Hunhan Staying Afloat

Staying Afloat

Luhan loves the knight in shining armour. The hero that comes to save the day, and protect the princess. He knows it’s a fairytale romance, one that’s rarely found in real life, but that doesn’t mean he can’t fantasize about it. And fantasize he does. He fantasizes about the prince lifting the princess off her feet and kissing her with all the passion in the world. Yep. Luhan is a hopeless romantic.

 

“One custom made cupcake!” Lay announces as he carries a small pastel coloured box with a vanilla cupcake inside.

 

“Ah, thanks Lay, I know Sehun is gonna love this.” Luhan takes the box from Lay, placing it down on the table.

 

“Honestly I don’t really understand why you want random red icing lines drawn across your cupcakes but no judgement here! Lay is always accepting!” Lay announces, and then proceeds to skip away. Luhan rolls his eyes.

 

“Amazing that he was able to get a job and a boyfriend. How did that happen again?” Luhan asks as he pulls an even bigger cake box out of his backpack and places it on the table. After a few seconds with no response, he glances up to see Kyungsoo busy texting on his phone.

 

“Yah! Kyungsoo stop texting your weird mafia boyfriend.” He says, grabbing Kyungsoo’s phone. He ignores the other man’s cries of protest as he holds the phone just out of his reach, scanning over the texts. He widens his eyes.

 

“You guys have nicknames for each other?” He questions, and a blush begins to appear on Kyungsoo’s face as he shrugs in response. “And you use the heart emoji! Aww you guys are so cute… I’m so jealous.” Luhan says, grudgingly handing the phone back to Kyungsoo.

 

“Don’t you have a boyfriend? What do you guys text each other? Me and Jongin aren’t being weird right? I thought I was just being normal and he seemed okay with it but maybe he isn’t and he’s just going along with it oh god-”

 

“Calm your balls.” Luhan says, and then proceeds to open his large cake box revealing a collection of 24 cupcakes. He fits in the new cupcake, creating a perfect square. The red icing lines on each cupcake all line up to form a heart. He sighs while Kyungsoo worriedly bites his nails, obviously seriously concerned that he’s been texting his boyfriend the wrong way this entire time. “I send Sehun so many loving texts and all he responds with is ‘oh i want you’ or ‘can i have you for dinner’ or just a crap ton of peach and hot dog emojis.” Luhan explains and Kyungsoo looks up from his nails to see his friend frowning at his heart of cupcakes. “Everytime we see each other it’s the same thing over and over again…” Luhan closes the large cake box.

 

“I mean, I barely see Jongin but we still are able to have a sort of relationship you know? Maybe you just need to talk to Sehun and it’ll work out.” Kyungsoo advises, although he knows that his case is much more specific and advice from him is probably useless.

 

Luhan considers this for a moment and is about to respond when Lay suddenly slides into the booth next to him. “Jongin is still planting flowers? Oof, that must be so hard for you guys…” Lay says, to which Luhan raises his eyebrows in amusement. Kyungsoo nods sadly.

 

“Yes. He just works so hard everyday. Planting flowers. It’s a really stressful job. Planting flowers. Because he does that… All the time.” He says, his voice dripping with sarcasm while Luhan is about to burst into laughter. Lay however doesn’t notice either of these things and just starts nodding honestly.

 

“Mmm, yeah I know. It’s dangerous, thorns are pointy you know?” Lay adds, holding up his finger “I got poked by one and it hurt. Can’t imagine what Jongin is going through…” Lay says, his voice etched with genuine worry.

 

“It’s a tough life.”

 

“Yep… Well, I have to get back to work. Good luck with your random cupcakes Luhan, and Kyungsoo,” Lay rests his hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, “If you don’t feel safe with his gardening… You should tell him. Otherwise just like sunflowers without sun, your relationship will never bloom.” He says, dead serious as if he’s reciting a poem. He then flashes a classic clueless Lay smile and skips away to the back to make more cupcakes.

 

Luhan shakes his head in disbelief, and eventually bursts out into laughter, Kyungsoo follows suit and soon both of them are wheezing at Lay’s obliviousness. In his laughter Luhan momentarily forgets his concerns, however they will only resurface when he heads home. And this he does.

 

With his large cake box in one hand, Luhan fits his key into the lock of his door.

 

“Luhan!” Xiumin calls out from across the hall.

 

“Oh hey Xiumin!” Luhan smiles. Xiumin’s wearing his “casual outfit” which is a button down shirt and long pants, the only skin showing is just the base of his neck.

 

“What’s that?” He asks, gesturing to the cake box in Luhan’s hand. Luhan opens the top and holds it up for Xiumin.

 

“It’s a gift, for Sehun.” Luhan says, and Xiumin raises his eyebrows in surprise. “That? For Sehun?” He asks skeptically.

 

“Well yeah…” Luhan answers, suddenly self conscious about his choice of gift.

 

“Yeah… I’m sure he’ll love that…” Xiumin says, awkwardly smiling at Luhan which does nothing to reassure the other man. If anything the uncomfortable toothy half smile Xiumin has plastered on his face is severely worrying. “Well, good luck…” Xiumin waves and heads down the stairs. Luhan swallows nervously. He hesitantly unlocks the door and heads inside.

 

Luhan is immediately greeted by hands wrapping around his waist. Sehun is only centimetres from his face, their lips barely touching. “I missed you.” Sehun whispers, his hand slipping under Luhan’s shirt, wandering down to his . Sehun tightens his hold around Luhan’s waist, pulling him closer. Said man responds with a gasp, and then Sehun closes the gap between their lips, smashing them together in a heated kiss. However the kiss is cut short as Luhan widens his eyes in surprise. He pulls back, glancing down at the cake box that had been crushed by the kiss. He hesitantly kneels down and opens the smushed cardboard to reveal not 25 cupcakes but a mush of white and red.

 

“Forget about that…” Sehun murmers, crouching down in front of Luhan and his cheek. “I want you.” He says, pulling a string of condoms out of his pocket and smirking. Luhan however, is focused on the mess in front of him. He smacks Sehun’s hand away. “Agh! I spent so much money on this…” He sighs.

 

“Don’t worry I’ll pay for it.” Sehun reassures. He grabs Luhan’s hand and tugs on it, leading the older man to their bedroom. Luhan stumbles away from the cupcakes for a bit, distracted by the feeling of Sehun’s hand in his. However he suddenly releases Sehun’s hand. “No. No, we need to clean it up…” Luhan mumbles, moving back to the smushed cupcakes. He kneels down beside it and sees if he can salvage anything.

 

“Ugh Lulu… They’re just cupcakes, we can go get some more… Come on I’m …” Sehun says, leaning down and peppering Luhan’s neck and ear with light kisses. The feeling of Sehun’s lips against his soft skin sends shivers up Luhan’s spine. He fights the feeling however, and once again pushes Sehun off of him.

 

“No! Stop, Sehun… Just stop for a second, okay?” Luhan says a bit more forcefully. He stands up and Sehun follows him.

 

“Why?” Sehun simply asks, his hot breath caressing Luhan’s lips.

 

“Because… Because it took a long time to get this made and I know you don’t like cake so I had to do it with cupcakes and I had to make sure it didn’t break all this time!” Luhan blurts, almost on the verge of tears though he isn’t sure why. He turns away from Sehun, not wanting the other man to see his face. This pulls Sehun out of his ual thoughts, “Luhan? What’s wrong?” He asks, placing his hand on his shoulder in concern. Luhan shakes Sehun’s hand off of his shoulder.

 

“We should clean this up.” He mumbles, moving to the kitchen to get paper towels for the spilled cake. Sehun sighs. He grabs his coat off the hanger and fits his boots on.

 

“I’m going to work.”

 

Luhan isn’t given a chance to respond as Sehun is already out the door. He slowly begins to clean the mess in front of him, not exactly sure what just happened. Was that a fight? Was it his fault? Sehun usually has only one thing on his mind, and over the course of their relationship Luhan has come to accept that. It’s not like he doesn’t want to Sehun, because he does. It’s just they live in an apartment complex with 5 other couples who all seem to be proper couples and Luhan feels like he and Sehun aren’t at that point.

 

Luhan leaves the mess of cupcake on the ground, half cleaned up and grabs his coat heading out also. His legs seem to be moving on their own, and he isn’t sure where they are taking him. All he knows is that he needs to clear his head after that “fight”.

 

“Luhan!!”

 

And for some reason his legs decide to take him to Lay. What the hell.

 

“Hey Lay…” Luhan sniffs, trying to hold back tears.

 

“Luhannie?” Lay says, rushing over to the man who’s probably about to cry in his bakery. Lay guides him over to a seat, and sits down in front of him, his concern evident.

 

“What’s wrong?” Lay asks.

 

“I-It’s Sehun… We had a fight, I don’t know what to do.” Luhan mumbles, biting his lip.

 

“Oh.” Lay comments, “Well that’s fine. Isn’t it?” He says and begins fidgeting with a napkin on the table. Luhan gives him a look of ‘how stupid can you be?’

 

“It’s not fine. He stormed out... “ Luhan adds, expecting a much bigger reaction from Lay but again he gets nothing. Lay just shrugs, making a boat out of the napkin. “Everybody has fights, but you love him right?”

 

“Well, yeah…”

 

“Then that’s all that matters. Me and Junnie sometimes fight because I’m the only one working at my bakery and he thinks someone is going to kill me because I’m alone all the time but that’s just a regular thing.” Lay explains, casually strolling over the fact that his boyfriend is worried he’ll die.

 

“Just talk to him it’ll be fine.” Lay finishes, holding up his napkin boat in admiration. For some reason Luhan feels better, and he’s calmed down a bit.

 

“...Maybe you’re not as stupid as I thought.” Luhan observes, wiping the tears that were hanging just on the edge of his eyes.

 

“WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY BABY?!!”

 

Out of nowhere a sweaty and dishevelled Junmyeon runs into the bakery, and points an accusing finger at Luhan.

 

“Luhan! You take that back right now or I’ll do something bad and you won’t have fun!” Junmyeon roars, although his words aren’t exactly venomous, the anger is clear in his voice. Luhan is wide eyed, not quite sure what just happened. Lay however, seems used to it and he brightly smiles.

 

“Junnie!!” He runs into Junmyeon’s arms, holding him tightly.

 

“Yixing, is he hurting you? Want me to kill him? No that’s a bit extreme I’ll slice up his if you want?” Junmyeon offers, completely serious, while Luhan simply watches in shock. Lay simply shakes his head, “No, Luhan came to me for help and we talked.” He explains and Junmyeon sighs in relief. He walks over to Luhan and said man is expecting an apology, however all he gets is Junmyeon sliding his hand across his neck menacingly, the universall sign for “you’re dead.” Luhan gulps nervously and pulls out his phone, occupying himself with texting to avoid Junmyeon’s piercing gaze.

 

Junmyeon looks around the empty bakery and narrows his eyes, “Yixing, before Luhan came by, were you alone?” He asks, and for a second even Yixing’s cluelessness is broken to realize his boyfriend is pissed

 

Lay attempts to explain,“Y-Yeah, but it was only for an hour or two, it’s not very busy at this time so-”

 

“What did I tell you?! You can’t be here alone it’s too dangerous!” Junmyeon scolds.

 

“No one’s going to murder me Junnie…”

 

Junmyeon huffs angrily in response, plopping himself down on a stool near the counter.

 

“Fine. Then I’m staying with you.” He says.

 

“Don’t you have work?” Lay asks gently, nudging Junmyeon off the stool and towards the door. Junmyeon however doesn’t budge, his feet firmly planted on the floor.

 

“I’ll take the day off.” He states.

 

“Junnie, the last time you did this you scared away all the customers.”

 

“I don’t like you being alone here.” Junmyeon says, his lips now in a pout because he doesn’t want to lose his dignity and compromise with Lay.

 

“I’ll stay with Lay.” Luhan offers, getting up from his chair and Junmyeon raises an eyebrow skeptically.

 

“You?” He snorts, “Please.”

 

“You don’t have to do that Luhan…”

 

“I don’t, but I want to. And, I’d rather not go home right now.” Luhan admits sheepishly, and Lay widens his eyes in realization.

 

“Ah! Yay! That’s such a good idea Luhannie you should stay! And Junnie it’s okay go to work!” Lay concludes, smiling. Junmyeon starts to break when he sees his boyfriend’s infectious smile.

 

“B-But…” He mumbles, and Lay plants a kiss on his forehead, “Go to work, okay?” He asks, and this time it’s weirdly not a question. Luhan fully expects Junmyeon to refuse however he slowly gets up and leaves the bakery. Luhan wonders how the hell Lay was able to calm Junmyeon down and how this is the same Lay that just an hour ago believed Kyungsoo’s boyfriend planted flowers at random times as a job. But his wondering thoughts melt away as he suddenly is reminded of his situation with Sehun, and he sits back down in his booth. Lay joins him, and they talk through it.

----

It’s been 4 hours since Luhan first left the apartment, and he found himself back at the door.

 

Talking to Lay had a surprisingly calming effect on him, one he didn’t expect from the man he assumed to be a clueless idiot.

 

Luhan found himself shaking. He hasn’t been this nervous in a long time. There’s a very real chance that he and Sehun would start fighting, seriously this time and Luhan doesn’t want to think about what would happen to their relationship. He takes a deep breath, calming his raging nerves. He fits his key into the lock and it takes moment of fidgeting before he pushes the door in and is greeted by the most pleasant aroma.

 

Candles. Everywhere. On the tables, the dressers, even lined along the walls. They all are releasing a pleasant flowery scent that Luhan can’t identify which for some reason makes the smell even more pretty. There’s a small table set up in the centre, with two chairs and a box in the centre. Luhan hesitantly walks forward, a bit scared of this setup but also curious as to what is going in. Where Sehun is. Sehun.

 

And suddenly said man appears, his face and his body are slowly illuminated by the candlelight. Luhan gasps, gone are his usual low hanging jeans and loose shirt that are especially suited for being taken off quickly. He’s in a handsome tuxedo with a rose in the lapel. His hair is all slicked to the side, and Luhan can’t deny that he looks ing y in the outfit.

 

“Hey.” Sehun says, flashing a shy smile that melts Luhan’s heart.

 

“W-What is all this?” Luhan stutters out, still recovering from the fact that their apartment looks like something taken out of a romance novel. Sehun shrugs, shoving his hands in his pockets.

 

“I wanted to say sorry. For the cake box. I got you another one.” He explains, stepping forward to open the box on the table. He reveals a set of 25 cupcakes outlining a red heart, identical to the one Luhan was going to give to Sehun.

 

Luhan is overwhelmed. The beautiful scent, his beautiful Sehun, the beautiful gesture, it’s all too much. His legs start to wobble and his keys slip out of his hand and land on the floor with a clatter. Sehun widens his eyes in surprise and rushes over to Luhan.

 

He quickly wraps his arms around Luhan’s back and waist, lifting him up. Luhan is smiling, his face a glorious shade of scarlet. He meets Sehun’s eyes, and suddenly he sees a knight. His knight in shining armour coming to rescue him. And suddenly Luhan forgets about the candles. About the cupcakes. The only thing on his mind is having his shining knight inside of him.

 

Luhan pulls Sehun into a passionate kiss. Not wasting any time he shoves his tongue into the other man’s mouth, swirling and eventually Sehun comes to life, and their tongues clash in a wet hot battle. It’s the best kiss Luhan has ever felt, and as he pulls back, saliva connecting their lips, it’s clear from Sehun’s heavy breathing and flushed face that he feels the same.

 

Sehun chuckles, “I should do this more often.”

 

Luhan rolls his eyes, “Shut the up.” He mumbles and dives into Sehun’s shoulder, , whatever pale flawless skin his mouth can find. Sehun’s husky moans fill the air as he carries Luhan to their bedroom.

 

Luhan loves the knight in shining armour. The one that saves the day and protects the princess. The one that lifts the princess and pulls her into a kiss with all the passion in the world. And maybe Luhan also loves the knight in shining armour that slams the princess against the wall and s her hard. That’s his version of the fairytale and no amount of childish fantasy stories will change that, not while Sehun is his knight. And he wouldn’t wish for anybody else.

 


hohoohoh 

sooooo how was that?

different from the first chapter? this'll be happening a lot because of different couples

hope you enjoyed!

next chapter may take a long time because i am without wifi for a few days, so please bear with me

if you want more please subscribe, and if you enjoyed comment and upvote i love responding to all your comments!

until next time!!