uh oh...

Tamed

The next morning Jinyoung woke up later than he usually does. He woke up before noon and immediately got ready for the day. He got our of his room at the same time Mark had gotten out of his. They’d walked to the living room together.

 

“Are you okay now Jinyoung-ah?” Mark asks.

 

“It’s not that easy hyung but I’ll manage.” Is all he can say before the machines see Jinyoung and start whining.

 

“Eommaaaa! I’m hungryy!” Yugyeom says.

 

“Arasseo i’m cooking ok… you guys chill there for a bit.” he says continuing to the kitchen.

 

Jaebum wasn’t in the living room. He was probably either out for a run or reading a book which Jinyoung joined him at until last week. It made him sad but that’s all he could be… sad… so he continued on to cooking. He was so distracted while cooking that when he tasted the food he couldn’t comprehend the taste. So he’d called Mark from the living area for help.

 

“Hyung can you help me taste this?” 

 

“Is it gonna taste salty with all your tears?” Mark asks jokingly earning a smack from Jinyoung. But still he tasted the cooking.

 

 

“Oh my god! This…this” Mark exclaims after tasting the food making Jinyoung nervous. Was it that bad.

 

“This taste like… normal food.” Mark expresses. “It’s good Jinyoung-ah” he says earning another smack from Jinyoung. 

 

Jaebum had been there again. watching the exchange. He came back from running and went to the kitchen for a glass of water. What the hell is in the kitchen that Jaebum always seems to make Jaebum feel awkward when Jinyoung and Mark was there. Why hadn’t Jinyoung called him for help? Wasn’t Jaebum his friend first? So Jaebum just went back to the living area parched.

 

=============================

 

It had been a couple of weeks and things were the same at school. Jinyoung having that silent companionship with Jaebum as if nothing happened. But now, Jinyoung had been more cautious about having any form of skinship with Jaebum. Jinyoung also doesn’t do aegyo on Jaebum anymore. Jinyoung was usually the first one to make conversation but now Jaebum feels the need to talk first, and all conversation they produce can end with a simple, yes or no.

 

But at home, the Im residence, Jinyoung would be more talkative. He’d give all his attention to the machines that ask for it desperately. What irks Jaebum is that Jinyoung had learned to do aegyo to Mark. It felt as though he had been replaced by the eldest hyung. Hell Jinyoung doesn’t even spare him a glance anymore when they’re at his house. But Jaebum had learned to live with it knowing he shouldn’t complain. Knowing he doesn’t have the right to.

 

Jinyoung dotes on the four boys but Mark dotes on Jinyoung. And so the aegyo-s start.

 

 

It annoyed Jaebum so much how Mark just accepts it too. He can dote on Jinyoung too. The boy deserved more attention than what Mark gives him. Jaebum can also protect Jinyoung better. But who was he to say that. He just sees Jinyoung as a dear friend. What if Mark likes him? What if Jinyoung start to like Mark too? What about Jaebum? 

 

A month later and Jaebum feeling the need to one up his hyung Jaebum had planned a birthday dinner for Jinyoung. He’d rented some high class restaurant for him, Jinyoung and all the boys. Wearing semi-formal clothing and feeling posh. 

 

Jinyoung had been genuinely surprised by what Jaebum had done. He’d been thankful but it also gave his heart a little stab. ‘If hyung can do this for a friend imagine what he could do for the love of his life’ he thought. It hurt him imagining Jaebum with someone else that’s not him. Because it can never be him. So as usual, when he’s feelings surface and he gets emotional about Jaebum again, Jinyoung comes close to Mark, being the only person that knows.

 

They’d drank. Mark, Jackson, Jaebum, and Jinyoung. But not to the point of losing their conscious minds. Just making them a bit tipsy. It was the maknaes’ time to look after them.  

 

Jaebum wasn’t happy that Jinyoung was still stuck to Mark even if he’d been the one to do this for the other. He didn’t even receive a hug. All he got was a ‘Thank you and let’s have fun’ but receiving Jinyoung’s smile had calmed him then. Now it’s like he’s getting pissed at Mark for o reason. Actually maybe the reason was because he was hogging all of Jinyoung’s attention but Jaebum was too prideful to admit that to himself. So he just sat there drinking watching over the others while unconsciously glaring at Mark.

 

Jinyoung was having the time of his life. So when he saw Jaebum sitting on the table drinking got himself all he could do was give him a small smile that immediately turned sad. Mark saw how he’d looked at Jaebum’s direction and to get his mind off the other greeted him in surprise.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY JINYOUNGIE!” 

 

 

Jinyoung had been surprised by the gesture but he was grateful by it as well. Pulling him back to his happy state. They both giggled and in the background you can hear Bambam saying ‘eeeew’ while Jackson already on his way to kiss the birthday boy too. 

 

But suddenly Jinyoung wrist was grabbed.

 

“Everyone, time to go home.” Is what Jaebum had said. Straight face. Firm. Demanding. His dark aura had come back.

 

“Aweee okaaaay” Jackson.

 

Youngjae, Bambam, and Yugyeom, being the sober ones had caught on quickly and followed the hyung’s order and started walking out.

 

Mark gave Jinyoung a pat on the back and followed the others. Jaebum had started walking too with Jinyoung just behind the others. They’d all decided to walk home for a breath of fresh air as well.

 

“Happy Birthday Jinyoung-ah” Jaebum says letting Jinyoung’s arm go.

 

“Thanks hyung.” Jinyoung says grabbing the wrist that Jaebum had held. Too firmly.

 

“So I guess you’d gotten over me and moved on to Mark hyung huh?” Jaebum asks as a joke. 

 

Jinyoung looks at him incredulously. The look in his eyes have been the look of hurt. It was like Jaebum had poured acid on his heart. His eyes started moistening and his nose reddened but he’d prevented the tears from falling. 

 

“Just because I’m gay doesn’t mean I’ll go for every guy!” Jinyoung tells him voice a little loud.

 

“It’s not about that…” Jaebum says feeling regret. 

 

“Then what is it about?! Tell me!” Jinyoung tells him voice cracking but still loud. At this point the boys in front of them had stopped walking to look back at the two.

 

“I thought you like ME!” Jaebum yelled back. His frustrated feelings suddenly surfacing. It had been so confusing for him. Jinyoung had confesses and he’d rejected, he knows. But Jinyoung suddenly comes back as if nothing’s happened and suddenly he was just a friend again and all his attention suddenly averted to Mark. Jaebum doesn’t know why but it’s like he felt selfish for Jinyoung’s affection. Doesn't Jinyoung like him? So why not act like it. 

 

“Don’t say things like that cause it’s giving me false hope hyung and I’m done! I’ve been trying so hard to get over the feeling that was never supposed to happen. I apologize for liking you if you hate it that much. I’ve been trying hyung! Been trying to suppress it. Cause when I did confess, I figured I was wrong. I didn’t need anything more that what we had. I was fine with  just how we were, you being beside me was enough. But i’m sorry I got selfish! I… I just thought… *you’d liked me too* …” Jinyoung faltered, he couldn’t say it, it was too embarrassing. The thought of it was to funny. 

 

 

“I…i figured if I acted the same then you would too. It’s not just about me and you, it’s because i’d started loving these boys too, they’d become important to me. But seeing you… I’ve tried to act the same, but looking at you made me feel butterflies in my stomach still… So I acted the same but with a little more distance so you wouldn’t feel disgusted by me. Mark hyung knows everything. I’d told him everything. Obviously knowing my secret I’d felt closer to him and it also helped that Mark hyung gave me attention too. Sometimes i’d think how easier it would've been to fall for him instead but then I just swat the thought away immediately because…. because he’s just not you!”

 

Jaebum was speechless with the sudden outburst. He’d been overwhelmed that Jinyoung liked him this much. He felt comfort in the thought that Jinyoung hadn’t gotten over him but he also felt terrible accusing the other’s feeling being shallow enough to get over him that fast. He stood there frozen. 

 

“No one follow me!” is all he heard Jinyoung say as he was still busy processing whatever had just happened. 

 

 

 

And for the second time, he let Jinyoung walk away. 

 

 

 

 

a/n: MIANHAEEE to everyone... XD

@sehijaudaun : I was waiting for you to comment! I know! who they think they are... continue! XD

@SHAINNNN04 : Awee thank you! Jinoungie's face lol amirite? :D

@Aauboo : I'm sorry for almost making you cry XD thank you for liking the emojis! I like the comments you leave thanks! <3

@anyerysunrise : haha thank you! I appreciate that you like it! :D

@HyVong : Thanks for liking the emojis too! Also Jaebum amirite? Have u seen Jinyoung?! XD