Chapter 2

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

I woke up with the feeling of a light, quite sharp and uncomfortable weight, on top of my head. With my eyes still closed I tried shifting my head away from the uncomfortable weight, only for it to move and jab me on my neck. I opened my eyes and uttered a small yelp. I pushed away the bony weight and placed it across Hyorin’s face. I forgot the reason I didn’t like sleeping on the same bed as her. She tended to go a little crazy and throw her limbs all over the place, my body in particular, which was further proved by one of her legs pinning down one of mine. I went on to remove her leg and the moment she felt my hand on it, she gave me a small kick on my thigh.

 

“Hyorin,” I angrily whispered while trying the rub the spot she had just kicked. As I tried to, Hyorin wiggled around a bit before using her other leg to pin down the hand I had on my thigh.

 

Who was I kidding, me whispering her name was going to do nothing.

 

“HYORIN,” I yelled while trying to wiggle myself out of Hyorin’s deathly grasp. This only caused her to throw her hands across me and pull me into a bear hug. I decided to pinch her back and this seemed to do the trick.

 

She woke up with a startle and looking quite disoriented. Her eyes traveled to the situation I was currently in and she merely blinked.

 

“ ’oring Joo,” she said with a groggy voice all while removing her hands from around me to rub her eyes. “Why did you pinch me?”

 

Hyorin then brought one of her arms towards the back and rubbed the spot where I had pinched her.

 

“That hurt Joohyun,” she pouted. Her eyes were still slightly glazed from sleep, seems she was even tearing up a bit.

 

“Hyorin, you better not be crying. The one that should be crying is me.”

 

“I’m not crying, I’m just asking why you pinched me, I was sleeping.”

 

She still had not removed her legs from mine. I looked down and our legs were still entangled as earlier, it even seems she got a better hold of my legs now.

 

“Remove your legs from mine.”

 

As I said this Hyorin looked down and simply stated, “ Your legs are so smooth Joo.”

 

I gave her a small tap on her head. I tried to detangle my legs once more.

 

“Attention. Move. Now.”

 

“uuut you rreee soooo aaarrrmmmmmm,” she yawned. She plopped her arms on my face just to further annoy me.

 

I grabbed her arms and threw them on her face. Then I gave tug on the leg that was up on my right thigh then pushed it away from my legs. I still had to deal with the leg that was between my legs. I pinched them until she removed it.

 

“Evil women,” glared Hyorin from under her eyes.

 

If she was trying to look mean she was completely failing. Her face was slightly swollen from all the salty food we ate last night. Plus, her eyes were puffy from the long night of sleep we both had. I was sure my face was in a similar condition, but my eyes were most likely less swollen as I didn’t cry my little heart out last night. In other words, Hyorin at the moment looked like the cutest, fluffiest human chipmunk you could find. I was considering reaching my arms towards her face to pinch her cheek but then reconsidered my actions when I remembered the position she had me a few moments ago.

 

“You are like a boa constrictor, squeezing the life out of me,” I mumbled while stretching out all my limbs and giving a loud yawn. That felt really good. Finally free from the boa constructor that is my best friend. Youngbae was truly in for a challenge.

 

I sat up on the edge of her fluffy white bed. One thing that I loved about sleeping over at Hyorin’s was her huge fluffy white bed. The moment you sat on it, you would sink into the comfiest position. Her bed was impossibly soft. As you lie on it, all your worries would dissipate as your main focus was how comfy and relaxed you were. I couldn’t even imagine how great would be on her bed. This thought caused me to randomly ask.

 

“Have you and Youngbae had on this bed?”

 

I turned to look at Hyorin who was currently seated on her side on the bed, with her cream-colored blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Her face turned bright red when she registered what I had asked.

 

“Did you guys sink in while at it,” I added to my question.

 

With a still red face, Hyorin grabbed the pillow behind her back and slammed it onto my face. I flinched a bit at the sudden impact.

 

“You ert,” she huffed.

 

“Is that a yes or a no?”

 

I received a glare in response.

 

“So yes?”

 

Hyorin tried to once again hit me with her pillow but I got up just in time to miss it.

 

“Please tell me you guys have had ,” I asked with genuine curiosity.

 

Hyorin and Youngbae had been dating for a while, it was impossible for them not to have had . I couldn’t imagine Youngbae keeping his hands to himself when Hyorin was so innocently pretty. No matter how religious and timid he looked. Plus, Hyorin wasn’t as innocent as she looked. She had her y moments, a reason why she was my best friend.

 

“So…?”

 

Hyorin mumbled out a word that I couldn’t quite hear, but I was positive it was a yes. I just wanted to a bit.

 

“Yes??”

 

Hyorin shook her head, then nodded, then faced it away from me. Keep in mind her face just kept on getting redder.

 

“Yes??” I questioned her the same word the second time.

 

Seemed that was enough to annoy Hyorin as she turned to look at me and shouted, “YES!!”

 

I just laughed in response. She really was the cutest. Now I wondered if she could count the number of times they had on her two hands. I also wondered what sort of positions they had tried. They probably hadn’t ventured far from missionary. Was Youngbae good in bed? Hyorin didn’t seem as someone hard to please in that aspect. She probably got off just on ‘love.’ My thoughts kept on forming more and more questions. They progressively got dirtier and dirtier. So many things I would like to ask her, but if I asked anymore I would leave her home all bruised up.

 

“Why so quiet,” said Hyorin which was enough to bring me out of my train thoughts; the question after question my dirty mind was making.

 

“I don’t even want to know all the little dirty things that are going on in your head right now,” she continued with a cute grimace on her face. That made me think; had she ever giving him a ? Had he gone down on her?

 

“Joohyun!! Stop thinking all those dirty things about me and Bae!!!”

 

I decide just to blurt the question on my mind. I could handle one more flying pillow toward my face.

 

“Has he eaten you out?”

 

And of course the flying pillow made its way right onto my face, I didn’t even try to avoid it. But that wasn’t the only form of attack Hyorin had in mind this time. She had stood up from her bed and starts running towards me. When I saw her running I decided I had to as well. So I opened the door to her room and ran towards her kitchen. Her apartment wasn’t the biggest so I had to do a whole lot of swiveling and squeezing so she wouldn’t catch me. My small escape came towards an end when I stubbed my toe on the metal leg of her glass coffee table. For anyone who has stubbed their toe, it is one of the greatest pains to exist in the universe. I came to a halt and bent down to rub my toe to try to the ease the stinging pain shooting up my body. Hyorin gave no care for my current painful moment and decide to further my torture by tickling the sides of my waist, my most ticklish spot.

 

“O -wow ow ----ahhfahfah Hyorin hahahahah ---owww hahah,” I breathed out through uncomfortable laughter.

 

“STOP!!”

 

“PLEASE STOP!!!,” I laughed while trying to grab Hyorin’s hands to stop the torture. She wouldn’t let up, and I was at my limit of being tickled. Before I could do anything to get Hyorin’s tortuous hands away from me, my phone started ringing. The loud and clear, melodious ringtone distracted Hyorin and allowed me to pull myself from her grasp and head to the source of the sound. She was right behind me in the search of my phone, which proved to be a bit difficult since I couldn’t remember where I had left it.

 

“Do you remember where I placed it,” I asked, referring to my phone.

 

Hyorin shook her head, indicating she was just as clueless as me. Those fruit punch soju shots, the two we took, proved to be enough to leave us a little lost and light headed.

 

“Should I even try to look for it? I’m hungry,” I asked and then followed it up with a statement.

 

Hyorin too a moment to respond to me, “I have a feeling I know who it is, so let’s find it.”

 

I had a clue who was calling me too. For one moment my phone stopped ringing, but then it rang once again. Seemed he was really desperate to get in contact with me. This was extremely strange, causing me to think maybe something serious and unfortunate had happened.

 

“I hear it near my couch.”

 

Hyorin headed out the doorway of her kitchen. I followed her. We both started moving around the cushions and small pillows in hopes of locating my phone, which was now silent. Maybe two calls were the most his pride could take. As soon as I thought that, my phone started ringing for the third time. By this time, I had found it wedged between the armrest and cushion of Hyorin’s sofa. Who knows how it even got there. I pulled my phone out, sat on the armrest of the sofa and answered the call with a simple with a simple yes.

 

In return, I got an immediate response from Jiyong, “Joohyun,” wow when was the last time he even referred to me that way, “I apologize for distur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter