Part 2 - The Singer

Love Them Both

The Singer

 

On a Sunday morning, Jonghyun arrived to his uncle house which he used to come and stay when he was younger. Now he is all alone. He breathes in the fresh air together with the sense of freedom.

 

During the afternoon, he is roaming around in his garden and he hears the sound of someone singing softly. When he listens carefully then he knows it’s their song from Produce 101. The name is “Always”. But it’s a girl singing to it.

 

He feels happy that until now there are some people who still likes the song that he sang together with Produce 101 contestants. He became curious and try to look for the source of the voice. 

 

He looks over the wall which is quite low. And he found a girl hanging clothes to dry in the next compound. She was wearing baggy clothes and tied her hair into two and put to front. There are some clippers clipped to her trousers. He laughed because she looks like a joker or a clown. 

 

As far as he remembers, his neighbors were just elderly couple with no kids that he know of. So, he was thinking this girl might be the helper since the couple would be very old by now. It had been 7 years since he last came here. So, he doesn’t know for sure who are living here now.

 

~~~~~

 

The next morning when he came back from jogging, he sees a girl dressed in formal (office attire) came out of that house. As he looks carefully, that is the same girl from yesterday. Lucky, the girl didn’t see him.

 

After that encountering, he came to notice that, that girl is always singing whenever she does some chores in the garden. Whether hanging clothes or watering plants or sweeping, she is always humming or singing a song. She must be a fan of many kpop groups and also k-dramas, that’s what he thinks.

 

~~~~~

 

On the fourth day, his group members Ren and Aron came and visited him before they leave for Europe the next day. They are going to spend the night at Jonghyun’s house.

 

They have noisy dinner in the yard and after that play guitar and sing songs. Jonghyun quietly noticed that tonight the singing girl didn’t come out.

 

Of course she came out. It was just that they were too noisy, so the girl just quickly finishes up her chores in the garden and quickly went back in.

 

Ren: “Jonghyun ah… here, the environment is quite nice…”

 

Aron: “I think only we are being noisy, if not it will be so quiet and peaceful…”

 

JR: “You think so? for me, I have been hearing some people singing during the day and also at night…”

 

Ren: “Is it? From where? Who?”

 

JR: “No idea…”

 

He said with a secretive smile.

 

JR: “Hey btw Aron, you need to protect this guy well you know… I can imagine not only girls but also the guys will be chasing him oversea.”

 

Aron: “Yeah, you’re right. Don’t worry. Leave it to me. I will take care of him.”

 

Ren: “Why Jonghyun? Are you jealous? Jealous of guys chasing me?”

 

JR: “hahahaha… you wish, Ren… why would I be jealous? You’re not even my girlfriend.”

 

Ren: “And you wish I’m your girlfriend right?”

 

JR: “May be I will think about it when you are actually a girl.”

 

Aron: “Hey Jonghyun, don’t encourage him. He might actually change his gender. For you!”

 

Ren: “Haha… for him??? No way I’m changing. I like the way I am now, beloved by both males and females. I’m fabulous, b*tch.”

 

He said that using his acting skills to the max. They all had a good laugh that night without any worries or stress in a very long time.

 

~~~~~

 

by

 

 

Yamin Ohmar