002

young gods / jungkook : begin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Now before anybody says anything, she's not older than him. Not that there is anything wrong with a older woman dating a younger man. I'm just saying. Enjoy and thanks to ladygreymoss for always leaving such sweet comments below.

Park Cicily

I woke up the next day to the sound of flesh hitting flesh, skin being split open, and blood. I quickly rose, wincing painfully as I stretched my cramped limbs. Someone had moved me from the ring, I was curled up on a couple of stacked mats, a jacket had been thrown across my legs. I pushed it off, pushing mussed hair out of my face and turned to the center of the gym, the ring.

I watched in disbelief as Jeon Jungkook pounded his fists into a skinny teenage boy in the ring. The newbie didn't stand a chance, only able to take the hits defensively. The newbie hit the ground hard, but Jungkook didn't stop. Blood exploded on the newbies face.

“Jeon Jungkook!” I yelled, scrambling to my feet and stepping right up to the raised ring. When he didn't respond, I pulled myself on the ring and slid under the ropes.

“Cicily, that's not a very good idea.” It was Dexter, he'd somehow found his way back to his old job.

“What the is wrong with you? Were you just going to watch?” I yell back at him.

Ignoring Dexter's warnings, I slip up behind Jungkook and slide my arms under his arms, jerking him up and throwing him aside with all of the strength. I'm no fighter, but I caught him wildly off guard. He sprawled out on the ring with a grunt and I quickly reached for the newbie.

He let out a weak whimper.

“Somebody come help me with him,” I call. Dexter and couple other fellow fighters move to help me slide the newbie off the ring.

“I wasn't done,” Jungkook growls. He's standing up as he advances on the newbie, already pulling his fist back, aiming for the head shot. He looked so different from how he had looked last night, bleeding out on this same ring. Who was this person?

Without thinking, I plant my arms around the newbie and take the hit to my shoulder. Jungkook wasn't revered for nothing and I heard that his right hook could knock a person unconscious. I let slightly, but I refused to collapse, even though the pain that exploded on my shoulder was blinding.

I whipped around to look up at, pushing myself to my feet. He looked shocked, stumbling back a few feet. Jungkook was almost fifteen centimeters taller than I and had several more kilograms of muscle over me, but with anger rushing through my veins I was ready to take him.

“I'm so sorry.” His face changed completely, he looked aghast guilt and apology written all over it.

“Do you feel better now?” I hiss at him, my voice raising. “Do you feel better now that you've beaten him bloody? He can barely stand! Do you feel better beating someone too weak to hit back? Wake the up, Jeon Jungkook.”

Jungkook's face goes blank but I step up until I'm right in it.

“You ing coward. You lost a fight to someone who was better than you, better at taking hits, better techniques, better attitude. You went down under five seconds and took a beating. You're humiliated, you learned a lesson. And what do you do staunch your anger? You do the same exact thing that happened to you, to someone else. Like a bully. Put someone in the ring that's barely been fighting for a month? Do you feel better now you stupid ?” I push him and he has to take several steps back. “Thank god you lost to Jared, after seeing this, I honestly don't know how the hell you got that far.” I snarl, pushing him again. This time he doesn't step back, anger laces through his eyes.

“Who the hell are you to say that to me?” He lowers his voice and his head, making intense eye contact with me.

“I'm your very own nightmare,” I narrow my eyes at him, spitting the words out through gritted teeth. Anger laced through my veins. “I'll follow you to ends of the earth, you won't be able to shake me, and I'll make your life a living hell. So I suggest that you start listening to me.” I shove his shoulder and he lets me. “Lower your eyes, kid.”

“What?” His eyebrow furrows.

“Who are you to think you can look me in the eyes? You are nothing but the dirt under my shoe.” I utter. “Lower your eyes.”

His jaw clenches and I can see a storm in his eyes. He's too proud for this, but I can tell that my words are hitting home.

The entire gym is silent as he lowers his eyes.

“Yeah,” I nod my head. “That's right. Get your and be in the car in ten minutes. Or the next person you'll meet in the ring will be me and I will rip you to shreds.” I turn around and lift the ropes so that I slip underneath them and walk towards the exit.

 

The cold winter air cools my heated skin and I placed a hand on my injured shoulder. The valet rushed up from where he sat and I handed him my number.

“Thanks,” I smile at him, rolling my shoulder a few times and wincing. There was going to a nice purple bruise tomorrow morning. A few moments later the valet drives my car up to curb and I hand quite a large bill for a tip. “You've worked hard,” I say, taking my keys. He bows his head with a smile and returns to his booth.

I'm just closing the door of the driver's seat behind me when Jungkook steps out the doors with his duffel bag slung over his shoulder, glancing around for me, blatantly ignoring my sports car. I pull the window down.

“Get in,” I call from my seat. He walks up to me, opening the door and sliding inside. He gets inside and tosses his bag into the cramped backseat.

He doesn't say anything and neither do I.

I pull away from the curb and head towards my favorite place.

It was an old ramen place that I'd been going to since I could walk. MSG, empty calories, and fatty meat. It's everything that Jungkook has been craving since he started his career. It's what every professional fighter craves.

“Get out,” I say, parking and stepping out. Jungkook follows me and I lock the car behind us, trailing behind me as I enter.

“Cicily,” the owner, a kind woman that I've for most of my life, greets me happily as she cleans off a table. Her eyes go to Jungkook enters shortly after me. She meets my eyes knowingly. “I'll get your order started. You can help yourself.”

She disappears into the kitchen. I take a seat in one of the booths. Watching me, Jungkook slowly sits in front of me. We're still silent but I pull out my phone and see that I have several messages.

Are you doing okay? You took that hit directly.

It's Dexter. I was not doing okay, my shoulder pulsed painfully, but I refused to show any weakness. Jungkook wasn't like the other fighters that I'd managed. He was too proud, seen too much success, too volatile. I couldn't show weakness, I needed him to listen to me. I needed him to fear me.

I'm fine. I responded. I'd missed several calls from my uncle and I rolled my eyes as I spotted all of the messages he'd left me. He was worried, Dexter had not doubt told him about what had happened. I set my phone down and the owner set down a large ramen bowl in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter