Part 3 - Who are you?

Love Them Both

Who are you?

 

On the fifth day, Jonghyun escaped very closely from his identity being revealed by the neighbor girl. As usual, she was humming a song and doing chores in the garden when Jonghyun phone rang. It was from Minhyun.

 

She was startled because the ring tone is from Wanna One debut album, the part from the title song where Minhyun sing. Jonghyun customized this ring tone just for Minhyun calls.

 

She became curious of her neighbor already because of that ringtone. Then, it got worse for Jonghyun when he carelessly speak up “Hey what’s up Minhyun?”. She heard it and now must know who that person is already.

 

So, she step onto a pile of bricks in her garden to peek who is the one talking on the phone in the next compound. But, he was quick. She only get to see his back going inside the house. 

 

Of course he knows he made a mistake when he speak out Minhyun’s name knowing she is a fan of produce 101 and she can hear what he was saying.

 

Although she doesn’t know who he is, she knows that he is the nephew of the neighbor’s family who came to guard the house while they were going for vacation. Just yesterday night, she heard him and his friends in the yard.

 

Anyway, she stopped thinking anything special about it and went back inside her house after the chores. She found her brother sleeping on the table while studying. She put a blanket on him and went into her room.

 

That night Jonghyun’s uncle called him to check on him. He took that opportunity to ask about the neighbor whether the neighbors changed or what.

 

Then he got to know that the girl is the granddaughter of the elderly couple that he knew. Now she and her younger brother are the owners of that house. That’s because both of their grandparents passed away one after another only a year apart. 

 

He feels sorry to hear that. Looking at her, she doesn’t looks that old to take the burden of being an adult, head of household. He thinks she must not be older than him more than a year. Where are their parents, he wonders.

 

The more he knows about her, he tends to give more attention to her existence. He noticed her going to work, coming back from work, doing chores in the garden while singing a song and etc. She became an interesting person for him amidst his boring and quiet holiday over there.

 

~~~~~

 

On the 7th day, Jonghyun heard 2 people raising their voices at each other from that house. It looks like she is scolding her younger brother. He tried to listen carefully.

 

Girl: “Why did you wear this shirt to your soccer practice? Why not other shirts?”

 

Boy: “I was already late for school and this is the only shirt I can grab. No time to look for other shirts already.”

 

Girl: “Then, why didn’t you just take your own shirt. You know this is my shirt.”

 

Boy: “Noona, it’s you who put this shirt inside my wardrobe.”

 

Girl: “Are you sure?”

 

Boy: “When did I ever lie to you?”

 

Girl: “…”

 

Boy: “That’s why I’m telling you, you need to rest well and sleep well. Now look at you. Your memories are going away.”

 

Girl: “I know I know. Let this be my fault. But… this shirt is so white… why you wear a white shirt to your soccer practice?”

 

Boy: “Heol… all my soccer practice shirts are white. Why only for this Minhyun’s shirt then you are making a big fuss.”

 

(what what? Minhyun’s shirt?? Did I heard wrongly?) Jonghyun starts to wonder.

 

Girl: “It’s not the same. Ok? This shirt is super expensive.”

 

Boy: “Okay … next time, I will just grab a cheap one. Satisfied?”

 

Girl: “Nevermind. Go go… Just go and study.”

 

Boy: “Noona too… come inside quickly and take a rest already.”

 

Girl: “Araseoyo…”

 

Jonghyun tries to look over the wall to see which shirt they are talking about. Then, he sees the shirt that Wanna One sold last time with each member's name printed on the back. Her one got Minhyun name.

 

(ahh… so, she is Minhyun’s fan. She must be so lucky since he will be coming over to stay here… haha…) he thinks to himself but he feels a bit sad at the same time. He is also not very sure why he feels sad. 

 

Is it because he is jealous that Minhyun got more fans than him? Or is it because that girl is Minhyun’s fan and not his? These 2 reasons are similar but very different and only he knows that.

 

~~~~~

 

by

 

 

Yamin Ohmar