001

young gods / jungkook : begin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: so excited for you to meet my OC!

Park Cicily

My uncle only every called me when he needed something. He was a good man, hardworking as the CEO of a growing entertainment company that had finally found its place in the amateur boxing world. He had several music-oriented boy groups out at the moment, but he'd found his most luck sponsoring young fighters.

It was ironic, the world that he had tried so hard to escape was where he found the most success.

I walked through the well-lit hall of his company building, my eyes trailing over the massive framed pictures that boasted several popular celebrities he'd discovered. I rounded the corner and found the blown up picture of my father right outside my Uncle's office door where it always was. He glared at the camera, his fists wrapped and held up defensively.

My uncle always claimed it was the best photo of my father, right in his element. And true, it would be a beautiful tribute if his eyes didn't seem to follow me every time I stepped past it. I sped up my pace, tightening my hands on my bag, and pushed the doors open.

His workspace was so different from was normally imagined of a CEO. Uncle Will enjoyed working in the field, often managing people and events personally. He often held the bare minimum, since he rarely worked in it. A metal desk that held his laptop when he wasn't popping it in his arms, and a tortoise-shaped desk lamp purely for decoration.

“Cicily!” Will cried happily from his spot behind the desk, opening his arms for a hug. I smiled warmly, walking up and hugging him from across the table. It wasn't easy, seeing my dead father's face on a man that was very much alive, but I dealt with it because I knew it haunted Will more than me.

“What do you want?” I asked jokingly, taking a seat in the chair in front of him.

“What? An old man can't see his beautiful successful niece once in a while?” He sings, but I can already tell he needs something from me.

“Not this old man,” I say pointedly. “It's okay, ask away.”

He hesitates not one moment. “I need you to manage one of my fighters.”

“What?” I ask, my eyes widening. He'd asked me in the past several times to oversee training or spend a couple days whipping some into shape, but never managed.

“Just for a few months, I've been having trouble with this fighter particularly and his manager just submitted his resignation.” He tells me, blinking hopefully.

I shake my head, thinking about the fighter that I've already agreed to train a few days ago.

“Please, please do me this for me,” my uncle Will begged me from across his desk. I turn to look away from his face. My dead father's identical twin, it was difficult to say no to anything he ever asked me. I run a hand through my hair, trying to think of an excuse.

“Uncle Will, you know that I've just taken someone new under my wing,” I reason with him. It was true, I had just taken a new fighter from the underworld to train. I was good at what I did, but I didn't think I could take two fighters at a time. And I had already promised him that I would train him.

“I know, I know, but Jungkook barely attends fights anymore. It would be mostly publicity things that you'd deal with,” Uncle Will told me, biting his lip. “You're the last of my options Cily. All of the other managers rejected my offer.”

“That doesn't make me want to accept,” I retort.

Will sighs. “Please, I'll pay you double your normal salary, I know you're still paying off the loans for the house.” I winced, knowing the moment that Will brought up those monthly payments that had become increasingly harder to meet, I am tempted.

“You're the best that I know,” he says, adding flattery to his argument. “This fighter, he's been disappearing recently and I'm genuinely worried about him. He's a good kid, I don't want to think that somehow he's been pulled underground or anything.”

I sigh again, loudly and long. He knows that I wouldn't say no, especially to his face. I suppose I would just have to find a way to incorporate this other fighter into my schedule.

“What's his name?”

 

I don't think I've ever had to deal with someone as troublesome as Jeon Jungkook. And I hadn't even met him yet.

“I'm so sorry,” his older manager, Dexter apologized for the thirteenth time since I'd got inside the van expecting to meet this big-shot fighter and found his seat empty. Apparently, he'd taken his own car moments after the photo shoot and vanished before Dexter could introduce us.

“Don't be,” I sigh, reaching into my pocket for my phone. We were driving on our way to the gym that Jungkook trained at but I had a sneaking suspicion we wouldn't find him there. I scrolled through my contacts and found one of my oldest friends who worked as a detective for the South Seoul precinct. He was not getting away from me for the third time.

“Hello?” I heard her voice. Good, she didn't sound busy.

“Yena-yah,” I cooed into the phone sweetly.

“Oh no, I know that voice. What do you want?” She deadpans. I can hear her co-workers in the background jeering at each other.

“Do you remember that one time last week that I tracked down that ert who was stealing all that woman's underwear from the department stores?” I ask, batting my lashes even though I knew she couldn't see me.

“I also remember you breaking his nose, I had so much paperwork to do because of you,” she retorts with a sniff.

“But I caught him for you,” I say, “bastard deserved it for holding that woman hostage, we both knew it. Besides, you ended up writing it off as self-defense anyway.” I guessed. Yena sighed on the other side of the phone. She was always calling me up, asking me for help with securing criminals. Yena was smart, good at tailing and finding evidence, but when it came to actually capturing the criminal Yena and her team lacked strength.

“What can I do for you?” She asked. I hear her smack someone and her chair roll on the cement floor of her office.

“I lost someone, could you track his number for me?” I ask, switching to speaker phone so that I can message her Jungkook's phone number.

Yena chortled. “You lost someone? You?”

I rolled my eyes. “Just do it, I need to find him before he decides it's a good idea to cliff jump or something.” I was exaggerating. I hoped.

“I'll text you the address once I get it,” she tells me and I hear the sound of a keyboard.

“Thanks, I owe you,” I say. She murmurs a goodbye and we hang up.

“You don't think that he'd actually go cliff-jumping do you?” Dexter looked at me, worried. I shake my head at him.

“You're his manager, how would I know what he's capable of doing?” I ask, but his question just confirmed my suspicions. Jungkook was a loose cannon, he was capable of anything.

The address came just minutes later and it wasn't his apartment. I knew exactly where he was. I stared down at the familiar address in dismay, a sinking feeling entering my stomach.

“I know where he is, you're going to have to make a U-turn here,” I tell Dexter. He looks at me, confused, but does as I say.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter