Part 1

{*Kings and Queens*}

January 2nd 10,000 ad

 

"Your majesty the Queen will not survive, it is advised that you go and see her now."

 

King Mark knew this was going to happen for a while now his wife Queen Jane had been very unwell for quite some time. The form of cancer she had was terminal even with the medical advances of the time they could still not find a cure.

 

Mark went to her side she looked so weak like she would die at any moment. He held her hand, she could talk a little but she didn't want to say much. As she looked at her husband she slowly lifted her arm and in her hand was a letter for him. Mark took the letter and just sat there with his queen until she drew her last breath. 

 

He let the doctors oversee the late Queen and he took the letter back to his room. The King took a deep breath and slowly opened the letter. He opened it up and began to read it. The letter read.

 

"My lord and husband,

 

If you are reading this letter then I have left this life and am now with god. As king I know you as king of earth must not be unmarried it is not socially acceptable and yes I know there must be some mourning time but after 4 months I wish for you to re marry, and there is only one woman who you must marry, that is the Lady Catherine of England. I remember you and her were once courting and she is the one woman I can hand on heart see you ruling the planet with.

 

I will always be here

Your Queen and humble servant

Jane."

 

He looked at the fire and had memories of him and the lady Catherine, the feelings he had for her had never really left him and he knew that his late queen was right, he and Catherine were meant to rule the Earth together. 

 

--- x --- 

 

Meanwhile on Pluto Sir Richard was having a meeting with Queen Morgana of Pluto.

 

"Are you sure your majesty."

 

"Yes, yes I am Richard. Gideon wants me away from here so he can marry that kitchen girl Sapphire and make her his Queen, over me the rightful Queen of this planet."

 

"I cannot see this happening the powers that be will never allow it."

 

"I fear he may go ahead regardless of the laws."

 

"I shall speak to King Mark of Earth and the other planets will come together to make sure that this does not happen."

 

"Thank you sir Richard."

 

--- x --- 

 

April 3rd 10,000 ad

 

4 months later in England, lady Catherine was at her family home being dressed for the day by her servant girl Clara. It had been 1 year since her husband John had been killed in the great war of the milky way, he gave his life for the planet and in his death Catherine was made a lady. She looked in her mirror for one last time when she heard her sister Mary call for her.

 

"Catherine."

 

"Yes Mary, thank you Clara."

 

Clara left and Mary walked into the room.

 

"Sister you must come quickly a package has arrived for you."

 

"For me, whatever could that be?"

 

As Catherine and Mary went to find their father she thought about it, all of Johns affairs had been settled so whatever this was it baffled her. 

 

"Ah, there she is, come daughter this has been sent to you."

 

Her father said as she stood there looking at the parcel. It was rather big and it had a letter which she picked up first. Catherine opened the letter and read it, her eyes widened the letter read.

 

"Lady Catherine,

 

I wish to see you again at court after such a long time. I have sent you the finest dress to wear for upcoming celebrations, I have also invited your father, Mary and your brother Charles. 

 

I look forward to seeing you there

 

King Mark of Earth."

 

Her father saw her smile and she looked at him and said.

 

"It is from his majesty he has sent me this dress to wear to the upcoming celebrations."

 

Richard smiled he knew exactly what was going on.

 

"Father."

 

Mary asked a little unsure of the current situation. And then Richard proudly said.

 

"His majesty needs a new wife and Queen and he has chosen you my daughter."

 

"Me, Queen of Earth, Father am I ready for such a noble title?"

 

"Yes my girl this has been your destiny for the longest time."

 

Catherine knew her father was right and she looked at the package and with Mary's help she opened it up and inside was a dress of Red and Gold the perfect dress for a celebration. 

 

 

"Father, when do we leave to the city?"

 

Catherine asked eagerly wanting to get out there, her feelings for the king were always of the greatest affection and to know he was showing interest in her again like he once did made her heart flutter like little butterflies.

 

--- x --- 

 

Two days later the celebration at court took place, the King was sat at the table waiting for lady Catherine's arrival, he took a sip of wine as he looked around the room, there were many people there to celebrate the now updated alliance with earth and mercury. 

 

Meanwhile at the entrance to court lady Catherine and her family had just arrived and were getting out of the coach, Catherine was helped out by her father while Charles helped Mary out of the coach it had been a very long time since Catherine had visited court for any celebration, her father was here often as he worked closely with the king. 

 

Walking to the celebrations Catherine still had the butterflies racing in her and then they arrived at the entrance where they were introduced to all the other attendees.

 

"Presenting sir Richard, lady Mary of wales sir Charles of coventry and the lady Catherine of England!"

 

Everyone looked at them and then Mark and Catherine caught each others glance and sparks flew for both of them. She was as beautiful as he remembered her and he knew that his late queen Jane had made the right choice. And the dress looked perfect on her too he couldn't wait to speak to her again.

 

And then everyone went back to celebrating.

 

"His majesty was looking at you."

 

Charles said playfully to his sister who he could tell was happy to see him again.

 

"Were his eyes only on me?"

 

"Yes sister they were." Mary replied she knew her sister was feeling the same affection for him like she had done before and was just hoping she would be able to talk to him that night. And then all of a sudden he went into the back room with their father.

 

"Majesty."

 

"Sir Richard, I am pleased to see your family here."

 

"Certainly your majesty, we are your most humble servants."

 

"Yes you are, would I be permitted some time with lady Catherine."

 

"Of course your majesty I shall go bring her right away."

 

Mark sat in the chair and was excited at the thought of seeing Catherine again after so long.

 

The door opened and she stepped into the room, she was very gracious and greeted him formally, with a sweet smile she curtsied for him.

 

"Your majesty." She said as there eyes met again and the attraction to one another was also there. These last 4 months had been a humbling experience for the king and to see her standing there with such beauty and grace like she always had made him happy and even more sure of Jane's choice.

 

He stood up and took her hand to lead her to a chair to sit on by the fireplace. They both knew it was love all over again it was just the getting to know each other again which they needed to do. They had both married other people, Mark had been crowned King of Earth, Catherine had been widowed by war. They were very different people from who they were when they were courting the first time around. The dress looked beautiful on her he couldn't stop looking at it.

 

"Lady Catherine it has been a while."

 

"It has your majesty. I hope you have been doing well."

 

"It took a while at first being a widowed man is not an easy thing to happen, especially not to a King."

 

"Yes of course, death is a hard part of life that we all must face sooner or later."

 

"Indeed we must."

 

They held hands and Catherine got the butterflies again like she had done before. Mark smiled and they carried on talking.

 

"I trust that you are doing well also?"

 

"Oh yes, my younger sisters are all preparing to one day be married themselves, I help mother prepare them for married life."

 

"Ah yes your sisters, your father is bringing them to court soon."

 

"He is, they are very keen to make a good impression."

 

Mark smiled and they sat there and talked for a little while longer, they were happy to be in each others company it felt like they were just picking up from where they had left off. Then Mark took her hand and he said to her.

 

"Catherine, if it pleases you, I would like to invite you to stay at court with me?"

 

She smiled and said.

 

"Yes that would please me very much your majesty."

 

He kissed her hand and before she left they looked at each other once more. And then Mark had sir Richard come back in there were other matters to talk about.

 

"Majesty."

 

"Sir Richard, I have tried to make contact with Gideon over his illegal matter and he refuses to respond, I have no other choice to have emergency meetings with the other kings on how to proceed now."

 

"Of course majesty, will we need to inform the powers that be?"

 

"It would be good to just so they are aware of his refusal to speak with anyone."

 

"Yes certainly, human and alien marriage is illegal for a reason and if he marries her he could loose his title and disgrace his family name."

 

Meanwhile in the court Catherine and Mary met up and started to talk.

 

"Well?"

 

"His majesty has asked me to live here at court with him, and I have accepted."

 

"Does father know?"

 

"He will, he's speaking with his majesty now."

 

"Oh yes there has been talk of some unrest on pluto."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yes, King Gideon has asked for a divorce from Queen Morgana."

 

"He's what?"

 

"I know this is a real problem."

 

This saddened Catherine as she was once a lady to Morgana on Pluto many years before and to Catherine this was an insult to her majesty and her title as queen of Pluto.

 

Just then Charles and Richard walked over.

 

"Father what is this about Gideon wanting to divorce Morgana?"

 

"Catherine please do not fret just yet about these matters. We need to arrange your matters before you move to court in the morning."

 

"Yes yes of course, with my blessing Clara shall now be a lady to Anne."

 

"Of course my child, we will also arrange for Henry to come and visit also it has been a while  since you have seen him."

 

"Yes it has."

 

As they continued to arrange everything Catherine could only wonder how Morgana was feeling, she held a special place in her heart and was the reason that Catherine and Mary became the women that they now were.

 

Would she be okay?

Should Catherine send a letter to Morgana?