my friend...

Tamed

*break time at school, library*

“How’s your stomach?” Jaebum says not looking away from his book.

 

“Still hurts a bit but I can manage.” the bullies were not seen in school today. (or ever again if fact, they will all have asked their rich parents to send them away from damned school.)

 

 

(_  _    ) ( _   _ )… 

 

 

(_  _    ) ( —_—)…

 

 

(_  _     ) (- _ -    )…

 

 

(_  _    ) ( —_—)…

 

 

(_  _    ) ( _   _ )… “Do you want to visit my house?”

 

 

(ㅍ_ㅍ   )( _   _ )…

 

 

(ㅍ_ㅍ)( _   _ )… 

 

 

(    ㅍ_ㅍ) ( _   _ )… “O…ok…”

 

 

(=ㅍ_ㅍ=) ( _   _ )…

 

 

(ㅍ_ㅍ=  ) ( —_— )…

 

 

(_  _   ) (- _ -   )…

 

 

(_  _    ) ( —_—)…

 

 

(_  _    ) ( _   _ )…

 

 

Jinyoung was surprised with the sudden request but who is he to say no. He’d already realized that he is attracted to the individual but it’s not like he’s going to do anything about it. He doesn’t even know if Jaebum would go for a guy. And even if Jaebum did would he even be interested in him? In fact his attraction to the man has been based on his attitude towards Jinyoung. The exclusive attention that he gave Jinyoung, and the attention Jinyoung hadn’t known he needed for all the time he stayed in the school, and that’s it. They’d never talked about personal stuff before and so maybe going to Jaebum’s house would make him know the mysterious man better.

 

*later that day*

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum just got out of their last class of the day. Thankfully it was a Friday and that means no meetings that day so Jinyoung got out early. 

 

“Hyung do you have anyone with you at home?” Of course Jinyoung is nervous. He’s just realized how he barely knows the man and his family who by the way, must be rich. In his head he’s panicking already. ‘Would your family even let you be friends with me?!’ 

 

“you’ll see…” Jaebum says which he knows should not sound way too threatening but his brain processed it as such.

 

“O…ok” he stammers. 

 

Jaebum suddenly stops and turns heading to a noodle store. Jinyoung just follows. He then orders seven servings of noodles and three big servings of chicken. Jinyoung looks at him baffled. ‘Big family? Rich people eat these stuff too?!

 

After getting their order, they’ve proceeded to walk through the quiet street that Jinyoung recognizes. They went past Jinyoung’s house and continued walking for ten more minutes until they’d reached the edge of the city where there were rarely any houses. Jaebum, with all the food, stops in front of a Hanok, a traditional house in Korea. It was huge! The land was vast surrounding the house. ‘Ok, ! What is this?! Is this even a house? Omg, am I even allowed to be friends with you!

 

Jaebum looks at Jinyoung gaping beside him. He then continues to walk inside and Jinyoung follow him. He proceeds to go into the dining table where they usually spend time to eat and watch movies together. He then sees that the boys were already gathered as he was walking through the door. All five removed their attention from the TV and looked at Jaebum entering the doorway followed by another man.

 

“Boys, this is Park Jinyoung.” He introduces as he sets down the food.

 

All five stood up and did a ninety degree bow. They were raised to pay formal respect to whomever they meet.

 

“Jinyoung-ah, these are my brothers.” Jinyoung, not seeing any signs of parents in the house, visibly relaxed by a bit.

 

“A..anyeonghaseyo, Jinyoung -imnida. Please take care of me.” Jinyoung says also giving them a ninety degree bow.  Then all boys proceeded to introduce themselves. 

 

All of them sat around the table talking and conversing about stuff. Jinyoung learning some things about all of them while they just bombarded him with questions about everything. It wasn’t like an interrogation at all, it was more like the boys were desperate for stories about normal things in life. Jinyoung felt comfortable around the boys. He’d learned that all of them were or still are home schooled and that their father often goes abroad for work.

 

Seeing as everyone was so reoccupied by Jinyoung, Jaebum stood up and was about to prepare the food and take it out of the bag when Jinyoung noticed him.

 

“Hyung, go wash your hands first.” Jinyoung says and proceeded with his story. Although the boys seemed so surprised all of a sudden. He then looks towards Jaebum again and saw the man’s back retreating to the kitchen just beside the room they were in. ‘I should probably help.’ He then excuses himself from the boys and goes to help Jaebum in the kitchen. He washes his hands and proceeds to pour the take out into china that Jaebum had prepared. They were quietly working together when they suddenly hear quiet snickers and hushed whispers. 

 

Jinyoung notices the boys watching them from the doorway. He then calls out to the youngest ones.

 

“Bambam-ah, Yugyeom-ah, come wash your hands and help me put these dishes  on the table please.” The two looked at each other, snickered then continued on to follow the request. Youngjae also followed which made Jinyoung so grateful. 

“Thank you Youngjae-ah.” he says with a small smile. Jinyoung thought, ‘these boys are so well-mannered.’ You can say Jinyoung was meant to be student council president because of how good he is at organizing who would do what. It was his forte, although he never forgets to leave stuff for himself to do as well of course. 

 

They circled around the small table, washed hands. “Eat.” Jaebum says and they all start digging in. Jinyoung looks at Jaebum beside him, admiring the man who smilingly gets so much respect from the other five. On his other side he sees Youngjae using tongs to eat the chicken, sauce on face. Jinyoung takes a napkin and wipes Youngjae’s mouth with it, then he proceeded to take away the tongs replacing it with proper chopsticks. Jinyoung then continues eating.

 

Youngjae was surprised with the gesture. It was so informal, and caring that he just sat that mouth agape looking at Jinyoung. It was warm and almost motherly like, something that the boys had never felt. Youngjae then smiled at the man beside him and continued chomping.

 

Of course the other boys were also aware of the small gesture that just happened. They had been observing Jinyoung since he came in. Surprised at how open and comfortable he’d become in such a short amount of time. They were thankful for it of course as they had not really had people visit before. They had been surprised at how much his presence had mattered, he had a certain charm that made all of them follow his requests. They were first speechless with his order to Jaebum, they don’t have the guts to order the man, but seeing the man oblige made them curious. Turns out they’d end up following this orders too. They’d watched both in the kitchen, working silently together. It was so perfect, they’d matched each other perfectly, it was like they had a silent understanding about everything. Jaebum had always been a father figure to them, protecting them and making sure they’re kept alive but Jinyoung, Jinyoung was like a mother. He sees small details, he take cares of them quietly. The gesture to Youngjae had made the other four jealous of the sudden attention Jinyoung had given him. The affection and caring ways a mother would have. 

 

Jaebum saw all five boys looking at Jinyoung adoringly. It was getting kinda annoying for him so he coughs.

 

“Finish your food.” he says firmly and the boys obliged.

 

After they had annihilated the food, Jaebum and Jinyoung started clearing up without a word. They had also taken the liberty of washing the dishes. Jinyoung insisted on washing whilst Jaebum dries and puts away. 

 

They go back to the boys still talking animatedly. Although instead of the usual movie that they would already be watching, they tell Jinyoung to continue with stories about stuff others would usually get bored.

They’d talked until night then Yugyeom pipes up, “Hyung you should sleepover, it’s too dark outside already, and besides it’s the weekend.” he then receives nods of approval from the other boys.

 

“A..I don’t know. I don’t wanna welcome my stay too much.” he says surprised by the sudden request. He looks at Jaebum trying to ask for help but all Jaebum does is shrug.

 

“C’mon hyung! Please…” Bambam. Followed by Youngjae both looking at him with puppy eyes.

 

“Yea Jinyoung-ah, we’d love to have you stay.” Mark surprisingly says. He was quite quiet.

 

“O..ok then… that’d be nice. Thank you.” he says. 

 

They finally decide to watch a movie to end the night. After the movie they had all said good night and disappeared into their rooms.

 

“Jinyoung, i’ll show you to your room.” They’d walked out into another bungalow with all the rooms. Jaebum opened one of the many rooms. “You can stay here but first, I need to see your bruises.” Jaebum says firmly

 

Jinyoung is still admiring the room until Jaebum says what he just did. He turns red of course but follows anyway. Jaebum goes into the bathroom and takes out a first aid kit. ‘Of course… I’m guessing all rooms have a first aid kit.’ (a/n: ofc duh…)

 

He takes off his shirt and Jaebum puts cream on still relevant bruises on his middle then proceeds to wrap him in bandage. He then thanks Jaebum and lies down onto the bed. 

 

“My room is just right beside yours, just tell me if you need anything.” 

 

“Thank you, have a good night hyung.” he says and Jaebum then leaves.

 

falling in love with this man is not bad at all.’ Jinyoung thinks before drifting to sleep.

 

 

 

Jaebum just gets out of Jinyoung’s room and sees Mark leaning by his door with a questioning look. Jaebum know Mark, he’d probably seen him treating Jinyoung’s wound on the camera and is here to question him.

 

“What? I treat your wounds too sometimes.” he says. “He’s just a friend hyung.” Jaebum continues and Mark just nods at him before going to the room in front of his. Jaebum then goes into his own room.

 

Jinyoung is just a friend to him. At first, Jinyoung had been so quiet and boring that it was ok for Jaebum to let him sit beside him. It was just quiet understanding for both of them. No one pried onto the other. It was just company. Quiet and comfortable. Besides it was Jaebum’s intention to make friends anyway seeing as to why he’d chosen to go into university. It wasn’t his fault everyone else just seemed annoying and scared of him. Jinyoung’s a good friend. He’s not scared of Jaebum. In fact he was so calm that he’d also managed to calm him down.

 

Jaebum lied down onto his bed and rethinks the events of the day. His brothers had been so excited about the boy. It had been a new face for them. Hopefully it had not scared his friend away. Jinyoung doted on Youngjae, Bambam, and Yugyeom so much Jaebum had kinda been annoyed. It was probably the thought that his brothers are now closer to his friend. Oh well, he appreciated the fact that people like doting on his little brothers.

 

 

*the next morning, about six am*

 

Jinyoung got up wanting to get fresh air in the morning. He opens the door to find another ma standing in front of the door next to him.

 

“Jaebum hyung, good morning.” 

 

“Morning”

 

Both of them decided to have an early morning walk. Jinyoung appreciated the fresh air. Even if the residence was just on the boarder of the city, the air seemed so much cleaner. They’d just walked silently side by side until they got tired and went back to the house. 

 

Jaebum has a library in his house. surprise surprise…

 

Jinyoung and Jaebum proceeds to read a book on a bench under a tree just beside the house. It was peaceful and quiet that when Jinyoung closed his eyes for a bit, his eyelids got so heavy he ended up napping on Jaebum’s shoulder for about an hour and a half until they hear someone approaching.

 

“Hyuuuung~! I’m huungryyy!” Yugyeom begins to whine. He then shut up at seeing the sight of them.

They both look at him. Jinyoung just wakes up again still bit frazzled. Jaebum glares at him a bit annoyed at being disturbed on reading his book.

 

“Why didn’t u let Bambam make something?” he asked tight lipped. Yugyeom looks a bit scared that he might’ve disturbed a moment.

 

“Hyung it’s ok, do you have anything I can cook?” Jinyoung says sitting up straight. He has this urge to take care of the boys. Jaebum nods at him and then they start to rise and walk.

 

“Yugyeommie is hungry?” Jinyoung dotes on Yugyeom. Yugyeom gives him a wide smile knowing Jaebum can’t do anything to him since Jinyoung is on his side.

 

“Ne~ hyung…” he says giving Jinyoung a small pout.

 

“Eo.. what do you want to eat?” Jinyoung asks.

 

“Pajeon- juseyo~” he says.. Jinyoung then ruffles his hair.

 

“Ok if there are ingredients hyung will make some.” Jinyoung says. “Hyung if you want you can continue reading on the couch, I’ll just let Yugyeom help me.” he continues giving his attention to Jaebum.

 

“Yea I’ll help.” Yugyeom says.

 

Jaebum was about to help Jinyoung without even asking but ok if Jinyoung insists. He had this weird feeling but he just shrugged it off and stayed in the living room while the two continued on to the kitchen.

 

“I wanna help too!” Bambam says as he also enters the kitchen.

 

“Yah! me too!” Jackson. Youngjae beside him just watches.

 

Jaebum snickers because Yugyeom, Jackson, Bambam and Youngjae have all been kicked out of the kitchen. He heard Jinyoung say,

 

“Yah, too much ruckus here, go to the living room and wait for the food there.”

 

Jaebum continued on with his book. Although he looks up after a few minutes. He saw Mark go into the kitchen and not get out. He decides to peek and sees Mark helping Jinyoung with cooking while conversing about something. They were so into the conversation that they haven’t noticed Jaebum go in, get water, and leave. 

 

Jaebum sat back on the couch. It bothered him, Jinyoung’s suddenly so close to mark. What had been so important that Jinyoung didn’t even notice his presence. He was his friend first. It’s normal to feel selfish about a friend right? of course it is! The thing is, no matter how Jaebum feels his face is still ( —_—) and so no one really knows what on his mind.