes on his spit.

 

“W-What?!” Minseok sputters, clearly unaware of how insanely hot he looks. Lay approaches him, dusting his shirt off and taking a look at his .

 

“Yah!” Minseok whacks air as Lay’s head ducks just out of his reach. Lay purses his lips, nodding.

 

“Yep.” He concludes, as if the answer is obvious. Minseok simply an eyebrow at him, “What?”

 

“You’re getting laid tonight.” Lay decides, as if it’s his decision whether Minseok get’s laid. Minseok widens his eyes in shock, “H-Huh?! Laid?! That’s what this means?” He stammers, and then suddenly remembers the look Chen had on his face when this outfit was suggested.  

 

“I bought these and they don’t fit me, you should wear them.”

 

“Huh? These don’t fit you?” Minseok holds up the pants and button down, scanning the lengths in his mind. “They actually seem exactly your size,” He comments. Chen rolls his eyes and shoves his boyfriend into the bathroom, “Just get changed!” He commands and Minseok has no choice but to fit on the clothes.

 

 

“They’re so tight!” He complains from the bathroom.

 

Chen smirks, “Good,” He says under his breath.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“I said you’re doing great honey just try your best!” Chen sits himself down on the couch in their living room as he waits in anticipation for his boyfriend to appear and-

 

Holy .

 

Minseok is trying to button up the rest of his shirt and Chen thanks god it’s too tight to even attempt buttoning all the way. Chen clears his throat, ignoring the tightening in his pants. “You look, good.” He squeaks, his eyes drifting down from Minseok’s blushing face to his easily outlined muscular torso and down to the obvious bulge that is highlighted by his tight pants. Chen turns away immediately because he has a deadline to meet but he also wants Minseok to him right there. He takes a deep breath, “You don’t have work tonight right?” He simply asks, and sees Minseok shake his head no from the corner of his eye.

 

“Good.” He says and then turns back to take another look at Minseok’s mouth watering body. Chen does a sort of wave at him, “Oh and you have to wear this outfit all day.” He adds, trying very hard not to betray the desperation in his voice.

 

“All day?” Minseok questions, trying to fit his hands into the impossibly small pockets. Chen vigorously nods, “Yes. No more questions.” He says, and then grabs his laptop and an opened bag of chips.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I uhh, need to go, out.” Chen simply responds, and almost wants to add that he’s also afraid if he has to hang around Minseok dressed like that, it won’t be long before those clothes are off of him and Chen wants to put that off for as long as possible. Because when Minseok is done work he’s always sweaty and a hot and wet Minseok in that outfit is something that Chen must see before he dies.

 

Minseok is shaking his head as it dawns on him and he feels his ears go red in embarrassment at the fact that he hadn’t noticed his boyfriend’s reaction.

 

“Anyway, what are you doing here? Don’t you have work?” Lay questions, briefly fantasizing about how his Junmyeon would look dressed in an extremely tight and flattering outfit like Minseok’s. A shiver shoots through him at the thought and he mentally thanks Chen for this genius idea.

 

Minseok makes his way to the counter, sitting at a stool. “I’m on my break.”

 

“Ah.”

 

“So how are you and Junmyeon?” He asks, while scanning the assortment of cupcakes available.

 

“Great!” Lay responds, a little too quickly and Minseok senses this, narrowing his eyes.

 

“Yixing…” He sighs.

 

Lay shrugs in response, “It’s nothing. Well, this customer wants me to teach him how to bake today after work and it’s probably just gonna be me and him and you know how Junmyeon gets-”

 

“Terrifying.” Minseok glances up at Lay almost challenging him about the fact that his boyfriend is pretty damn scary. Lay however is nodding, “Yep. Terrifying.” He agrees.

 

“I just have to convince him it’s  a good idea.” Lay explains. Even as he says it Lay realizes how hard it will be to talk some sense into Junmyeon. Whenever it concerns Lay and his safety, his boyfriend is incredibly stubborn.

 

“Wait, who is this man?” Minseok suddenly asks, taking on a more serious tone than before.

 

“He was here before you,” Lay recalls the man’s odd clothing, “He was wearing all black.”

 

“And you’d never seen him before?”

 

Lay shakes his head no.

 

“So, he just asks you to help teach him randomly?” Minseok questions skeptically.

 

“Yeah…” A frown crosses Lay’s face as he starts to really consider what the raven haired man had come for.

 

“Did anything else happen?” Minseok probes.

 

“He asked me for my name… And also his choice of cupcakes seemed sort of random, like he was-”

 

“Just buying cupcakes for the sake of buying cupcakes?” Minseok finishes Lay’s sentence, and then runs his hand through his hair in exasperation at his friend’s stupidity.

 

“Yeah, how did you know?” Lay asks, completely oblivious.

 

“Lay, he’s obviously interested in you.”

 

“What?! He is?” Lay widens his eyes and shock and Minseok nods at him.

 

“Why else would he want to be alone with you? Also asking for your real name? He doesn’t need your real name to buy cupcakes. It’s textbook flirtation.” Minseok explains, and can’t resist a little snicker at Lay’s surprised face. He really does wonder how his friend survived all this time without him.

 

“What do I do?” Lay suddenly asks, now not sure of how to proceed. He loves his boyfriend very much and isn’t interested on cheating on him. But if the man wants to learn how to bake he doesn’t want to refuse, possibly losing a customer.

 

Minseok shrugs as if the answer is obvious.

 

“You have to shut him down.” He simply responds.

 

“Shut him down?” Lay repeats, testing how the words feel rolling of his tongue and there’s something distasteful about them. He’s had to reject crushes before but those were in high school where no one invested too much into their feelings and everyone expected relationships to crash and burn within one month. However, in the real world, Lay isn’t exactly sure what to do.

 

He’d been drowning in his work during university and hadn’t dated anyone. Right after school ended, Junmyeon was the first person he went out with and in his heart Lay knew he would be the last. But he didn’t anticipate someone else liking him.

 

What if the raven haired man really is in love with him? He doesn’t want to be inconsiderate. But at the same time he really should make it clear that he is already in a very healthy (sort of) and loving relationship.

 

“Hello?”

 

Lay feels a tapping on his head as he is dragged out of his thoughts and he notices Minseok right in front of him, knocking on his head.

 

“Earth to Yixing, anyone there?”

 

Lay blinks a couple times.

 

“I’m here.” He answers although it’s more of a built in reaction than active response. Minseok chuckles.

 

“He probably just thinks you’re attractive and is looking for a hookup. All you gotta do is reject him before it gets serious.” Minseok advises and notices a blush starting to sprout on Lay’s cheeks.

 

“H-He wants to hookup? As in ?” Lay asks hesitantly, although he sort of already knows the answer. Suddenly his memories of the man asking him to constantly bend down and pick up cupcakes seem a lot less pleasant.

 

Minseok sighs, almost too tired to deal with Lay’s cluelessness.

 

“Just, deal with it okay?”

 

Lay raises his voice to protest however Minseok silences him with a hand, “You’ll be fine,” He adds reassuringly and this manages to put a small smile on Lay’s face. The smile is quickly replaced by a frown.

 

“Minseok!” He calls out as his friend starts to leave the bakery.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Don’t tell Junmyeon about this, okay? I don’t want him to worry.” And Lay doesn’t notice Minseok rolling his eyes at this.

 

“Not telling him is only going to make it worse…” Minseok says under his breath.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing. I won’t tell him.” Minseok assures Lay, and opens the door to leave before hearing Lay’s goodbye.

 

Minseok shivers as a chilly breeze hits him, and he finds himself not walking back to work but in the opposite direction. He has to do something first. Just because Lay is the biggest idiot in the world and he happens to care a lot about this idiot.

 

----

 

“Thank you so much for shopping at Lay’s Bakery!” Lay calls out, a wide smile plastered on his face as the last customer of the day leaves his shop. The door closes and Lay visibly relaxes, slumping into a stool in front of the counter. He lets out a yawn. Managing the bakery all day alone can get tiring, but this day especially was exhausting because Lay kept worrying about what would happen with the raven-haired man. What would he do, how would he act.

 

How he would reject him.

 

Lay had spent most of his day considering this. He knows Minseok is right and he has no choice but to shut it down. How, however was still being figured out in his mind. What words to use, whether he should be more firm or apologetic. Whether he should even bring up the fact that he already has a boyfriend or to just chalk it up to him not being interested.

 

So many possibilities and Lay has a sinking feeling that about half of them are the wrong ones and he could really end up hurting the other man.

 

He purses his lips in determination. Either way the man is going to feel ty, at this point the only thing Lay can do is be as direct as possible. Not beat around the bush, let the man know the situation and resolve it as quickly as possible.

 

The chime is heard and the door opens, the same raven-haired man stepping through. He’s wearing the same outfit however this time his bangs aren’t covering his eyes. And for some reason this makes what Lay has to say much harder. Because all of a sudden he isn’t seeing the man, instead he sees a vanilla cupcake with a crumble of oreo on top. Simple. Hard to be confused for anything else but a sweet delicacy and Lay is scared to change that.

 

“Yixing.” The man greets simply, a light smile dotting his lips.

 

“Hi.” Lay responds, his voice coming out as a croak. He immediately clears his throat, trying to convince himself that what he’s doing is not okay. This man isn’t just here to learn baking.

 

As silly as it sounds, the idea that this man is not an oreo cupcake seems to calm Lay down. He hears Minseok’s advice in his mind.

 

Shut it down before it gets any more serious

 

Lay nods, and takes a deep breath as if getting ready to dive off of a cliff. He opens his mouth to speak.

 

“GET AWAY FROM HIM YOU CREEP!”

 

----

 

“Alright, I’m here, now can I get some sort of explanation? Also what the are you wearing?” Junmyeon huffs, arms crossed.

 

Minseok shushes him with a finger to his lips.

 

They’re in an alley, one Junmyeon finds oddly recognizable though he isn’t sure why. The sun has and Junmyeon’s freezing. Minseok had approached him a few hours before telling him to meet here.

 

“Yah! Minseok answer me…” Junmyeon yells, however he is immediately quieted when Minseok puts his hand on his mouth.

 

Minseok widens his eyes in disgust and pulls his hand away revealing Junmyeon grinning with his tongue hanging out.

 

“Ew why the did you my hand?!” Minseok attempts to wipe off the saliva.

 

Junmyeon shrugs, “Because you won’t tell me what the hell is going on.”

 

Minseok sighs, “Just, be quiet you’ll see.” He simply says and Junmyeon is about to protest however he stops himself when he sees the look in Minseok’s eyes. Something about the way he looks makes Junmyeon want to see what’s about to happen.

 

Minseok fishes out a key from his pocket and unlocks a door right beside them. He silently pushes it open and Junmyeon follows, seeming to understand that being quiet is important. Junmyeon almost immediately recognizes the area and he’s about to ask a question when Minseok once again covers his mouth.

 

“Just watch.” Minseok says.

 

They move forward until Minseok ducks behind an oven, peeking out from behind it. Junmyeon follows suit, not sure what he’s expecting to see. Suddenly they hear the chime of the door and a man with raven black hair enters the bakery.

 

Junmyeon raises an eyebrow. A customer? Isn’t it closing time. Junmyeon inches closer until he can see both Yixing and the man, and the look they’re sharing.

 

“Yixing.” The man greets and Junmyeon narrows his eyes.

 

Yixing?

 

How does he know Lay’s name?

 

“Who is he?” Junmyeon whispers, although it doesn’t really matter to him. What does matter is that Lay didn’t tell him and he’s saying “Yixing” as if they’ve known each other for months and the way the man is staring at his Lay is making Junmyeon’s blood boil. He feels a hand on his shoulder.

 

“He likes Yixing.” Minseok explains, and he adds that Lay is about to reject him however it’s lost on Junmyeon’s ears.

 

All Junmyeon hears is that this man dares to come into his boyfriend’s bakery to confess and probably ually assault his boyfriend. His boyfriend. His Yixing.Without a second thought and to Minseok’s dismay, Junmyeon rises out from his hiding spot and points an accusing finger at the raven-haired man.

 

“GET AWAY FROM HIM YOU CREEP!” He yells and then unleashes a warlike screech before jumping onto the counter and rushing in front of Lay

 

Lay is too shocked to speak, and he can barely nod when Junmyeon asks him if he’s okay. Minseok sighs and grudgingly gets out of his hiding spot. When Lay sees him, suddenly everything seems to fit into place and runs his hand through his air trying to calm himself down because he’s moments away from screaming at Junmyeon because why the is he on the counter and why the did Minseok bring him here and why the is this happening and many more “why the s”.

 

“H-Huh?” The raven-haired man can only stammer out because Junmyeon looks exactly like the devil judging whether he should go to heaven or hell. Or in this case judging whether he should go to hell or hell.

 

“That’s all you have to say for yourself? ‘Huh’. You should be ashamed you freak of nature coming to prey on my beautiful Yixing!” He hisses, seething with anger.

 

Lay clears his throat and moves around the counter in front of Junmyeon. He gestures apologetically behind him.

 

“I’m sorry, this is Junmyeon my boyfriend.” He introduces clearly embarrassed but also pissed.

 

“Ah.” The raven haired man simply says.

 

“Junnie get off the counter.” Lay commands, his voice hard. Junmyeon is jerked out of his anger, and he briefly glances at his boyfriend who seems a little more serious than usual.

 

“Y-Yixing…?” Junmyeon mumbles questioningly, his voice suddenly very small.

 

Lay gives him a death stare, and Junmyeon wastes no time as he stumbles off the counter awkwardly, moving to stand beside Minseok. Said man gives him a scolding slap on the back of his neck. Junmyeon almost retorts with a slap however a glare from Lay stops him mid way. He’s now frozen like a statue, terrified at this side of Lay that he rarely ever sees.

 

“I-I think I should go…” The raven-haired man stutters, moving to leave, a little overwhelmed at the whole situation.

 

Lay whips his head to face him. “Wait. Look, I don’t want to have with you.” Lay deadpans and the man would widen his eyes in surprise however after what had happened not much could shock him any further.

 

“S-? I-I wasn’t going to do anything like that I-I just thought you were cute but you have a boyfriend and c-clearly I’m not wanted here…” The man stammers out, embarrassed at how much he stuttered. Lay’s expression dissolves from stone cold to curious, a small smile tugging at his lips.

 

“Isn’t that funny… So you’re not here to hook up with me?” He asks the man, although he has now turned around to face Minseok who is busy admiring the beautiful granite counter.

 

“W-What?! No, of course not, I mean I wouldn’t hate it but-.”

 

“I KNEW IT YOU CREEP!” Junmyeon suddenly blurts out.

 

“B-But I would never do anything you don’t want to and you have a boyfriend so…” The man explains and the smile grows on Lay’s face.

 

“That’s very nice of you.” He says, and then proceeds to nudge him out of the bakery, “Come back another time and we’ll have that lesson but for now you should leave.” He advises and the man nods, hurriedly leaving the shop.

 

Lay turns around to face Junmyeon and Minseok who both try their best to look anywhere but at Lay.

 

“Junmyeon.” Lay begins and it seems like he’s ready to punch his boyfriend, and said main closes his eyes in anticipation for the blow, however nothing comes.

 

“Can you wait in the back?” He asks, and Junmyeon slowly opens his eyes, noticing how Lay’s face has softened and no longer has the hardened edge it has before.

 

Realizing that he stepped over a line and arguing is futile, Junmyeon nods and walks away to the back of the bakery.

 

Lay then sighs, sitting down on a stool at the counter.

 

“Why don’t you trust me?” He asks and Minseok is taken aback by the simple question.

 

“What do you mean?” Minseok hesitantly replies, sitting beside Lay.

 

“I told you to let me handle it.”

 

Minseok takes a deep breath, this might be the wrong time but he feels like he has to say something.

 

“Even if I didn’t tell Junmyeon he would’ve found out anyway, and that would be worse.” He starts to explain and waits for an interruption from Lay which doesn’t happen. He continues slowly, “Junmyeon acts like he does because he cares about you. Lay, you can’t keep letting him discover things about you on his own. You need to be the first to tell him about everything, trust each other. Or else nothing will change and I don’t think you want that.” He explains, and hopes Lay understood at least a little bit of that.

 

Lay nods a little. “Okay. Thanks Minseok.” He says, and Minseok smiles.

 

“Anytime.” He responds, and then stands up to leave.

 

“Good luck.” He adds and Lay has a small smile in response. Minseok lifts his hand in a wave as he exits the bakery.

 

Lay takes a deep breath, and then makes his way to the back of the bakery near the food supply closet where he spots Junmyeon brushing away some dust with a towel.

 

“Hey.” He says, and Junmyeon glances up at him.

 

“You’re right.” He adds, and Junmyeon raises an eyebrow questioningly. Right about what?

 

“I don’t think it’s safe if I’m alone here. I’ll hire someone.” Lay explains and a smile blooms across Junmyeon’s face. He pulls Lay into a hug eliciting a chuckle from the other man.

 

“Junmyeon…”

 

“I’m glad.” Junmyeon mumbles against the fabric of Lay’s shirt.

 

Lay can’t help the smile that appears on his face. Holding Junmyeon like this is a rare sort of gift that he has learned to appreciate.

 

Eventually his boyfriend releases him and they look at each other lovingly.

 

Lay suddenly frowns, as he remembers what Minseok had said. “I’m sorry. For not trusting you.” He apologizes and Junmyeon’s eyebrows furrow in concern.

 

“Don’t be… I get it, I’m a little bit-”

 

“Terrifying.” Lay finishes his sentence and Junmyeon looks hurt for a second before a chuckle escapes his lips.

 

“Yeah.” He agrees. “I just want you to be safe…” He adds, stepping closer to Lay and planting a light kiss on the other man’s cheek.

 

Lay feels a blush spread on his cheeks. “I know… I think the only reason I’ve survived in this world so far is you.” He admits sheepishly and it’s Junmyeon’s turn to be embarrassed as he turns away from Lay.

 

“H-How can you say something like that…” He mutters and Lay genuinely laughs, the pleasant sound filling Junmyeon’s ears and echoing around the shop.

 

Lay does love food. That won’t ever stop. But slowly, with the help of Junmyeon he’s learning that maybe, just maybe, people aren’t like food. They aren’t black or white. Nobody is. As ridiculous as it sounds, Lay is just coming around to this truth. Although Junmyeon’s possessiveness can be a bit suffocating sometimes, Lay is glad for it. Because who knows what sort of trouble he’d get in if he didn’t have someone by his side always keeping him safe.

 

 


bear with me this is gonna be a long a/n

okay so! first of all! IM SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY!! i didn't have internet for a few days and then this chapter just turned out wayyyy longer than anticipated (5000) words if you were wondering and I hope it wasn't boring 

second, what do you guys think?? of this chapter, the story in general anything. please comment ur opinions because i love reading them!!

subscribe for more and upvote if you enjoyed it, speaking of that, a warm thanks to DyoKai23 and olio_beesz for upvoting it means so much!!

as i'm sure you probably guessed, up next is xiuchen which will be fun and fluff!

after that there are only two couples left to introduce woohoooooo

also i fully had way too much fun with the little xiuchen flashback hehehehehe /hides in corner

okayy until next time which will hopefully be sooner ALSO WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE LENGTH OF THIS CHAPTER??! im worried it was too long and almost considered splitting it into two, which do u guys prefer??? let me know

bye!!